[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Tekish

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.0.0 - October 1st, 2017

Post by Tekish »

Yeah, I saw that yesterday and it was a half-measure at the time because I was in a singular mindset about how to manipulate that thing. Ultimately, I decided to just get rid of the inventory bar, as that's how Argent works and there aren't enough items to warrant its use. The updated download is available here.
Blue Shadow

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.0.0 - October 1st, 2017

Post by Blue Shadow »

Alright. Patch added.
Blue Shadow

Re: [Release] NC HUD v2.0.1 - March 6th, 2018

Post by Blue Shadow »

A new version is out, which fixes a few bugs.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I've updated all of my patches to support this new version. Blue, I saw you updated them in the archive, but a few are based on outdated versions that I've been silently updating on my Dropbox. Most of the changes are small tweaks, but the Final Doomer patch was fixed for use with the latest version. They're listed below for whoever's interested.

Patch for Argent
Patch for Faspons
Patch for Final Doomer
Patch for Weapons of Saturn
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

The Weapons of Saturn hud uses the wrong icon for pistol ammo, and in Final Doomer the BTSX class uses all of the Doom 2 ammo icons instead of its own.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

All the Final Doomer patch does is split the ammo list to show the relevant ammo for the active class. All of the icons displayed are based on the icons specified in the mod itself. In the case of the BTSX class, it appears they've been assigned to the Doom 2 images because the BTSX variants don't exist. This would need to be changed by the mod authors.

As for Weapons of Saturn, I've forced the ammo list to show the correct ammo for the pistol. The fixed version can be downloaded from the same link in my previous post.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Hello!
Cool interface, minimalistic and feature-rich.

I have a question: why HUDs don't show separate indicators for chainsaw and shotgun/SSG? Is it just a tradition?

I don't want to be intrusive, but do you want built-in Weapon Menu in your HUD? It will be active only if player loads menu mod alongside with the NC HUD, and it will work with patches automatically, if I understand your code structure right.
Last edited by m8f on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

By request, I've created a patch for the latest Brutal Doom beta. This removes the excess ammunition from the ammo list and will distinguish between the "purist" and standard modes. I rushed through this one a bit, so I might have missed some ammo types that don't show up with cheats.

Patch for Brutal Doom 21 Beta
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Tekish wrote:Blue, I saw you updated them in the archive, but a few are based on outdated versions that I've been silently updating on my Dropbox.
In the future, could you notify me of any updates to the patches so I can add them as soon as they become available. Thanks for the updates.
m8f wrote:Cool interface, minimalistic and feature-rich.

I have a question: why HUDs don't show separate indicators for chainsaw and shotgun/SSG? Is it just a tradition?
Thanks. I don't see much merit in having a slot indicator per weapon. After all, a slot-3 weapon is still a slot-3 weapon, for instance. Besides, with weapon-heavy mods, the layout and how things look would be ruined, seeing that many slots.
I don't want to be intrusive, but do you want built-in Weapon Menu in your HUD? It will be active only if player loads menu mod alongside with the NC HUD, and it will work with patches automatically, if I understand your code structure right.
So I understand this, it would be like an add-on, i.e something to load with the HUD? If so, then feel free to create such a thing if you want to. I might not have a use for it, but others might have.
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Blue Shadow wrote:So I understand this, it would be like an add-on, i.e something to load with the HUD? If so, then feel free to create such a thing if you want to. I might not have a use for it, but others might have.
Yes, an optional addon. The thing is already created, but the problem is in proper styling. Right now my Menu works perfectly fine with NC HUD, but is printed in bland ACS HudMessages. What I suggest is to adapt code from example GZSHud patch for NC HUD, so printing will be done on ZScript side. This ZScript code just reads CVars and prints colored lines of text. The question is menu position and background images.

If you are not interested much (and it seems so), later I will try to make a patch for NC HUD to show how it can look like.
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Tekish wrote:By request, I've created a patch for the latest Brutal Doom beta. This removes the excess ammunition from the ammo list and will distinguish between the "purist" and standard modes. I rushed through this one a bit, so I might have missed some ammo types that don't show up with cheats.

Patch for Brutal Doom 21 Beta
Missing things that still need accounting for:
*Contextual Stamina meter for Tactical player class.
*"Grenade Loaded" indicator for the Machinegun. Target inventory item is "FiredMGGrenade".
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

@mf8: I'm afraid I'll pass. The menu works, as you said. It's not themed like the HUD, but it works. I don't have the desire or inclination to create graphics or integrate code just for that.
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

ShockwaveS08 wrote:Missing things that still need accounting for:
*Contextual Stamina meter for Tactical player class.
*"Grenade Loaded" indicator for the Machinegun. Target inventory item is "FiredMGGrenade".
I added a stamina bar for tactical mode, and the rocket icon for the machine gun will turn gray when it needs to be reloaded. Download link is the same as before.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Currently working on implementing a convenient way of overriding the ammo list to add whatever ammo is desired. It goes something this:

Code: Select all

override void NCHF_AmmoListOverride ()
{
    NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Shell");                // Use the Shell class's icon, whatever it may be.
    NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("RocketAmmo", "TNT1A0"); // "Empty" icon.
    NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Cell", "ICELL");        // Oops! "ICELL" isn't an icon, so indicate a missing icon.
    NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Clip", "HEADA1");       // Use a cacodemon sprite as the icon.
} 

You want the list to be dependent on the player class? That can be done:

Code: Select all

override void NCHF_AmmoListOverride ()
{
    let pmobj = CPlayer.mo;
    if (pmobj == null) return;

if (pmobj is 'TestPlayerA')
    {
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Shell");
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("RocketAmmo");
    }
    else if (pmobj is 'TestPlayerB')
    {
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Clip");
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Cell");
    }
    else
    {
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Clip");
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Shell");
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("RocketAmmo");
        NCHF_AddAmmoToOverrideList("Cell");
    }
}
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

A smart change. May I also suggest a method to override the ammo icons that appear for the currently selected weapon, since they are often missing/incorrect. Maybe have it read icon data from the override list?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”