Midi rips from Castlevania for X68000

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SiFi270

Midi rips from Castlevania for X68000

Post by SiFi270 »

I've been working on an music addon for Simon's Destiny (you can check out what I've managed so far here) that incorporates... well, what it says in the title. But the only rip I could find was missing some tracks I wanted. Below is a list of the ones I'm looking for and an MP3 version for reference.
  • The title music (we're already off to a bad start because I can't find this one in MP3 format but the MT-32 version's here on Youtube but if you're ripping you'll want to look for the SC-55 version of it because that's the one that'll play properly in ZDoom)
  • Tower of Dolls (MP3)
  • Mother Earth (MP3)
  • The Bat Head (MP3)
  • Player Miss (MP3)
  • Stage Clear (MP3)
  • All Clear (MP3)
Some of these I want as replacements for files in the sounds directory rather than the music directory. You can see in the wad I linked to that I already tried doing that with the sound heard over the map screen, but the result when I test it is silent, so I think I need to be shown what I'm doing wrong there before I can continue.
SiFi270

Re: Midi rips from Castlevania for X68000

Post by SiFi270 »

That's exactly what I got from my initial Google search. The ones that are missing from it are the whole reason I made this thread.
CDR_KEEN

Post by CDR_KEEN »

I can help you if you still need it.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Wow it's you that'd be great thanks.
CDR_KEEN

Post by CDR_KEEN »

Sure just PM me whatever you need, I have the full MT-32 rips now, I can post the on google drive. Just let me know.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

What about the SC-55 versions? I think they'd be more likely to work with people's sound configurations in ZDoom.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Thank you very very much. Now I just need to remember where I intended to use some of the songs I listed. :oops:

EDIT: Seems I jumped the gun and assumed that was a complete rip. Could I please also have SC-55 versions of the title and credits themes in midi format, and oggs of the little fanfares for starting the game, dying, clearing a level and clearing the game?

Return to “Requests”