IronTusks - Diablo3D V1.2.25 + Patch (Links UPDATED)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
irontusk341
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D Beta Released

Post by irontusk341 »

I removed it, since dropbox recently put a restriction on downloads. As for the Sprite Aspect Ratio issue, i cant fix that because i would need Thetis's help for that. unless someone else wants to contribute to the project. that part is beyond me.

I understand it was a rushed beta, you can run the game without hi res textures. Its not totally dependent on the game.. But it is an option. and to remove the feature, just delete the file, or remove the text for the hires pack in the Bat File.

New Site for hosting mod download
https://nofile.io/f/91YBYJ0ApXs/Diablo_BetaV0.2.rar
Void Weaver

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D

Post by Void Weaver »

425.57 MB... :((
Why don't you just upload ONLY modified files?
Forex, write in the OP the recommended order of loading and just publish then the changed files.

EDIT:
I would be grateful if someone who uses a 32-bit system will test the performance of Diablo 3D on it. I would like to know that there is some difference (slowdowns\lags) or not.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Void Weaver wrote:425.57 MB... :((
Forex, write in the OP the recommended order of loading and just publish then the changed files.
And having it split into separate archives (one for the mod, one for the high res textures and one for the soundtrack) would greatly reduce the download size when there are updates to the mod only.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Korell wrote:
Void Weaver wrote:425.57 MB... :((
And having it split into separate archives (one for the mod, one for the high res textures and one for the soundtrack) would greatly reduce the download size when there are updates to the mod only.
duly noted.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Making HD Textures for Tal Rasha's Tomb.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

2irontusk341:
Strongly reminds the Powerslave style. )

Btw, just now did finished DsD 0.2 by Cleric, but unfortunately without diablo_beta.pk3, therefore I never saw any bosses during playthrough.

Final stats and skills:
Spoiler:
Well, that's was a hard run. )
Probably for difficulty balancing needs a more playthrough reports from Hunters or other builds, but in my case beginning (2-3 map) was very hard and mana\health was barely enough for big trap packs and nitrogolems, after 5th weapon obtaining, the game becomes a bit easier.
On the 4th map places with paired room-trap filled Undead Knights was a very hard place, I have died about 2-3 times for pair.
Also there is a some texture glitch:
Spoiler:
But on the 5th map "Leoric" (I guess) room was a pawncake because I just stand in a corner near the front door and does crush with Morning Star are all knights one by one.
Caves was not difficult but I had meet the first trader only in the secret level, there I have taken my 4th and upped Wraiths up to 3 ghosts, after that game turns in easy walk.
E1M8 I finished with 13 Kraters and 13 IoDs, but I guess that I would had a bit less artifacts at the end if I would had fight with all bosses. Also the final switch in the central room didn't work and therefore the level don't finishes; dunno is it happens because I didn't kill a some boss or due unfinished next episode.

In general, I think that beginning should be a bit boosted while the late levels (after E1M9 at least ;)) a more or less nerfed. Also I think that a more secrets need be placed there.

Btw, E1M8 is very bright for Hell dungeon; IMHO that place should be a MUCH darker.

Well, that's a fcuking atmospherical and amising dungeon, keep going!
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Im working on a new beta patch which will include episode 2 (diablo 2 act 1) and the necessary bugfixes and lighting changes for episode 1 (Diablo 1) once its finished i will upload it to io share. So far here is a look at the Cairn Stones.https://www.facebook.com/nxxexxjxxm/vid ... 052297374/
irontusk341

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D BETA V0.5 RELEASED

Post by irontusk341 »

