Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AgentSpooks

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by AgentSpooks »

Apaul27 wrote:Can't download, because the links are disable on me. And i need to play your mod, please help.
Somewhere within this thread there is a 'Heretex' modpack that contains all the necessary files for playing WoC 2c2, i'm not sure if i should quote that message again so i'm just going to tell you about it and hopefully you can find it. If i can actually link it then could someone let me know, i'd be glad to help Apaul27
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Now I've finished both Hexen and Deathkings, and I have stuff to say.

Hexen as a fighter was moderately hard and pretty interesting. Deathkings as a summoner cleric became a cakewalk halfway through. I don't know if it's because of different class or different mapset.
Dragonclaw feels weird and doesn't really fit in fighter's weapons. I'd say if fighter needs a purely ranged weapon, some sort of simple crossbow would be the best.
Mixed mana weapons are too easy to get since they just replace one of the pieces. I think weapon pieces should stay weapon pieces, and new weapons should spawn along them.
Too many flasks. Really, so many damn flasks. Most of the time (i.e. when I'm not in a climactic battle), I never remember about most of them. Just the basic three are enough.
Wyverns are annoying, especially when there's three at once.
Nightgaunt

Post by Nightgaunt »

Fighter really needs ranged STR based ranged weapons.

It feels so dumb to put intelligence on him.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

worldendDominator wrote:Hexen as a fighter was moderately hard and pretty interesting. Deathkings as a summoner cleric became a cakewalk halfway through. I don't know if it's because of different class or different mapset.
Try to play for another builds or difficulty.
worldendDominator wrote:Mixed mana weapons are too easy to get since they just replace one of the pieces. I think weapon pieces should stay weapon pieces, and new weapons should spawn along them.
Totally agree, but with one proviso - for Doom games 4th weapons should be stayed as is, since a some megawads will are near impossible for playthrough if the 4th weapons are turned back to original obtaining way.
worldendDominator wrote:Too many flasks. Really, so many damn flasks. Most of the time (i.e. when I'm not in a climactic battle), I never remember about most of them. Just the basic three are enough.
You can convert it for currency or experience. And some of them are pure gold when you play in the Doom massacre wads, because they can pierce through Heresshield; do wipe away (Aqua, Tan, Purple) a lots of enemies or just deals a lot damage to single enemy or to the small group of them (Green, Blue, White, Maroon).
worldendDominator wrote:Wyverns are annoying, especially when there's three at once.
It's just Deathkings I guess.
Nightgaunt wrote:Fighter really needs ranged STR based ranged weapons.

It feels so dumb to put intelligence on him.
Agree. STR-based ranged weapon will be logical for Fighter. But as I had wrote early the STR-Fighter build is quite possible (but probably not for Heretic megawads with lots of ghosts or randomized Doom wads because Wyverns) and have provides lot of fun, for my opinion at least. Also melee Fighter is almost unviable without Blood Rush especially on the 5th diff or with fast monsters enabled.

During in a lots playthrough of WoC of different games (especially long plays) I have found that late game boils down to spamming yours ultimate weapon (4th) and some of support skills in a most cases\INT-builds.
And then game turns a bit boring; an only one creative way to fix it that I see now, is to add immunity\resistance system for enemies. As I have wrote in the irontusk's thread the balanced immunity system will don't allow to player just to spam around from your ultimate, because a some foes will be immune or high resistant to 4th, so you will be forced to change weapon or a more intense use your skills (or flasks\artifacts). In other side for a some monsters can to set a vulnerables.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

an only one creative way to fix it that I see now, is to add immunity\resistance system for enemies.
That, and each type of attributes need to synergize differently for each class so INT isn't the god stat.
Razumen

Post by Razumen »

Some sort of longbow would be a good fit for a STR based ranged weapon, base magical damage but higher strength increases the bonus damage and speed.

