Doom 4 Doom Starter Pack

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MattDurajka

Doom 4 Doom Starter Pack

Post by MattDurajka »

Hi everyone,
I recently started working on a map pack for a Doom mod that some of you may know called Doom 4 Doom. It moves the elements of the new Doom (Doom 4/Doom 2016 whatever) to the original classic Doom games and brings new weapons as well as glory kills, new sprites, upgrade system, new HUD and more.

Now my problem is that I couldn't really find any good maps for it and playing classic Doom maps just doesn't cut it for me. The new Doom doesn't play like the original, it introduces a vertical axis to the game allowing you to double jump and grab ledges, something that the classic games didn't and couldn't have. So I decided to download GZDoom builder and backport (sort of) the areas from the new Doom to the classic one to be played with the GZDoom port and the aforementioned mod.

So far I've spent the last 2 days working on it and I chose to recreate the area from the Doom E3 demo from 2015.
I've got a little screenshot for comparison.

I know it's very little to judge it by but it's sadly the only scene I can show as the area in front of you is super large and for me largely incomplete. I'll be able to show you more screenshots once I'll have more work done.
Thedarkcube

Re: Doom 4 Doom Starter Pack

Post by Thedarkcube »

Considering d4t is one of the beat mods for doom touch I hope this has doom touch compatibility too
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

Now we have the best DOOM 2016 map recreations in Classic DOOM.
MattDurajka

Post by MattDurajka »

Here's another screenshot

Ignore the default textures in the background
Kyotra

Post by Kyotra »

Oh man I was hoping someone would do this kind of mapset. I've seen a lot of attempts in the past but most don't go all the way, only doing a few levels, making compromises to simplify the level creation, or failing to get down the visual feel.
Gzegzolka

Post by Gzegzolka »

That is some interesting project You have.
I would love to see it finished. I love Doom 2016 design and I am surprised how refreshing is Doom4Doom gameplay modification, how player is stronger, but so do monsters and they are even more aggressive.
I wonder is this project still alive?

Return to “Levels”