High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .500

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: High Noon Drifter v1.2 - Between God, the Devil, and a .

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

stone to my garden
No need to take it wrong. It's because many other guys already suggested/requested this.

My vision of Corzo is just of an interdimensional traveller which goes up different dimensions or timelines and gather what pleases him best, being it a WWII machinegun or a hand grenade instead of the old dynamites.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

GAA1992 wrote:My vision of Corzo is just of an interdimensional traveller which goes up different dimensions or timelines and gather what pleases him best, being it a WWII machinegun or a hand grenade instead of the old dynamites.
Well, maybe. But this is not suitable for my perception of the concept of gameplay. In the world of heretic for example, there are no modern grenades, it is nowhere to pick up. Besides that not necessarily to change the mod. It is enough to make a mutator or patch. :)
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

See though, it's not a Wild West mod, it's more like a Weird West mod. It's not just the grenades, it's got a whole bunch of anachronisms like caltrops, and grease guns (which are actually newer than the grenades), tiki totems, and a radio that summons freaking ghost guns.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Gollgagh wrote:See though, it's not a Wild West mod, it's more like a Weird West mod. It's not just the grenades, it's got a whole bunch of anachronisms like caltrops, and grease guns (which are actually newer than the grenades), tiki totems, and a radio that summons freaking ghost guns.
Some of these things can be safely attributed to the category of magic. For example, we can assume that bullet is just magical charges. And no matter what world the weapons come from. Although Grease Gun is look more like a steampunk device. The radio can be turned off. I'm not saying that you need to make the Western weapon pack. As i say, grenades can be replaced by magic balls. It's not dynamite at all. I believe that only the grenades don't fit into this set because looks too modern. Please read carefully what I write.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

some suspension of disbelief might go a long way for you, not everything needs to fit perfectly and make perfect sense. the whole theme of the character is they he's an interloper wandering between different realities and shit. so it kinda fits that his arsenal is made up of things from different eras and places that don't fit the setting you play in. he's already got exploding burning death magic anyways

though the grenades do stand out a lot because of the world sprites. kinda clashes with the rest of the artwork
vova123

Post by vova123 »

TerminusEst13
Thank You for this awesome mod! It is definitely my favorite gameplay mod!

I`m a complete noob in all this "modding" stuff and i don`t know, how things are done here, so i apologize in advance, if i will ask something stupid.
I made some modifications for myself, like quick grenade throw function with "zoom" button, added couple weapons from other mod,
made some changes with ammunition/weapons reload...
It`s working quite well for me, but i`m realy not sure, if i should post this "modification"...

P.S.
Sorry for my bad "English".
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Please go right ahead and post whatever mods or mutators or edited builds you've come up with.
All I ask is that you name it something different ("High Noon Drifter: Vova123 Edition", as an extremely simple example) so that people don't confuse your changes with mine, and that you have your credits in order.

I've been perfectly fine with people tweaking things for their own personal builds and passing them around; I'd be very interested in seeing what sort of changes or edits you think are good.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Please go right ahead and post whatever mods or mutators or edited builds you've come up with.
All I ask is that you name it something different ("High Noon Drifter: Vova123 Edition", as an extremely simple example) so that people don't confuse your changes with mine, and that you have your credits in order.

I've been perfectly fine with people tweaking things for their own personal builds and passing them around; I'd be very interested in seeing what sort of changes or edits you think are good.
TerminusEst13
Thanks for Your reply.

