Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SamVision

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE (update 2018)

Post by SamVision »

sherberttcat wrote:
CeeJay wrote:Whew! Updated once again. Fixed a lot of slopy typos, errors and whatnot along with numerous changes and additions. All while also working on two seperate addon patches to go along with the base mod. These change things around to more accurately simulate the Atari Jaguar port and the Apple Macintosh port of Wolfenstein 3D, repectively.
...I love you
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE (update 2018)

Post by CeeJay »

sherberttcat wrote:...I love you
:oops:

Seriously, though, I've noticed that the damage from players hitscan attacks feels off. It should be accurate according to the source (0-16 for knife and 0-21 for the rest), but in-game it doesn't seem right. In Wolfenstein 3D, it takes one-two shots to kill them. Here, always atleast two shots. Of course, Wolf3D has a very different damage system which is near-impossible to simulate in Doom-based ports.
SamVision

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE (Mac & Jag patches)

Post by SamVision »

Is the Mac patch supposed to have a huge black bar running on top of the screen during gameplay?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Could you provide a screenshot?
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Spoiler:
Dunno why it "PAUSED".
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

1. Have you tried changing the aspect ratio (monitor size)?

2. Does this only happen specifically with the Macintosh patch?
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

This happens exclusively with the Machintosh patch. As for the aspect ratio, I'll try it when I get home.

UPDATE: Any resolution besides 16:9 (my system default) gives me a black screen except for the status bar.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Well, my conclusion is that it is related to the status bar, hence why it only affects the Mac patch, and that it is most likley an aspect ratio issue. You wouldn't have a widescreen btw? I've gone through the code for the HUD to make sure there were no typos or errors that might cause such an issue but everything apears to check out. In short, it is an issue with the engine itself and I doubt there is anything I can do to fix it or get around it. Sorry.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Be sure to re-download as the mod, along with its two patches, have been updated.

Also, I am currently working on support for Laz Rojas' Original and Nocturnal Missions. These remain faithful but add variable lighting, textured floors and ceilings, lifts and stairs (not a fan of the addition of the latter two) not to mention environmental effects (rain, lightning, outdoor views, etc.).

EDIT:
Spoiler:
sherberttcat

Post by sherberttcat »

A glitch in the Jag patch has the Ubermutant way too huge. He clips through the walls and ceiling.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

That's odd, it looks fine on my end. Are you running any other files than WOLF3DGE.EPK and WOLF3DGE_JAG.EPK ?
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Wolfenstein 3DGE (WolfenDOOM support)

Post by CeeJay »

Ok, base mod updated along with the Mac and Jag patches

PLUS

Added Laz' Original, Nocturnal and Spear of Destiny WolfenDOOM levels, made to work for the mod. With plenty of touchups and fixes to boot.

And I've included handy .BAT files to make things easier seeing as some good folk(s) over at moddb can't figure how to get a program running, which led to a minor temper tantrum.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

New version coming soon...

E1F1
Spoiler:
E5F2
Spoiler:
Featuring, among other things, Wolf3D-esque sliding doors
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That chaingun firing sound is fantastic. I guess you're remaking the original Wolf3D sounds as well?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

No, I don't really have any sound editing expertise to speak of. I got the sound from either WolfRAM or Re-Wolfenstein 3D, been so long I can't remeber which. This mod has been in development for over ten years, I still got some of the early videos from '09/10 on my channel. All sounds effects will remain as is, from official Wolf3D sources (or based on/same source).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”