Or just make higher strength allow him to fling the hammer faster/harder since he already has that weapon and in OG Hexen it already filled the role of his dedicated ranged weapon.

I have to admit that when I played the Fighter through Deathkings I didn't really see much point in using the new sword or the deathclaw, the Axe hit faster and harder in close ranges, and if I wanted ranged I'd just use the hammer as usual. Seems like too many solutions in search of a problem.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

One thing to note, if theres a code or command that makes a certain monster immune to a damage type (besides Physical or lifetap) please let me know... So i can edit this in my monster collection in Diablo 3D.
EDIT: NVM i found it!!! Thanks! i will make the changes!

on Diablo 3D...
Specific Act 2 (episode 3) monsters will be Fire Immune.. (Lightning/Poison Damage Halved)
Specific Act 3 (Episode 4) monsters will be Lightning Immune.. (Fire/Arcane Damage will be halved)
Specific Act 4 (Episode 5) monsters will be Fire/Poison Immune.. (lightning/Arcane damage will be halved)
Specific Act 5 (Episode 6) monsters will Lighting/Ice/Poison immune (Fire/Arcane damage will be halved)...
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Razumen wrote:Some sort of longbow would be a good fit for a STR based ranged weapon, base magical damage but higher strength increases the bonus damage and speed.

A handheld ballista firing stakes or rocks would be better, I think.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Valherran wrote:
an only one creative way to fix it that I see now, is to add immunity\resistance system for enemies.
That, and each type of attributes need to synergize differently for each class so INT isn't the god stat.
+1, dude. Yeah, this was discussed a few times before.
But it probably takes a more precisely balancing and lots of revamping, so therefore I suggest to begin from easier way. If to talk in terms of suggestions, then I think what would be good to add damage amplifier for else one stat, which will provides a more damage growing with compare to INT and individual for each class. With nerfing of current damage grow rates from INT ofc.

Let's say that a current INT rates gives a 1.0 (i. e. 100%) damage grow to all, exclude Hunter and melee weapons.
I can assume next plan of changes forex:

Fighter will be recieve 0.25 (25%) magic damage from INT + 0.75 from STR
Cleric - 0.5 from INT + 0.5 from WIS (or 0.33 from INT, 0.33 from WIS, 0.33 from STR)
Hunter - 0.75 from AGI + 0.25 from INT
Necro - 0.75 from INT + 0.25 from WIS or CHAR
Mage - just like as is now 1.0 for INT

Ofc, it's just rude examples, and moreover will be very good if stats correlation on damage will be dependable from choosed spec, so let's say that non-speced Cleric will grow by 0.5 from INT + 0.5 from WIS, but if you choose Inquisitor path, then your bonuses changes to 0.5 from STR + 0.20 from INT + 0.30 from WIS, forex. And so on.
Razumen wrote: I have to admit that when I played the Fighter through Deathkings I didn't really see much point in using the new sword or the deathclaw, the Axe hit faster and harder in close ranges, and if I wanted ranged I'd just use the hammer as usual.
Actually Vorpal Sword potentialy is the best Fighter's weapon - in general it have a longest reach distance in melee (150) even without mana, 2nd place in attack speed after Timon's Axe, ability to pierce through enemies, literally moderate base damage and approximately equal to Hammer DPS. It's my favourite Fighter's weapon to be honest. What about Dragon Claw - it's just quite fair weapon for a long-\mid-range sniping, or acts as moderate magic shotgun (with INT investing ofc).
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
Valherran wrote:
+1, dude. Yeah, this was discussed a few times before.
But it probably takes a more precisely balancing and lots of revamping, so therefore I suggest to begin from easier way. If to talk in terms of suggestions, then I think what would be good to add damage amplifier for else one stat, which will provides a more damage growing with compare to INT and individual for each class. With nerfing of current damage grow rates from INT ofc.

