Playable 1st Draft

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dudweiser

Playable 1st Draft

Post by Dudweiser »

Hi everyone this is my new level, its one large map purely for fun. I have attached the PB3 mod to this level and made alterations within Slade where necessary for certain elements.

The aim of the level is to collect all 9 keys and enter the battle arena at the end, respawn is essential unless you are a pro player because I seem to die a lot lol. Teleporters become available to you from the spawn room as you progress, this saves relentless back track after deaths. Item respawn is also recommended so I have attached the autoexe.cfg with the zipfile. I have also attached the GZDoom ini file I used when testing the map, so you can copy these settings in if you wish for this wad to get the most out of it. Recommend disabling double jump and ledge climb as the puzzles/progression are designed for single jumping only, but again its entirely up to you.

You will notice a ton of errors when loading the files but none that actually crash or affect gameplay, I'll hopefully have them sorted in the final draft. Please let me know if you notice any in game bugs etc and I'll fix them.

WAD Load Order:

DWIZER1.wad
Textures.wad
PB3Custom.pk3
HUD.pk3

In time I'm hoping to merge each into one wad but its giving me a headache right now due to errors haha.

Here's some screenshots of the level.
Spoiler:
Here is the download link for the zipfile:
Spoiler:

So this is my first map and to say it's been a nightmare getting stuff working is an understatement lol. Just used the info on this forum to learn from scratch. Top notch guides. Please let me know what you guys think and how I can improve it, and if you can complete it without dying please send me a video of that crazy ass shiznae. Thanks :D

Known in game errors:

Custom weapons no legs
Custom weapons no grab animation
Custom weapon grenade throw

In the process of changing all these but its nothing major. I'll add more as I spot them.

---

Credits to everyone behind the Project Brutality mod, this map wouldn't be what it is without it!
Last edited by Dudweiser on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zen3001

Re: Playable 1st Draft

Post by Zen3001 »

I don't want to spam and annoy you but I'm going to say it again just because the other thread is dead
make some vanilla maps
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by LukasG2004 »

Quick tip: when you put a link in your post put it like this: link.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Zen3001 wrote:I don't want to spam and annoy you but I'm going to say it again just because the other thread is dead
make some vanilla maps
Why? What's the point of this feedback?
Dudweiser

Post by Dudweiser »

Hmm not the kind of stuff I was looking for but ok lol. My bad I thought I did add the link but must have forgot after the spoiler, it is updated now. As for the vanilla maps I find playing with gore and new enemies 100x more fun, but maybe thats just me? I thought a lot of people used it too? I have no idea what other thread you are refering to either? Did anyone actually get the level working and have a shot?

Thanks
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Like I said in the other thread, that guy's just an example of someone who you completely ignore because he clearly has nothing useful to add anyway.
Dudweiser

Post by Dudweiser »

Arctangent wrote:Like I said in the other thread, that guy's just an example of someone who you completely ignore because he clearly has nothing useful to add anyway.
Can you direct me to this thread it sounds interesting, but I think I understand now haha!
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Dudweiser

Post by Dudweiser »

Ah right, I hadn't realised there were new messages in that before it was moved.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

I just prefer the original game, I like it when it's playable with other ports and I also don't really like the mods you used
btw it might be useful to have a batch file that launches the game with the map and the other mods
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

Zen3001 wrote:I just prefer the original game, I like it when it's playable with other ports and I also don't really like the mods you used
btw it might be useful to have a batch file that launches the game with the map and the other mods
I agree fully. I would play this if it was a straight level WAD and didn't need accompanying mods. This may be better suited to the Gameplay Mods subforum.
Dudweiser

Post by Dudweiser »

Each to their own, i find killing the same 15 enemies with the same 8 weapons with no gore gets pretty stale fairly quickly.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

Dudweiser wrote:Each to their own, i find killing the same 15 enemies with the same 8 weapons with no gore gets pretty stale fairly quickly.
If he created a vanilla map it would have been compatible with way more gameplay mods
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Zen3001 wrote:If he created a vanilla map it would have been compatible with way more gameplay mods
He didn't. Tough luck. Now, if you have nothing useful to say about the mod/map itself, then I suggest that you stop posting in this thread and go find something else to play that is to your liking.

Return to “Levels”