Doom Alpha Weapons mod.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Crackers0106
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Doom Alpha Weapons mod.

Post by Crackers0106 »

Hello. I have made a mod that replaces the Pistol, Shotgun, and Chaingun with their sprites from the Doom Alpha.

The Pistol is replaced with a Rife.

The Shotgun is replaced with its older sprite.

And the Chaingun is now a Machinegun

I have also recently removed all duplicated stuff from the DOOM iwad and added a new pickup sprite for the Machinegun

It is also compatible with Vanilla Doom and Chocolate Doom but you have to use -merge or it will crash.

Downloads
Spoiler:

Here are some screenshots too.
Spoiler:
Please tell me what you think of this and tell me ways it could be improved. Thanks.
Last edited by Crackers0106 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom Alpha Weapons mod.

Post by Endie »

just played the first Doom 2 map with idfa and i think this is pretty nice.

The things i noticed was.

1- The Machinegun seem to be too small on screen, when holding it.

2- Some recoil sprites goes up instead of going down when firing, a little strange but maybe my personal tastes? Idk.

But it's a nice job anyway

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”