New Member Introductions

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Wohlstand
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Wohlstand »

Hello!
I'm a Wohlstand (or my real name is Vitaly).

I have found shareware Doom 1 on a "250 Games" CD collection of various games I had in my collection, and complete Doom 2. Before of that while I was a child I played Doom 2D (which a 2D remake of Doom) together with my second cousin. Sometimes I still play various old games include Doom, Doom-based and any other I have at me and there are working in DosBox that I run on Linux, or on my Pentium II machine with Windows 98.

ZDoom a first well-working alternative Doom engine I have found many years ago and then left that for a long time. Then, I have remembered it again and then I tried to play some old levels I kept on my server's file storage.

Also I came here to help with libADLMIDI - a MIDI playing library I made and extended from ADLMIDI console player originally made by Joel "Bisquit" Yliluoma.
JoshuaC

Post by JoshuaC »

Hey I'm Josh. I used to be pretty big into making maps for Source, but lost interest after a bit. I've been looking and poking around in GZDoom and I'm having fun messing around in with. I'd eventually like to make something decent with it, but for now I'm having fun just seeing what I can get away with.

I was first introduced to Doom way back in 1993 when my cousins managed to get a hold of the original shareware version. We played the hell out of it till we were eventually caught by our parents. Funny enough I still have those floppy disks up in my closet.
Legion

Post by Legion »

Hello. My name is Legion. I hope everyone's day is going alright.
Biohazard Party
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by Biohazard Party »

Hi everyone. I'm Biohazard Party(Known as Arktic Wolf elsewhere), I joined 2 years ago as of writing this but couldn't bother post here.

I started playing doom at around 2014 because of gmDoom(Basically Doom weapons, monsters, maps and item etc. ported to Garry's Mod) then a year later a friend gave me his copy of DOOM collectors edition because he didn't have a computer to play it on.
cloud6625

Post by cloud6625 »

I ended up finding the WIP thread first and tried posting there before I saw this thread, but oh well.
Hi, I'm a long pixel artist and graphic designer. Been using Adobe Photoshop for upwards of 6 or 7 years now. I've played videogames for pretty much my entire life and Doom has always been one of my favorites, as such, I've snooped around these forums for years without ever registering. I thought now would be as good a time as any to finally do so.
VDRK

Post by VDRK »

Hi, erm, im VDRK

I make maps...thats about it lol
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Hello Dave, Hal9000 here
I'm new to this forum, I'm planing to showcase some of my (GZ)Doom related projects here.
LOZ_98
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by LOZ_98 »

LOZ98, previously known as "An_Unknown_Player", the guy behind zSRB2, lost my older account and e-mail and I couldn't recover it so I ended up creating a new one, hope everyone is doing alright :wub:
DavidRaven

Post by DavidRaven »

Hello! I'm DavidRaven (not my real name xD), from Italy. I started playing Doom in 1994 when I was 5, and I'm still playing it nowadays. I mostly lurk on message boards but I decided to register to share a bit of my mapping work.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

Hello guys, I'm Apaul27 (My real name is Aaron Paul Hancock Jr.), I just started playing DOOM just last year, since then i been having fun, that i mod the game with different mods, and I'll happy about joining the forums, and i hope make something for DOOM one day.
mty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mty »

Hey,

I am mty, Matthias. I bought myself some games lately. Got sick off em quickly and decided to play doom again. Man, it's great. Than, ten day ago, I found evvee's "you should make a doom map" tutorial. Since than I made four that add up to a nice little campaign. So here I am :)

I used to make Blood and Jedi Knight maps back in the days. It's so refreshing to simply make simple maps for a straightforward game.

See you around.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

henlo my nam is mikk

i am new her i maek wad
SpaceyStrife

Post by SpaceyStrife »

'Ello! I'm Stephen, most people know me online as Strife.

My first foray into Doom modding was with Chex Quest, and I was the backup musician for Chex Quest 3. After that, I made a few freeware games by myself before I formed an indie studio, GalaxyTrail, more commonly known as "the guys who made Freedom Planet". My current project is Freedom Planet 2 which keeps me busy.

Every so often I'll find myself being drawn back into Doom from the sheer number of quality mods and wads, or when I just need level design inspiration. Finishing a megawad is something that's been on my bucket list since I was in high school. I'll get around to it someday.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

'sup, i should've made this last year, but yeah
my name's lossforwords and i'm just a young kid from brazil tryna make it in the forum game
at first, i just made the account to post the d64 berserk sprites,
but then i started posting more crap and now here i am. glad to pe a part-ish of the community.
Maggle

Post by Maggle »

Hi, I'm Maggle, and I have been playing Doom off-and-on since 04-05-ish. I would play my Dad's old DOS copy when I would visit him on the weekends and had a blast. I later got a computer of my own; A Dell Inspiron(?), which is long gone these days. For this PC, my Stepdad got me Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom, which I played a ton of.

My foray into mods/WADs was when I later got Hell Revealed 1 & 2, which I believe I played in ZDoom, but I don't really know (I was definitely using the ZDL Loader, though). My first megaWAD was ironically one of the hardest, and unsurprisingly, I got my ass handed to me. But it was fun, and that, along with Super Smash Bros. Melee, are what I spent most of my free-time playing in 2006. That PCs hard drive failed one day, and the Nintendo Wii came out, so I didn't get back into Dooming until much later, in 2014. Now here I am.

I signed up to this forum earlier this week at the time of me writing this. I'm mainly here to browse the new projects as they develop, and see what strikes my fancy. Since this forum is aimed more towards the technical/development side of things, I probably won't be posting much, simply because I don't have much to contribute. I don't know much about how Doom works, I just like the game. Sorry.

Nevertheless, I'll post occasionally, whenever I have something to say, and just kinda hang out. See you around.

Return to “Off-Topic”