Ability to lose in co-op?

Talk about multiplayer ZDoom games here.
Forum rules
lokemannen

Ability to lose in co-op?

Post by lokemannen »

So I have been looking for a way to be able to actually lose the game if all players die in a cooperative but I have not been able to find anything as such.
Is there any wads that makes cooperative actually hard and not just die and respawn?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Ability to lose in co-op?

Post by Rachael »

Such a thing does not exist in ZDoom, itself. In Zandronum, you can play a special mode called "Survival" which has a limited lives feature (it's just basically the concept of Last Man Standing taken into cooperative).
lokemannen

Post by lokemannen »

Eruanna wrote:Such a thing does not exist in ZDoom, itself. In Zandronum, you can play a special mode called "Survival" which has a limited lives feature (it's just basically the concept of Last Man Standing taken into cooperative).
That's why I asked if there was any wads that did something like that.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Sorry. That's what I get for reading your post when I just wake up. >_>
lokemannen

Post by lokemannen »

I completely understand that.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I wonder if with eventual Thinker exposure, if modders will be able to override this and sort of create their own "Spectator" mode via ZScript?
Edward-san

Post by Edward-san »

Stronghold?
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

Blood Ode addon for older Brutal Doom version have lives system in coop, when all lives is depleated map restart, it will be great if someone skilled in ACS make addon for gzdoom to work with any wad, pk3

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/a ... ng-project
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Edward-san wrote:Stronghold?
Well that's one way of handling a particular thing. but I think he / she is hoping for a survival experience in any type of wad
Marisa the Magician
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

I'm sure this can be done with ZScript in its current state, including morphing players into a spectator class on respawn.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Marisa Kirisame wrote:I'm sure this can be done with ZScript in its current state, including morphing players into a spectator class on respawn.
It was done by a couple mods in ACS before that too, though it wasn't until ZScript that we had any generalized way of resetting the players' inventory on map restart.

(It could have been done in Decorate with some custominventory hackery but you wouldn't have been able to start with the correct weapon raised.)

Here's HD's ZScript implementation based on an original ACS, with some of the old ACS left in for the fancy "you lose" messages.

This can be simplified significantly so that the map restarts immediately upon the death count hitting the fraglimit, instead of all that ACS fancy message stuff or the "WipedOut" inventory token which is only used to mark people and morph them into spectators when the lives have run out.
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

Ultimate DoomVisor work with ACS "lives", another must have addon for coop is ACS "shared keys", but keys in coop stay and i dont remember how to get keys works like in singleplayer,
CP ?
if someone know pls tell me

Return to “Networking”