Factotum [16/10/19] Survival

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (WIP updated 04/03/18)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YukesVonFaust wrote:when are we going to get a slot 7 weapon? (an M72 LAW? An MGL-Mk1 grenade launcher? or the FIM-92 Stinger?)
Thanks buddy. I am not thinking too much on new weapons. Maybe the only thing i am planning to add is a grenade launcher, to compensate the lack of a proper Rocket Launcher ;) Why? Well, pretty much anything i can add is redundant. The Shotgun is already strong to have a SSG, the Plasma Cannon already compensates the lack of a BFG, and so on... but a Grenade Launcher can be used to give grenades the properties that usual grenades don't have.
m8f wrote: Some questions:
- does the durability depend on difficulty? It would be great if it did. I'd like weapons to break more often :D
- when you use all the medikits, it continues to show up in HUD. I got confused why I could not heal in the heat of the battle.
- plants in pots instead of stimpacks are not very intuitive, but rather fresh choice of healing item representation (I suppose they are like herbs from Fallout?)

As a side note, is it a coincidence that Factotum, Kriegsland, and Flakes Doom have the same player class name?
Thanks for playing!

1 - No, everything is ruled by Player inventory items and inventory checks. That's why you can't drop a weapon or switch to another and regain durability.
2 - My bad, i just couldn't find out yet how to display the "Selected Inventory" counter. But it's a priority to fix.
3 - They're from Demo versions of Resident Evil. I got inspired by High Noon Drifter (and it'll be evident on a upcoming mod too) to mix different types of healing items.
4 - Not a coincidence, just laziness =p
Lime wrote:This update improves the realism of weapon mechanics. Thanks For Making this mod. Keeping an eye if there are new updates.
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it even more.
chronoteeth wrote:the calico is nice, but yeah I do agree, its really, really weird seeing it reload improperly
I know, sorry. I wanted to do a SUAB-ish reload for it, but i just couldn't find good model rip sources that would help me. But as i said, let's just pretend it for now. =p
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

the only weapons necessary are a revolver and a rocket launcher, either a m202 or a law.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I also've thought about a machete; bigger damage and range than the fist, very low durability. Would it be good?

The hardest part would be re-working the entire HUD again D:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very low durability... I guess a machete the player using is way too rusty or made in shoddy factory. Hmm?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

or it's just a walmart machete.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Or, even, the monsters have a hardened skin.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

"thick skinned monsters"
please, don't make me ask for a manny pardo monster mod.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

So...

I've made a machete. Animation is good, sprites are OK, sounds are nice. However, when i just finished a fuckload of code regarding the durability, i realized: The player will lose durability even if he hits the air! It wouldn't make sense, so, i don't know what to do.

If i can get to solve it, great, it'll be on next update. If i can't solve it, i think i'll replace the fist with it, or follow another idea i've discussed with BRS some days ago.

Can anybody suggest something to solve this problem? Anyway to detect if the player just hit something, so he can subtract the inventory items regarding durability? (i can post the code here.)

Oh yeah, i've made a lot of new nice sprites, too. But that's for next update.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Hm... could have invisible additional attacks going out with the swing that deal no damage and puff on everything, and those puffs manually take the durability away from you. If you hit air, you lose nothing.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

The new update feels nice, I really like the new sprites! Feels like we could use a precision weapon though, like a bolt action or sniper rifle or something.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

And you'll like even more the next update! it's not ready yet, i want to test one thing or two, but i managed to rip some Dino Crisis 1/2 Sprites and some others as well.
Since i've lost track of the changelog, i can already tell that there'll be new weapons too!

hope you guys like them, i will post this ASAP.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Factotum (WIP updated 09/03/18)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

As promised, the update was released!

i've lost the changelog, but here's what you can expect:

*2 new weapons: Machete and M79!
*Many new and nice sprites for ammo items, health items, powerups, armors that are way better than before.
*Weapons now use their real-life names
*Press the "Zoom" key to toggle between altfires!
*The machinegun had it's firing speed raised and it doesn't jam so easily; now it works better as a stunlocker.
*The HUD was a bit edited to confort the new changes, as well as having a counter for grenades in the corner (i still need a hand with the "Selected item" counter)!

That's what i can remember now, but i know there are plenty of changes yet to list.

Things i wanted to do in this released but couldn't control myself and skipped (and i want to do it in the future):

- Heretic Support
- Weapon upgrades
- The Calico reload animation
- New powerups regarding the berserk and the Blursphere.

Have fun guys. Please leave me your feedback.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

lmao remove the messenger sound it sounds exactly like facebook or telegram messages
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Suggestion: give feedback for the plasmagun's after firing cooldown by making it expell steam with a FSSSHHT sound effect after firing that lasts as long as it takes before the cooldown is finished.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Player doesn't seem to start with FKFist, so slot 1 is empty.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”