Let's say that a current INT rates gives a 1.0 (i. e. 100%) damage grow to all, exclude Hunter and melee weapons.
I can assume next plan of changes forex:

Fighter will be recieve 0.25 (25%) magic damage from INT + 0.75 from STR
Cleric - 0.5 from INT + 0.5 from WIS (or 0.33 from INT, 0.33 from WIS, 0.33 from STR)
Hunter - 0.75 from AGI + 0.25 from INT
Necro - 0.75 from INT + 0.25 from WIS or CHAR
Mage - just like as is now 1.0 for INT

Ofc, it's just rude examples, and moreover will be very good if stats correlation on damage will be dependable from choosed spec, so let's say that non-speced Cleric will grow by 0.5 from INT + 0.5 from WIS, but if you choose Inquisitor path, then your bonuses changes to 0.5 from STR + 0.20 from INT + 0.30 from WIS, forex. And so on.
Razumen wrote: I have to admit that when I played the Fighter through Deathkings I didn't really see much point in using the new sword or the deathclaw, the Axe hit faster and harder in close ranges, and if I wanted ranged I'd just use the hammer as usual.
Actually Vorpal Sword potentialy is the best Fighter's weapon - in general it have a longest reach distance in melee (150) even without mana, 2nd place in attack speed after Timon's Axe, ability to pierce through enemies, literally moderate base damage and approximately equal to Hammer DPS. It's my favourite Fighter's weapon to be honest. What about Dragon Claw - it's just quite fair weapon for a long-\mid-range sniping, or acts as moderate magic shotgun (with INT investing ofc).
i did add immunites for monsters and added weaknesses to certain elements for each class to add some balance.
Last edited by irontusk341 on Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
irontusk341

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 2c2 fix

Post by irontusk341 »

I loaded the Gzdoom 3.3.2 with the fixed Wrath of cronos script and i get the following bugs,
1. the characters sprite disappears from the hud on the lower left corner..
2. the sprite health bars for monsters disappeared.
3. error messages, "ACS: I dont know what Targethppercent, outbreakitem is" appears

Both Targethppercent and Outbreakitem can be found in the RPGScript.txt from WrathofCronos2c2.pk3. im guessing "they cant be defined"

in game. Any idea on how to fix it?
Attachments
333.jpg
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Mod versions appear to still be here if anyone's having trouble finding them: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... =date_desc

Hopefully you guys are able to get it working with GzDoom again, it's weird how it forked off the way it did after playing nice with both engines for awhile.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

irontusk341 wrote:I loaded the Gzdoom 3.3.2 with the fixed Wrath of cronos script and i get the following bugs,
Does your fixed version return the same bugs in GZDoom 2.2? If it so, then looks that you has broke the WoC scripts, lol.
Also would be correct if you shows comparing of the script editions, there is no telepaths, sorry.

Btw, I wondering why are you did edit WoC scripts?
If you wishes to fix WoC comapibility with newer GZDoom, than you can try to ask worldendDominator for help, since he already fixed most of errors.
What about "Script error, "wrathofcronosr2c2 - fixed.pk3:decorate/health bar.txt" line 396:" it can be fixed by blocking of "Actor HPBARWARP : Custominventory", because it's just unfinished hpbar for multiplayer.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Is there a way to adjust XP drops? I tried making it compatible with Colorful Hell and it would be best if each enemy variant there gave different amounts of EXP. Item drops in CH needed to be modified too as well, since you'd never run out of ammo and flasks with the way it is right now. So far, common and green zombie are compatible with the WoC.

It would be great to know if someone here can determine what changes the amount of XP given.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

IIUC, then WOC_MONSTERXPSCRIPT correlates only by monsters max health with recalculation, based on their level and the game difficulty skill.
So, you will be rewarded with bigger Exp bonus for more endurable monsters.
Therefore I have find is so sad, an a fact that you will get a little Exp for killing of glasscannon enemies.

Oh, just else one note. Exp bonus for kills is also depends on players quantity in game.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”