I`m sorry to bother You even more, but i really don`t know how to do this: should i create new topic or can i just post it right here?
I don`t really care about getting "credits" or something; i just made some tweaks/additions for myself and i thought, maybe someone else can find it useful too;
can`t say that it`s definitely "good", but it can do a gameplay difficulty slightly/a lot easier (depending on the mappack its loaded with).
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

When I heard that this was compatible with Harmony, I decided to try it for myself, and I noticed the pig things that replace zombiemen still drop bullets. Is this intentional?
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

SiFi270 wrote:When I heard that this was compatible with Harmony, I decided to try it for myself, and I noticed the pig things that replace zombiemen still drop bullets. Is this intentional?
Not really intentional, but something that can't really be helped. It's unfortunately a problem with Dehacked and Decorate bouncing off each other, but thankfully pigs dropping clips is the worst the bouncing gets. Everything else seems to work without any major issues in my whole two test runs.
vova123 wrote:I`m sorry to bother You even more, but i really don`t know how to do this: should i create new topic or can i just post it right here?
Either or, I'm easy like Sunday morning.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

If I may make a some suggestions for extra options I'd like to see:
-To have the Double Whips spawn before/alongside boomerangs from Chainsaws/Gauntlets in Doom/Heretic. The way it is now, obtaining Double Whips in Doom requires you to obtain nine boomerangs, then enter a Chainsaw containing level. Since not all Doom levels contain a Chainsaw, and those that do usually only have one, you can have completed most of a megawad before you get the whips - if you're playing a nine level episode in Heretic or a megawad that reverts you to a pistol start halfway through, it's all but impossible.
-To allow/disallow M-12 Graza dual wielding.
-To make it so that, when you throw a boomerang at your tossed hat, it picks the hat up and returns it to you instead of punting it away again.
-To spawn inventory items specific to one Iwad in the others; eg Express Tickets in Doom/Heretic, or Masks Of Shadows in Hexen.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I have a question, can someone tell me what standard items / weapons are replaced by a second whip and boomerang in heretic and hexen?
NathanVPer

Post by NathanVPer »

Hey, eh, i have an error while opening the game in ZDoom, it says No Player Classes Defined, can u fix it felix?
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Update your gzdoom, 3.3.0 was just released today so go grab that.
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Tesculpture wrote:-To have the Double Whips spawn before/alongside boomerangs from Chainsaws/Gauntlets in Doom/Heretic. The way it is now, obtaining Double Whips in Doom requires you to obtain nine boomerangs, then enter a Chainsaw containing level. Since not all Doom levels contain a Chainsaw, and those that do usually only have one, you can have completed most of a megawad before you get the whips - if you're playing a nine level episode in Heretic or a megawad that reverts you to a pistol start halfway through, it's all but impossible.
I'm not sure how long it'll be before Term revisits this mod, but for those impatient, you can go into zactors/weapons/wep1-boomerang.zsc and change lines 47-53 from this

Code: Select all

if (CountInv("DoubleWhips",AAPTR_PLAYER1) == 1 && CountInv("IsNetplay",AAPTR_PLAYER1) == 0 && GetCvar("el_pistolstart") == 0)
                {
                    if (CountInv("BasicArmor",AAPTR_PLAYER1) < 150) { return ResolveState("ArmorSpawn"); }
                    else { return ResolveState("ArmorSpawn2"); }
                }
            if (CountInv("BoomerangTotal",AAPTR_PLAYER1) == 9 && CountInv("IsNetplay",AAPTR_PLAYER1) == 0 && GetCvar("el_pistolstart") == 0)
                { return ResolveState("WhipSpawn"); }
to this

Code: Select all

if (CountInv("DoubleWhips",AAPTR_PLAYER1) < 1 && CountInv("IsNetplay",AAPTR_PLAYER1) == 0 && GetCvar("el_pistolstart") == 0 && Random(0,1))
                { return ResolveState("WhipSpawn"); }
            if (CountInv("BoomerangTotal",AAPTR_PLAYER1) == 9 && CountInv("IsNetplay",AAPTR_PLAYER1) == 0 && GetCvar("el_pistolstart") == 0)
                {
                    if (CountInv("BasicArmor",AAPTR_PLAYER1) < 150) { return ResolveState("ArmorSpawn"); }
                    else { return ResolveState("ArmorSpawn2"); }
                }
And that will give you a chance at getting whips before getting a full set of boomerangs (or additionally get rid of Random(0,1) to get whips before boomerangs every time).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”