Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

bowserknight

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.929 grayline

Post by bowserknight »

4thcharacter wrote:I don't think Cybie and Spider Mastermind's resistance is a bug from the original vanilla Doom... I think they don't have their splash damage resistance anymore because of the other boss enemies that don't have them, for consistency's sake.
If that's true I'll have to re-think the Mastermind and Cyberdemon fights in my map cause I was still thinking Rocketlauncher is useless against those... that made 'em kinda special and people are used to it. Just feels a little strange, that's all I'm trying to say.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

I hated using the Rocket Launcher against Cyberdemons (Splash damage hurt us but not them) and was the primary reason why Plasmagun was the best weapon against them.

So if they are immune now, that means they are more easy to kill.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Soo I've finally gotten further with my map and added some little extras just for fun, it's not just a gauntlet / arena thing anymore. The changes are:

-almost every fighting path is done now, only the Cyberdemon isn't fully finished (black hasn't been done yet, red one not tested)
-added 2 rooms for the gray and fireblu enemies
-added a big room where every single monster is shown, with monitors that show the HP and name of each one
-balanced some fights

Unfortunately I didn't change any of the boss rooms yet where some people said they look boring. But to be honest, I want the focus to be on the battles and not the rooms itself. Also, I really have no cool ideas how to make them look pleasant haha.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12 ... t.wad.html
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

I guess you're quite busy at the moment but I found another bug today, this time with the Black Cyberdemon... he was just completely invisible. If I got that correctly, sometimes he teleports when being shot and I somehow managed to hurt him with a BFG blast while he was teleporting, then he just stayed invisible while still being able to act normally.

Made a short video of it (no sound).

4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

That has been present in the older versions for a long time now. I think no one reported it because it doesn't happen often and needs to happen under circumstances? Or maybe people found it cool, I don't know, I admit that I like the bug. There are times that if this happens he's not fully invisible. And when he teleports again, he goes back to normal anyway.
RickySimmons

Post by RickySimmons »

I am getting "Script error, "ColourfulHell929.pk3:decorate/thepains" line 49: "sprite angle" is an unknown actor property". Any fixes?
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

RickySimmons wrote:I am getting "Script error, "ColourfulHell929.pk3:decorate/thepains" line 49: "sprite angle" is an unknown actor property". Any fixes?
I have same problem :(
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I think it's because it uses a new feature for newer GZDoom features. The said feature is for the FireBlu Pain Elemental, making it face backwards all the time at you. I made a personal compat patch so it can be played w/ older versions but I don't know how to distribute it.

It's easy to make one if you know your way with SLADE3.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

@radiusdamage thing;
Yeah the radius damage is changed for all bosses, tho they still have resistances to fire damage
Soo I've finally gotten further with my map and added some little extras just for fun, it's not just a gauntlet / arena thing anymore. The changes are:

-almost every fighting path is done now, only the Cyberdemon isn't fully finished (black hasn't been done yet, red one not tested)
-added 2 rooms for the gray and fireblu enemies
-added a big room where every single monster is shown, with monitors that show the HP and name of each one
-balanced some fights

Unfortunately I didn't change any of the boss rooms yet where some people said they look boring. But to be honest, I want the focus to be on the battles and not the rooms itself. Also, I really have no cool ideas how to make them look pleasant haha.
Saw this before!
Amazing work on it

I've also fixed the invisible cyber bug
I am getting "Script error, "ColourfulHell929.pk3:decorate/thepains" line 49: "sprite angle" is an unknown actor property". Any fixes?
It's a problem with a feature I thought was 2.8.1 friendly being not so 2.8.1 friendly.
So either you have to manually remove that property with slade or use newer release

cause of this thing I will aim to release the next version with 2.8.1 friendly version with it as a side kick

The next versions shouldnt be too long now, a new white variant is in the testing and couple of new foes have been added, I hope to add second white variant and few more optional guys before releasing
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Hege Cactus wrote: The next versions shouldnt be too long now, a new white variant is in the testing and couple of new foes have been added, I hope to add second white variant and few more optional guys before releasing
is there a chance that anything will be added more powerful and healthful then the White Arch-vile?

cause if so then this mod might beat LCA...
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Hege Cactus wrote: The next versions shouldnt be too long now, a new white variant is in the testing and couple of new foes have been added, I hope to add second white variant and few more optional guys before releasing
is there a chance that anything will be added more powerful and healthful then the White Arch-vile?

cause if so then this mod might beat LCA...
I don't know what LCA is but I'm pretty sure the Baron, Cybies and Masterminds will be stronger than that. Maybe even the white Mancubus but I got no idea what Hege has in mind for that.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

bowserknight wrote: I don't know what LCA is but I'm pretty sure the Baron, Cybies and Masterminds will be stronger than that. Maybe even the white Mancubus but I got no idea what Hege has in mind for that.
Complex Doom with LCA Addon, it has bosses(Legendaries) of each monster type that go Russian Overkill on YOU.
whatup876

Post by whatup876 »

Speaking of LCA, are there any plans for any "gold" variants?
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Please don't turn this into a thread about Complex Doom I don't think Hege would like that. I see too much of that on youtube already.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

the talk is about over-powered enemies that can use No-clip commands....I wonder what Hege has planned next to surprise us.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”