[Gameplay] Harder Monsters!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lazor999

[Gameplay] Harder Monsters!

Post by Lazor999 »

Hello hello, Lazorical AKA Lazor999 here. :D
I've been messing around with zscript and thanks to the help of 3 people, i made a 13KB mod that has a really cool feature, IMO.

Features:
-Monster health multiplies everytime you enter a new level! It starts with *1.1 in map 1, but increments by .1 each level! So at map 30, secret levels included, you'd have monsters with health multiplied by 4.2 or 4.3. Can't remember. :P
-Finally beat map30? You'll be sent back to level 1, just to start the whole megawad again! see how far you can get!
-Some new difficulty levels that either buff some baddies, or turn everything into zombies.

I hope you have fun playing, and suggestions are always allowed(I'll take them into consideration)! I'll take them into consideration. The only thing i won't be adding is custom monsters/guns. I want this to be compatible with other mods and megawads.

Credits:
Zombie, jplebreton, and MarisaKirisame: helping me with the code gradually, without them i couldn't have done it :P

https://imgur.com/a/uqvez
https://imgur.com/a/H80Ao

V1-1 is here, adding 2 custom keybinds to toggle a menu, that displays how much maps you've completed so far!
Fixed a small thing where it said "Soul statistics", which is from another mod of mine. Whoops.
Attachments
HarderMonstersV1-1HudSkillLess.wad
Harder Monsters V1.1 with no hud or skill settings.
(10 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
HarderMonstersV1-1.wad
(12.18 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Last edited by Lazor999 on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Lazor999

Re: [Gameplay] Harder Monsters!

Post by Lazor999 »

Did a quick update adding a menu, showing how much maps you've completed. Toggle it with keybinds bound in the options!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Some screenshots would be nice
Lazor999

Post by Lazor999 »

Redead-ITA wrote:Some screenshots would be nice
On it! Will be added soon.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

does it work with Changemap command?

I mean you warp from map 01 to map 30 will the monsters have health multiplied accordingly?

(12in1 Survival Mappack will become very interesting with this)
Lazor999

Post by Lazor999 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:does it work with Changemap command?

I mean you warp from map 01 to map 30 will the monsters have health multiplied accordingly?

(12in1 Survival Mappack will become very interesting with this)
No. The reason why is that i'd have to change it for *every* map, and instead, i only made it so when you load in on whatever level, the multiplier applies AND is increased by 0.1.
If you were to warp from map1 to map30 in a NEW playthrough, the monsters would have health multiplied by 1.2, because it just, well, works that way.

Another thing is that this really only works with megawads that are 32 levels long, since i made it so whenever you reach level 30, you go back to 1. I don't know a way to detect the last map of the pack myself, so it's just gonna be like that.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Lazor999 wrote: No. The reason why is that i'd have to change it for *every* map, and instead, i only made it so when you load in on whatever level, the multiplier applies AND is increased by 0.1.
If you were to warp from map1 to map30 in a NEW playthrough, the monsters would have health multiplied by 1.2, because it just, well, works that way.

Another thing is that this really only works with megawads that are 32 levels long, since i made it so whenever you reach level 30, you go back to 1. I don't know a way to detect the last map of the pack myself, so it's just gonna be like that.
does that mean it will detect that when you have played 32 maps in total it will warp you to map 01 again with all your arsenal or just finishing map 30 will warp you back to map 01?
Lazor999

Post by Lazor999 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Lazor999 wrote: No. The reason why is that i'd have to change it for *every* map, and instead, i only made it so when you load in on whatever level, the multiplier applies AND is increased by 0.1.

does that mean it will detect that when you have played 32 maps in total it will warp you to map 01 again with all your arsenal or just finishing map 30 will warp you back to map 01?
When you finish map 30, you'll be warped back to map 1 with everything. It doesn't matter if you've played the secret levels or not. :P
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Lazor999 wrote: When you finish map 30, you'll be warped back to map 1 with everything. It doesn't matter if you've played the secret levels or not. :P
understood, trigger at map 30.
Lazor999

Post by Lazor999 »

Posted a version without skill settings or hud if you want to play this with other mods. It just adds a mapinfo lump, and an event handler. So, it should be compatible with pretty much anything you want it to be compatible with!
Tell me if something doesn't work and i'll try to fix it. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”