The Iron Forge: a Xaser/Not Jabba collab map

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Not Jabba

The Iron Forge: a Xaser/Not Jabba collab map

Post by Not Jabba »

The Iron Forge is a single map for Heretic, created by Xaser (architecture/layout) and me (thing placement). It plays in the E2M1 slot and requires ZDoom/GZDoom. Enjoy the public beta, and let us know what you think!

This map includes a variety of tweaks to Heretic's monsters and weapons to improve the pacing and balance of the game (especially to address that feeling you get when all the monsters are super weak but take forever to kill). If you've played a beta of The Wayfarer, you'll recognize most of these changes.

Download the wad here.

Screenshots:

Last edited by Hellser on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the [imgur] tags next time.
Xaser

Re: The Iron Forge: a Xaser/Not Jabba collab map

Post by Xaser »

A quick copypasta author-post (since I happened to post it on DW first):
Xaser wrote:Some quick history: This was originally intended for Realm of Parthoris, but distractions happened and I wasn't able to get it done in any reasonable timeframe. It kinda sat homeless for a while until Not Jabba kindly offered to finish it (and donate those delicious Wayfarer gameplay tweaks), which is absolutely superheroic. Thanks again for bringing this to life!

For when someone inevitably notices and asks: yes, the map layout is based on a certain something. Props to whomever first notices. :P

[...did I just use "whom" correctly? For shame! This is the internet; who gives a sock about grammar?]
If you're wondering if it was absolutely necessary to include the grammar note, the answer is "fronk tube". Don't ask.
Mikk-

Re: The Iron Forge: a Xaser/Not Jabba collab map

Post by Mikk- »

Xaser wrote: For when someone inevitably notices and asks: yes, the map layout is based on a certain something. Props to whomever first notices. :P
Iron Keep from Dark Souls II?

Return to “Levels”