Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Trar

Re: Smooth Doom

Post by Trar »

Ah, okay. That does make sense. I tried your suggestion and the BFG issue is fixed; I still wish Gifty would look into prettifying it in Smooth Doom itself though.
mutator

Post by mutator »

DabbingSquidward wrote:
mutator wrote:Also when you have plasma rifle selected it doesnt show the weapon...it shows pickup sprite at the left top of screen and the weapon only appears when you are firing it, but after firing is done it disappears again
Sounds like the de-/select and ready states were given the pickup sprite PLASA instead of the idle sprite PLSGA.
I use the mod with sunlust and it appears to be like that only with certain megawads which is weird...
DOOMGABR [RU]

Post by DOOMGABR [RU] »

Brohnesorge wrote:<...> Something like that.
Thanks!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Found an issue when using Doom 64 BFG. If you hold fire to let it autofire the subsequent shots after the first will show the Vanilla BFG skin instead.
Also, when using Doom 64 style pickups the big cell packs are Doom 64 BFGs. This is only visual, though.
Trar

Post by Trar »

Someone64 wrote:Found an issue when using Doom 64 BFG. If you hold fire to let it autofire the subsequent shots after the first will show the Vanilla BFG skin instead.
Also, when using Doom 64 style pickups the big cell packs are Doom 64 BFGs. This is only visual, though.
I can confirm the D64 BFG issue, but for me, big cell packs look like D64 plasma rifles. Weird.
jets

Post by jets »

Hi,

What is certain is that I do not see the extra animations with gz 3.2.5 (smooth January 13) , while everything is perfect with the previous version (smooth october 2017). :shrug:
EmperorGrieferus

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Gifty wrote:Today's exercise in unfucking myself includes:

-fixed SSG64 sound
-fixed rocket launcher sprite issue
-fixed missing bob states for 64 plasma rifle

Will continue to add fixes as they're reported/as I find them.
Hey man. Why I don't have explode animation of arachotron when I'm killing it by SSG? And i found a bug, when enemies without red blood has red blood in explode animation.
khades

Post by khades »

Really like that mod.

Is it possible to add features from this mod? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38235

It really increase responsiveness of the game.
DOOMGABR [RU]

Post by DOOMGABR [RU] »

What about quality elevator/door/crusher etc sounds from Beautiful Doom or Brutal Doom?
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

I know the black glove work that's pending is a conflict for fast weapon switching, but I don't know if Gifty intends to merge it in afterwards or at all. If not, I'm happy to push one more update once the black glove update is ready!
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

would i be able to use some of your dead marine sprites for my map pack?

full credits given of course.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

They're all from community sprite resources, so if you can track down the right names for crediting, go ahead! I'm pretty sure most of them are OSJlatchford.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Gifty wrote:They're all from community sprite resources, so if you can track down the right names for crediting, go ahead! I'm pretty sure most of them are OSJlatchford.
i appreciate it man, thanks.

also not sure if you saw the message i sent you with the updated scripts to avoid conflict with packs and stuff. all the ACS and everything is updated with higher script numbers so there arent any issues.
EmperorGrieferus

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Gifty wrote:They're all from community sprite resources, so if you can track down the right names for crediting, go ahead! I'm pretty sure most of them are OSJlatchford.
Can you give me version of Smooth Doom in which Spectre wasn't gibbed by SSG?
lwks

Post by lwks »

So, regarding the Classic and 64 sprites, you can't change weapon sprites individualy but rather you have to use a whole set or the other? On previous versions of the mod it wasn't like that, you could select weapon sprites individualy, why the change? Will it come back? Cause I like some Doom 64 sprites but dislike others.

Edit:
It took only two Rockets into a bunch of Imps to convince my PC to cosplay a potato, and my PC can run Doom 2016 on High Settings. Do you guys have a fix yet? Please tell me we won't have to wait months for this fix.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”