The 65 prBooming 3DGEs

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RUNSABER

Re: The 65 prBooming 3DGEs

Post by RUNSABER »

@Sgt Shivers great to see your interest, as I thoroughly enjoy your creations and believe you may have fun with this project. With that being said:
ACS is not supported. RTS works much like ACS but simpler, and the only thing you will need to work with it is an editor that displays coordinates. Doom Builder is perfect for this! Ill include a map that uses RTS to demonstrate its uses and functionality. Ill upload some tonight.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Ok I'm in. I have yet to try mapping an 3dge specific wad so this will be interesting.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Here's a few screens of the BOOM map I've been working on for this project.

I really hope this project gains a bit more traction.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Oooooh those screens are nice!

Keep posting those and yes people will sign up for it. ^_^ Either that or they'll have missed out on something great.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

I have finally posted this project over at DoomWorld, so hopefully @Rachael doesn't mind that I used her post to cross-post! =)

Hopefully this will gain more traction! I'm starting my map today, but it's probably going to be a bit smaller than most (I haven't done any serious DOOM-themed mapping in years).
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I don't mind. :) Sounds good.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

Map Title: Outpost of the Damned
midi: the Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson

https://www.dropbox.com/s/epvsc6s11semgqi/V965.wad?dl=0
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thank you! This is very beautiful. :) Nice work!
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

@Voltcom9
Holy shit. It looks great and I'm tempted to do a map with that port in mind
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

^Please do! I encourage any mapper to step outside their comfort zone and create a map.

I generally map with UDMF in GZDoom but this project was a definite change from my normal mapping.
I'm working on a 2nd map which will utilize more of 3dge's advanced features. Hope I can finish it before
the deadline! :P
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

So, my map will be submitted soon - I got permission from Fanatic to redo the old EDGE map Ruins into a really badass version, just to save some time on my end, so when I get into it I'll post some shots :-)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

I'd like to contribute to this mapset, but I'm having trouble with getting some UDMF features to work, is there a discord or something I could join to talk about it and ask questions?
lil'devil

Post by lil'devil »

Well, yeah, there's some sort of discussion about it on the official ZDoom Discord server.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

Can we get a headcount of all maps and/Or mappers who have, or plan on, submitting a map for the project?

Thanks!

Also, to those I've promised...not sure I'll have the additional UDMF stuff done by the deadline, I'm so sorry :-( if it helps, EDGE is really robust in creating line and sector types :)
PepsiBepsi

Post by PepsiBepsi »

I'm about halfway done with my map. Layout and almost all of the texturing is done. Should be able to submit by tomorrow or saturday

Return to “Levels”