Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Someone64

Re: Hideous Destructor [Release version 3.2.5.2]

Post by Someone64 »

Or you could piss on yourself like in Postal 2.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I have a trackball, so when I'm on fire what I tend to do is look straight up and spin the ball as fast as I can. Possibly while holding sprint so my weapon isn't in the way.

Admittedly it might ought to be a little easier to put out the fire on floors that are not sand or non-nukage liquid or snakes, I will consider reconsidering the current numbers.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Honestly, I would deeply appreciate an item that could be used to put you out very quickly. A limited item of some sort. Like a fire extinguisher, or something?.....
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Or have someone else put you out at least.
BY PUNCHING.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

DavidWolfe wrote:Or have someone else put you out at least.
BY PUNCHING.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...

WITH MY HANDS!"
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Patting myself out would also be an acceptable alternative. Just some kind of on-demand ability or item to put out fires since it happens so often.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Stop-drop-spin is now 50% more effective on dry sandless ground.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

Okay, made some observations again,
  1. Seems like after the zscript update removing some of the woundcount bits (a month ago by now?) basically knocked bleeding down a massive peg, whereas in prior versions I remember bleeding out after one or two gunshot wounds, bleeding damage has become a lot less critical. This is both a pro and con, pro because it's easier to survive a gunfight when heavily outnumbered, but con because it does pull away from the use of cover and tactics against smaller groups of enemies. Also, how does internal damage work? Is this stopped by bandaging/using the first aid kit?
  2. Shotgun ammo is still too widespread and incredibly common. I suggest emptying the sidesaddles of dropped shotguns from combatants to just one or two shells for the sake of balancing and keeping the inventory of the magazine/chamber dependent on what the shotgunner had loaded. Possibly even manipulate shellboxes somehow.
    Same can be said for SMG mags. If by chance a lot of smg gunners spawn, they seem to almost always drop a full 30 round magazine.
  3. Not entirely sure about this one, but it would seem that enemy (ball)projectiles aren't sufficiently blocked by corpses. Sometimes they'll come through the body of a fallen demon while my rounds are stopped. Is this the projectile's hitbox issue, or just pure random chance?
  4. It's now impossible to drop Boss clips, SMG-, pistol or liberator magazines using hd_purge if the player possesses any weapon of that specific caliber. The only way to do so would be to drop all weapons of that caliber and drop all ammo, or drop using the backpack. Having so many types of ammo and items, perhaps an inventory system might be more convenient for the player's on hand inventory (like with the backpack. Because it is awesome.)
  5. Stop, drop and roll is very effective now, still not feasible in combat (which is a good thing), while still saving your roasted buns from becoming deep-fried in their own fat if you have a 5 second window.
  6. DERPs and HERPs don't appear to be able to aim up or down when detecting enemies. When placed on the ledge of MAP01, it/they will detect enemies but refrain from opening fire. Same can be said vice versa. This seems appropriate, but a minor pitch shift of 5 degrees might make them more feasible in rocky/uneven terrain.
  7. The *ERPs seems to have an abnormally high hitbox for some reason since last week, now trying to shoot targets over my friendly *ERPs while crouched usually ends up with a blown up *ERP. It would appear their hitboxes are 3/4 pixels upwards off (e.g. double the height of the actual object)
  8. I'll admit that I have little knowledge over caseless ammunition, but I imagine that considering we're using the same magazines as those that go into the ZM66, it should be possible to remove and reload the active magazine in the vulcanette. So far this only seems possible when the ammo counter hits 0.
    Similarly, the chaingunners are still wearing ammunition chains on their sprites, as well as that their death animation displays the chaingun still being on their body. An easy fix with some spriting tools, and I believe I may have some chainless sprites of the chaingunner available if need be.
  9. It would appear that the babuin´s corpse is infinitely gibbable with the chainsaw. This also means that their gibbed corpse will continue to catch bullets.
Regarding breach-clearing, I've been thinking, is it possible to let the HEAT fire a miniature explosive on the opposite side of a wall/door after impacting with said thin wall/door? (Considering you've already managed a semblance of penetration with bullets-) That'd give it relatively more use than just stockpiling for bossbattles.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Babuin fixed, but I'm going to leave the Vulcanette as it is. It seems to be the safest way to avoid accidentally unloading the partial current mag (which is the most likely one to be partial) and ending up with a multiplicity of dirty ammo.

Re *ERP vertical aiming: HERP is intentionally shitty. DERP is firing from a really weird low angle so it has a fairly good chance of returning "no shot" at things that would be plainly accessible to a player or monster.

........wtf is that "height 32" doing there o_O

There is only too much ammo when there are so many ammo actors it lags the map. Given my comments on the Ion Maiden thread, I'm feeling substantially inclined to err in favour of more dakka in every case that can reasonably go either way, and "balance" it by means of more liberal use of said dakka by the enemy.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Yes. The enemy will dakka forever, and so should you.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

So, after roughly over a year of not being able to launch GZDoom, I'm getting back into the swing of things and dusting off my mods. Hope you've all been doing well.

Checking my most recent version of HD (2017-01-09), I realize that even a couple week's time is enough for crazy changes to occur in HD. Based off that version date, can anyone give a rough idea of changes made? New/changed sprites and items in particular. I know the med system got changed, but that's about all I'm relatively up to date on.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Yes. The enemy will dakka forever, and so should you.
NEVR ENUFF DAKKA.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

@Abba Zabba: If you want a detailed breakdown, check the github commit history. Alternatively, the last 15 or major versions are chronicled with changelogs on the github releases page. That should give you a decent overview.

8-)
Matt

Post by Matt »

The release right after that date is 3.2.5 on January 24.

The latest is the release two after, 3.2.5.2.

Since then the biggest changes have been that *ERPs are a lot smaller and harder to hit, and the cacodemon has been scriptified to include ball lightning behaviour.

Lots of stuff got changed, but I think the biggest warning needed is that you now need to manually refill Liberator/SMG/pistol/Boss mags/clips using the +user3 button or "use magmanager" in the console. That, and the cyberdemon and spider mastermind take a fuckton more damage before going down.
DavidWolfe

Post by DavidWolfe »

PSSST........ the smg is still spawning a free 9mm round when unloading an empty smg.

I just realized 9mm brass makes the plastic shell sound by default?
Also, there's no nobleed flag put on the zm66's dropped cookoff state, making pretty blood fountains if you shoot it enough times =3

(I'd love to see making kill in console impossible unless you actively shoot yourself with your service weapon, and a long respawn delay if you do end up dying.)
(Also, on my setup, the $volume tag in sndinfo doesn't appear to be working, so brass from the 7.76 rifle sounds like a fucking thunderstorm)

EDIT
SO I JUST SURVIVED A POINT BLANK SHOTGUN SHOT FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I'M NOW ENTIRELY SURE WE SHOULD DEFINITELY RIP OUT CRIT SHOTS ON THE SHOTGUNEER.
Aside from breaking my black armour, I dropped down to 20 health and got punched back a bit.
And I think that'd make it more stressful than dying immediately.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”