My Diablo 3D Beta V0.5 is up for downloading and Testing. Feel free to report any bugs or issues you find.
NOTE: Only works with GzDoom 2.2 or Earlier (Does not support newer versions)

https://nofile.io/f/oGbFzHZP7U1/Diablo_BetaV0.5.rar

░▒▓ Here is the changelog for V0.5 ▓▒░

Diablo 3D V0.5 Changelog

-CHANGES SINCE V0.2-
1. Map 3,4,5,8,9 of episode 1 has texture bugs fixed, also switches on those maps now work like they're supposed to
2. Episode 2 is completed
3. New sprites added to new episodes, sky textures changed.
4. Obituaries from some custom monsters have been changed.
5. Balancing issues Fixed.
6. Added HD Textures to the High Quality Texture Pack
7. lighting is now darker to fit the theme.
8. The butchers Damage & Health has been increased
9. The Skeleton King's damage has been increased
10. The Sprite "Thor" has been renamed to Lazurus to fit story.
11. Text errors in end Intermissions have been fixed.
12. Artifact spawns have been reduced greatly
13. increased Monster Spawns
14. Jumping and falling damage is enabled by default on each map.
15. Lighting issues fixed on E1M8.
16. Final Switch in boss room on E1M8, now lowers floor at the corners revealing exit.
17. Tristram / and Stony Field vertical Teleport is now animated.
18. custom monster sprites now give experience and show health using the WOC hud.
19. Help Menu changed and corrected.
20. Heretic Hi Res Texture pack is now essential for the mod. If you prefer classic Textures and dont use this pack, The classic textures may ruin the theme of the game. Fair warning.

-------------

-NEW SPRITES-
1. The Countess was added, and she quakes the ground when dead.
2. The goatmen in episode 1 has been nerfed a bit and redone to fit a weak satyr in episode 1, and not confuse the other satyr sprites
3. Moonclan was added and is like the goatmen but has a red tint, and they are powerful, they are introduced in episode 2.
4. Andariel added, and works now!! Even the death of Andariel simulates the actual death of Andariel in blizzards Diablo 2.
5. added more tree textures for variety, because... Science.
6. Butcher now is a proper red colored sprite and larger to fit the story.
7. added banner sprites for immersion
8. Episode 1's Diablo's sprite was replaced with a very large and menacing (but Familiar) retextured Baron sprite and he spits fire with lingering fire damage!!
9. Some very rare weapons that if found or very rarely dropped by bosses can deal massive damage to foes and bosses. Be warned, these rare but powerful horadric weapons dont last forever.

-------------

-KNOWN ISSUES-

1. In certain Aspect Ratio's. The character's attack is cut off on side screen.
2. The game only runs on GZdoom 2.2 or earlier versions, Newer GZDOOM versions are NOT supported.
3. Episodes 3-6 are incomplete and still under construction.

-------------

-README-
1. In order for the game to work, Diablo.pk3, and Dsoundtrack, must be loaded with the Diablo.wad
2. Before loading the Batch File. Make sure you have GZdoom 2.2 downloaded onto your computer, 32 or 64 bit depending on your operating system.

-------------

-THE FUN PART-
1. Extract the Rar or Zip file into your Gzdoom 2.2 folder,
2. if you have the earlier version of the diablo beta, make sure you replace it with this version.
3. click on "Irontusks Diablo 3D.Bat" File to play,
4. after loading the game go to options set your Gzdoom video aspect ratio to 4:3 or else the player sprites (especially the hunter) will look half cut off from the screen. unless you are using 3rd person mode (follow cam)
5. if the game is too dark in terms of lighting you can change this in the Display Options.

-----------

Planned additions to the game....
1. Make a sprite for undead Griswald
2. Make a sprite for the Hephisto the blacksmith Demon
3. make a sprite for corrupted rogues
4. add more rare weapons and rare artifacts in later episodes to encourge replay-ability.
5. Adding fog to Episode 4 for (Kurast)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

It's hard for me to say this, but your mod are still incredibly laggy for me; has dropped, unless you allow to separate Brutal effects aside from main core of your mod.
But I'll still keep an eye on your work.

Btw the new help screen and Dungeon Keeper skeletons looks are very cool.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

it might be possible to separate them into a separate pk3... because i have it in with the Diablo_beta.pk3 file. ill try it and do some testing to see if it can work separately.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

That's would be cool. )) I hope you are manage to did it without glitches.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

Void Weaver wrote:That's would be cool. )) I hope you are manage to did it without glitches.
Yes they are now separated into separate pk3's so loading the brutal part will be optional..

