Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting on GZDOOM Zandronum

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheSpartan94
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting on GZDOOM Zandronum

Post by TheSpartan94 »

Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting

This is the official release of the project that I mentioned before with another account and that now i'm really glad to announce.

Yes, what is this mod about?

The mod includes the player classes, part of the second chapter of the Raven Games' saga: Hexen 2. Playerclasses means: movements, attacks, resources needed, and also weapons.
What is peculiar of the project is that it uses actual 3d models animated in MODELDEF.

The project is meant as a resource pk3. Anyone who wants to map and use this classes can freely do it, provided that he gives the right credits to the author.

This is demonstration of the capabilities of the classic Doom ports, that I think I used to most of my knowledge.
Furthermore, this shows that a full porting of the game is indeed possible nowadays (huge amount of work, I know), that is highlighted by a little easter egg I put on the map. (will you be able to find it? 8-) )

Feel free to support, criticize, ask or even actively collaborate with me for new developments!

The releases for downloading are available below in the spoilers in two formats: the beta test release and the resource release, as i already mentioned.
Spoiler: Releases
Here you have some screenshots:
https://preview.ibb.co/ejtc3H/Screenshot_2.png
Spoiler: Screenshots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HURRO6pBFuo

Some tips about the project:
Spoiler: Tips
Last edited by TheSpartan94 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
edypagaza
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting on GZDOOM Zandronum

Post by edypagaza »

woa nice job
id like to learn how to animate 3d models as weapons

im a 3d modeler but idk how to import it to doom
maybe i can help you with something if you help to find some resources
thx
TheSpartan94

Post by TheSpartan94 »

I can explain it to you. I'll send you a private message. You 3d modelers are very precious to us.
TheSpartan94

Post by TheSpartan94 »

Links have been updated. (Sorry for double posting).
Kagur

Post by Kagur »

Hey there. This looks really nice. Any chance you were going to add stuff from Heretic 2? Because I have done extensive work on porting Corvus and the other enemies from that game, but alone by myself, this is a colossally massive and difficult task.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sounds interesting. Or maybe in the future? We could get our selves some Raven-accurate Hexen 2 sprites for this project!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”