QC:DE v2.7 is out! (With 100% more Dusk Dude)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ghostboy1225

Re: Quake Champions: Doom Edition (RELEASED!)

Post by ghostboy1225 »

played through episode 2 and it seems that ammo could be tweaked to give less from dropped weapons/small ammo cause i am swimming in ammo when playing when normally i would be at a moderate/low amount seems to break balancing for certain ammo types
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

ghostboy1225 wrote:played through episode 2 and it seems that ammo could be tweaked to give less from dropped weapons/small ammo cause i am swimming in ammo when playing when normally i would be at a moderate/low amount seems to break balancing for certain ammo types
Funny, I already mentioned that. The thing is, dropped ammo already does give less than default, only weapons always give the same amount. Sorry to disappoint, but DBThanatos said this is intentional.

You could of course tweak the mod yourself, but then you have to redo it all over again whenever the mod gets updated.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

Took me a while, but your showcase/review is ready.

the only thing I had to suggest you fixed right away on 1.0.1, which was Doomguy taking too long to use the regular weapons after his BFG blast.
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

Problems I've had so far with QC:DE (v1.0.2):

The TITLEMAP music uses the sound volume setting instead of music volume, it's also incredibly loud for me and I have to skip past it.
The mod's monster replacement spawners don't transfers specials and args, so monsters that activate scripts on death don't work.
If Player 1 picks a large character, their voodoo dolls aren't readjusted for it, so maps with tight voodoo doll spaces break as the voodoo doll can't move.
Also Sorgaul doesn't give a "big champion warning" despite being a large character.

Adding onto this post, I've also encountered a problem with the Quake 4 enemies, namely the Q4MachinegunGuard monster.
It does very random and ludicrous damage, its attack function lacks the CBAF_NORANDOM flag, so each bullet is dealing (1d5 * 3)*1d3 damage (3-45).

Code: Select all

Q22A D 3 A_CustomBulletAttack(20, 0, 1, random(1,5)*3)
Also! None of the monsters will start the game dormant currently. The monster spawners don't transfer the "DORMANT" flag as they aren't Monsters or SwitchableDecorations, so +DORMANT isn't applied to them. Came across this issue in my own mod.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Spoiler: About previous post
And here's a preview of what's coming in a couple days
Jeimuzu73

Re: QC: Doom Edition (New Champion p.13)

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

I knew it'd take forever for him to come back...since...Forever, I guess. :wink:

If you want to add BJ but not use the old Wolf3D sprites, D3athStalker made this sprite sheet of him based on his appearance in New Colossus:
Spoiler:
mutator

Post by mutator »

are you fixing ammo disappearing bug as well?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:I knew it'd take forever for him to come back...since...Forever, I guess. :wink:

If you want to add BJ but not use the old Wolf3D sprites, D3athStalker made this sprite sheet of him based on his appearance in New Colossus:
Spoiler:
They still look a bit too wolf3d, but it sure is better than the original ones :P
mutator wrote:are you fixing ammo disappearing bug as well?
I was never able to reproduce that.
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

Oops, seems I was using a slightly outdated version! Same bugs still seem to be there though. Glad you saw the feedback!
DBThanatos wrote:Voodoo dolls cant be readjusted. There's no way to change the size of the player on the fly, much less of voodoo dolls which are technically "players 1". It's bound to break maps and there's nothing we can do about it.
You can use A_SetSize, or Is that outside Zandronum compatibility? If so, dang.
EDIT: oh, and ClassifyActor in ACS can be used to check if the calling actor is a Voodoo doll. Dunno if that's in Zandonum either.
Last edited by Turret49 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
mutator

Post by mutator »

DBThanatos wrote:
Jeimuzu73 wrote:I knew it'd take forever for him to come back...since...Forever, I guess. :wink:

Spoiler:
They still look a bit too wolf3d, but it sure is better than the original ones :P
mutator wrote:are you fixing ammo disappearing bug as well?
I was never able to reproduce that.
you mean you couldn't find out how to fix the bug? you loose ammo after like second or third map...
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

That's a weird one, never had it myself and I went through like six or so levels of Doom Core without any problems.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Turret49 wrote:Oops, seems I was using a slightly outdated version! Same bugs still seem to be there though. Glad you saw the feedback!
DBThanatos wrote:Voodoo dolls cant be readjusted. There's no way to change the size of the player on the fly, much less of voodoo dolls which are technically "players 1". It's bound to break maps and there's nothing we can do about it.
You can use A_SetSize, or Is that outside Zandronum compatibility? If so, dang.
EDIT: oh, and ClassifyActor in ACS can be used to check if the calling actor is a Voodoo doll. Dunno if that's in Zandonum either.
Yeah. Zandro is gzdoom 1.8.6 which is ancient. No fancy features of the last year or two :P

mutator wrote: you mean you couldn't find out how to fix the bug? you loose ammo after like second or third map...
Not "how to fix" but "how to make it happen". I've never experienced it and i do play quite a bit of single player. What version of the mod, engine version? If you could give me a reproduceable scenario would be best. Can't fix an error we don't see. :P
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

I want to see that we can create our own champions for your mod. :3
Korell

Post by Korell »

Just tried out the new version with Duke Nukem. I wonder if getting Duke Nukem 3D enemies into the enemy roster for single player would be possible?
mutator

Post by mutator »

I use gzdoom 3.2.5 and it seems to happen with any class I choose...also if you kill monsters with duke nukem's special attack like zombieman they don't drop the ammunition

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”