How to acess mod menus?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
XASSASSINX

How to acess mod menus?

Post by XASSASSINX »

I think this post belong here. so not so long ago GZdoom add an option called "Change rendering output" which replaced alot of old mods menus options, Right? So is there any way to disable that menu or an "sv_acessMenu" that make me open the menu? There's some mod that i lost my config and i REALLY need to change that. Also, apparently this has been solved...? Because i can't find any solution to this.
_mental_

Re: How to acess mod menus?

Post by _mental_ »

XASSASSINX wrote:so not so long ago GZdoom add an option called "Change rendering output" which replaced alot of old mods menus options, Right?
Wrong, this is not how it works.
XASSASSINX wrote:So is there any way to disable that menu or an "sv_acessMenu" that make me open the menu?
:?:
XASSASSINX wrote:There's some mod that i lost my config and i REALLY need to change that.
:?: :?: :shrug:

Could you please be more specific? What's the version of GZDoom? And what's the mod? Just one example.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Oh well... So, the option "Change rendering output" in Gzdoom replaced old mods menus that didn't use +AddOptionMenu. IS there any way to temporalily disable that menu so i can acess the menu mod? Something like "sv_Disablerenderingmenu"?
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

The problem is you continue to speculate how GZDoom works internally instead of answering two pretty simple questions.

Once again, 'Change rendering output' item does not replace anything.
Menus are protected from complete replacement. This has nothing to do with the given option.

Special handling was added to support old mod specific menu implemented as complete replacement of MENUDEF lump.
Unknown menu, which is mod specific most likely, is placed below all internal options.

There was a bug in the recent versions of GZDoom including 3.2.5 which prevents this from functioning properly.
It's fixed in devbuilds and will be available in the next release.

I edited D64RTR MENUDEF to use replaced Options menu and here is how it looks now.
devbuild_mod_menu.png
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Oh, ok. I didn't know about that glitch. Thanks! The only problem now is that i'm without music. That always happen when i download a new version of Gzdoom.
EDIT: Fixed it. Was a problem with the music DLL.

Return to “General”