Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AgentSpooks

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by AgentSpooks »

Not sure if there's still any development but in version 2.0c2, using the respec scroll on cleric gave me warrior skills and paths. Not sure why this happened, as the paths and skills look the same as the cleric's.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

I have make a test by the different ways and didn't find anything similar.
Are you can to describe how exactly it happens? I mean is there a some specific installation or gameplay conditions in your case, a some other mod additionally installed maybe or a using console commands?
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Please help. In vanilla Hexen, there's a bug that blocks access to the boss of hub 4 if you don't leave exactly 3 serpents alive. And in WoC, there's a big crowd of serpents instead of vanilla 4, so I don't know what I should do.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

That's a big problem, since the condition a more tricky actually. Script checks if there are exactly three Green Chaos Serpents (ACS - T_DEMON) and as you noticed the mod randomizer often replaces GCS on BrownCS (ACS - T_DEMON2), so seems there no simple way to solve it aside from ACS editing, where vanilla script should be edited
Spoiler:
For now - only praying to RNG and noclip\casper.
worldendDominator

Oh.
When I tried to leave the last three alive, there was a red one mixed in. I'll try again and see if it works.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by irontusk341 »

since Thetis is AWOL, i had expanded on his pk3. He still retains credit for all his work, the only thing i done was i made a new pk3 for adding new monster sprites for heretic (my diablo 3d project). This pk3 will house all my monster sprite wads, and i added WOC's RPG element to them by adding the ACS script for health and EXP for each custom monster sprite i added for the Spawn and Death Decorate scripts.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

The only problem i have is i still cant make Thetis's Wrath of Cronos 2c2 compatible with the newest version of Gzdoom. theres still hundreds of errors while parsing decorate scripts from his pk3 alone.
worldendDominator

irontusk341 wrote:The only problem i have is i still cant make Thetis's Wrath of Cronos 2c2 compatible with the newest version of Gzdoom. theres still hundreds of errors while parsing decorate scripts from his pk3 alone.
I've already tried that and brought it down to just one error, but that last one seems to be some deep engine thing.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

You can't access uservars in CustomInventory's Use or Pickup states or weapons in DECORATE. DECORATE can't differentiate between uservars in the inventory item and the player, so you can only do this in ZScript.
Before it didn't error out, but this can cause serious bugs.
worldendDominator

I don't think that actor is used anywhere, anyway. I wonder if I can just comment it out.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

worldendDominator wrote:I don't think that actor is used anywhere, anyway.
Looks you are right; when I slash-blocked this code fragment, the newer GZDoom versions takes it without errors and warnings. And I haven't noticed any changes after nor in Hexen_WoC, nor in Doom(w\with bestiary)\Heretic_WoC.
Is it just lonely code pattern for a some unimplemented feature maybe?
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:
worldendDominator wrote:I don't think that actor is used anywhere, anyway.
Looks you are right; when I slash-blocked this code fragment, the newer GZDoom versions takes it without errors and warnings. And I haven't noticed any changes after nor in Hexen_WoC, nor in Doom(w\with bestiary)\Heretic_WoC.
Is it just lonely code pattern for a some unimplemented feature maybe?
Found an odd bug in the wrath of cronos itself where if you respawn in the map, instead of respawning as your chosen class (lets say hunter) it respawns you as a warrior.. Everytime. any work around? besides disabling Respawn in MAPINFO?
AgentSpooks

Post by AgentSpooks »

That might be similar to my respec issue.
Sorry for the super super late response btw.
In short, i found a shopkeeper on heretic's e3m1 and decided to respec so i can play as a ranged cleric instead of a melee one(because i went with STR/CON and i was lacking damage). I had enough money to buy one respec scroll, and upon re-speccing every skill looked as if it were from cleric, but they were all Warrior skills(i managed to find trample randomly).
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

I also found a bug in Wrath of Cronos, if the map allows respawn, and you are say a mage, it actually has a 20% chance to respawn you as a mage with Warrior Skills.
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

Can't download, because the links are disable on me. And i need to play your mod, please help.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”