Theres more good news, I managed to merge and convert most of the Diablo 2 Sprites from AHeretic's diablo 2 conversion mod and tested them, and they work.. However there are some bugs that need worked on from the conversion process, Also since these are hexen based sprites and using scripts based on hexen and im using the Heretic engine, I will have to change what gets dropped from the sprites death. there are other changes planned as well.. but overall its good news. (Baby steps) :)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

That's a good news.

Well I have a some suggestions and thoughts, but for beginning I have a two notes.
Those who follows for WoC thread might are already knows that worldendDominator is also does a some promising work over WoC. So maybe you both should try to co-contribute your work?
A second one is an assumption what an some of suggested features might be suddenly implemented by Thetis in the new WoC issues.
irontusk341 wrote:I managed to merge and convert most of the Diablo 2 Sprites from AHeretic's diablo 2 conversion mod and tested them, and they work
I really glad to hear it, but since I do a bit similar work, so you can take a some original Di sprites if you want. Also If you needed a some specificly sprites then I can try to transferr them in a first order.

Just a few words about mapping.
1. I really like your "shooting between corners" concept, but your "trees" are looks too "minecrafty"; maybe you should try to look for better obstacles\sprites.
2. Often mobpacks has been placed backward to the player's sight - it's too casual, even if you do tried to bring a bit part of stealth gameplay. Now they are looks just as training dummies.
3. As you know, in WoC the reagents can be obtained by 2 ways: as drop and as spawning result of hitting a some types of floor textures. And since you had replaced are lot of textures and drop was changed also, there are some reagents (and therefore flasks) are near impossible to obtain - almost all types with except of Tan.
Usually in WoC default types of reagents spawn textures was are lava, ice(water) and swampy water for Red, Blue and Green accordingly. I think that you should fix it, but I dunno what's will be better\easier - to set reagents for drop or set reagens as spawn to textures.
4. As I said early, it would be good if you had add a more secrets and\or map forks for make maps less strict and linear.

I think that for Diablo 3D mod the good randomized bestiary are essential for good gameplay, aside from good maps.

1. I think that the good and simple way for that is an implementation of resistance\damage types system. AFAIK, it might be done with help of DamageType and DamageFactor (<1<) parameters, but you probably already know it.

In a fact in the WoC has defined a few custom DamageType already:
Spoiler: lot of stuff
That's all what I could discover.
So I believe what if did set to a some mob DamageFactor "Fire" 0.0 now, then its becomes invulnerable for Bloodscourge forex. Image

2. Since you tried to use a some work from D2Conv mod, then would be especially cool if it possible to implement a system of random resistances for bosses at least, and even better if you add a randomizer for the special abilities (such as Di2 L\F\IEnch, MultyShot, ExtraStrong\Fast, Cursed, SS and so on) too. The lightning enchanted Rakanishu is looks a very cool imho.
3. The mob grades would be fine too. The very good examples forex are Colourful Hell, or Yholl's LegenDoom. Actually WoC core have a good base too, but it should be more expanded for Here\Hex games I think.
4. And a some custom sprites haven't looks good for me. Huge Baron of Hell isn't fits for Diablo role himself. :/ As like as a current sprites of Butcher or Leoric (I hope those are just temporary "templates").

And finaly a some balancing toughts.
1. It would be cool if you can to make that at least one artifact on the each map could spawned as the Shopkeeper with (50-100)% chance.
2. I think that you should play on the 5th difficulty by Warrior at least once (in case if you didn't played yet). Becuase on the 5th diff ~250hp is just about for 4-5 hits of Weredragons\ghost UKnights forex, and scarry to think how much dangerous will be horned demons, hellhounds or other custom creatures. It would be fun. :lol:

P. S. I tried to noclip through the full version of your Di3D and had find that most of lags presence in the "Cathedral" (m1-m4), less - in the "Catacombs" and even less in the "Caves", so seems for me what those lags caused by lots of the brutal dynamic torches.
irontusk341

Post by irontusk341 »

If i may ask, what is your system specs? I may use that as a baseline for minimum specs that i will write in the next "Changelog" (Patch Notes)

My Acer Predator 300 is,

2.8ghz 4 core intel
16gb of Ram
6GB of VRAM GTX 1060
128 GB SSD
1TB HDD
Windows 10 64bit
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Athlon 64 x2 5600+ 2,9Ghz
DDR2 2Gb