Dead Man's Tears (DMT) - formerly The Killing Joke

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PRIMEVAL

Re: The Killing Joke (WIP)

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Looks very interesting, I like the aesthetic. Keep it up! I'll be watching this one.

Also, if you need help with music, I can assist.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Looks good, when i saw the tittle i was expecting a mod for batman doom based from the movie of the same name: the killing joke.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

DOOMERO-21 wrote:Looks good, when i saw the tittle i was expecting a mod for batman doom based from the movie of the same name: the killing joke.
It has caused a lot of confusion it is likely to go through a drastic name change before its release.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Hidden Hands wrote:
DOOMERO-21 wrote:Looks good, when i saw the tittle i was expecting a mod for batman doom based from the movie of the same name: the killing joke.
It has caused a lot of confusion it is likely to go through a drastic name change before its release.
How about... CarnEvil: The Slayground

Oh oh or Scream Show

Or just BigTop Bloodbath

I'm here all week.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

:twisted: He he he hahaha hohohohohooooo! :twisted:

Looking forward to it!
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Meet the Klink Brothers. The mini boss from level 05!
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Any ideas are welcome... I have three clown wizards. The first one stands and casts magic at you. Completely stationary. The second on does the same, except he can teleport about the map. But the third one... I have no idea. What shall I do to make him a variant? I have decided to stick with a stationary pose, so he cannot "walk" so to speak. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

Perform a small sized, medium speed figure eight in front of you, then teleport to each of four sides, doing the same. This could possibly be done along the walls, making the use of splash damage weapons tempting, but have the room a little smaller to make that a challenge to do without hurting yourself.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Just sharing a quick video of the "upgraded" stand fan, transported into the clown game. It requires batteries to use, and they run out very quickly. Two types of battery are available. Cheap knock offs, and good quality. This will replace the chainsaw entirely. No chainsaw in this game.

Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

i am bumping this topic requesting MAP DESIGNERS. I have been working on this as a solo project for the whole time and it's just too much for one man. Within a year, I have been able to complete three working levels. All in all, there are seven now. This is too slow. All levels are planned in theory (32) but making them all is just too much along with designing all the monsters coding and everything else. I'm looking for some talented map makers interested in helping bring these to life with their creative skills. Anyone interested? We will be working with UDMF.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I'm sooo looking forward to clowning around with this one!

As far as level makers go, there are many talented members here, so I don't think it will be a problem to get help. Regardless, good luck, and may fortune continue to smile on this project!
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Naniyue wrote:I'm sooo looking forward to clowning around with this one!

As far as level makers go, there are many talented members here, so I don't think it will be a problem to get help. Regardless, good luck, and may fortune continue to smile on this project!
Thank you very much! I'm hoping people will like it, since I'm going for a surreal horror/fantasy psychedelic kind of atmosphere.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I know this is cliche, but how about a hall of mirrors level, well, mirroring the scene in "Enter the Dragon"?
Hero against clown, bare fists versus claws?
krokots

Post by krokots »

I actually thought this would be about Monty Python "Funniest Joke" for some reason. But that's another idea for a mod.
Hidden Hands

Re: Dead Man's Tears (DMT) - formerly The Killing Joke

Post by Hidden Hands »

Level 08 is currently in progress. The game has gone through a title change and a few dialogues are being re-written as the story is slightly being updated.

New enemies have been added including Machine Elves and and a sub-boss Propella Head leader. Lots more is in progress. Will update you properly soon!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”