HeXeReTiC Fantasy v3.1.1 (Update 27 Oct 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Korell

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7 (Updated 2 Feb 2018)

Post by Korell »

Just tried v1.7, only loading it up to check I had it working correctly. Booted up the first map of Hell's Maw using the Amateur Enchanter difficulty, and there were lots of imp types in the first area, which I cleared, then on going down through the door after I'd opened it, some Betrayer Elves appeared behind me and I wasn't able to kill them quickly enough with the starting weapons and so I died. Considering that this was on one of the easier difficulty settings, this came as quite a surprise.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.2 (Updated 15 Feb 2018)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Korell wrote:Just tried v1.7, only loading it up to check I had it working correctly. Booted up the first map of Hell's Maw using the Amateur Enchanter difficulty, and there were lots of imp types in the first area, which I cleared, then on going down through the door after I'd opened it, some Betrayer Elves appeared behind me and I wasn't able to kill them quickly enough with the starting weapons and so I died. Considering that this was on one of the easier difficulty settings, this came as quite a surprise.
Yeah, the Betrayers & Traitor Dark Elves might be a pain in the ass at first levels if you have not enough luck, so I personally recommend saving the game often until things get a bit easier. (Remember, the One-Key-Savegame feature is highly useful for this).

By the way, I have uploaded a bugfix release for v1.7, which fixes some weird bugs I found recently in game, and brings up a couple of new features to make things a bit more interesting than before... To read more details about it and getting fresh download links, please refer to first post as usual. :wink:

Keep having fun, everyone! 8-)
Expect No Mercy

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.2 (Updated 15 Feb 2018)

Post by Expect No Mercy »

Simply Nice!
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5 (Updated 2 Mar 2018)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Expect No Mercy wrote:Simply Nice!
Glad you like it! :thumb:

And here I bring some good news: a new small update release is available for download! Among other things, it brings a new cool modern-like weapon for Corvus III and a new secret inventory item. Check first post for more detailed info and fresh download links!

Cheerio everyone, and please keep having fun! 8-)
Qweklain

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5 (Updated 2 Mar 2018)

Post by Qweklain »

Starting to get back into all the mods after probably 5+ years and just starting with this one. Great work there sir! A fun, fresh take while keeping Heretic classy still. There are two things I have noticed so far though in 1.7.5.

1) The Tome of Power + the yellow wand (I forget the name) makes the secondary fire shoot four shots in a spread. However, it makes ammo infinite with this fire mode. I assume that is not right.
2) The Hunter Blunderbuss has double-shot on the primary fire and single-shot on the secondary fire. Should this not be the other way around?
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy v1.7.5.1 (Updated 7 Mar 2018)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Qweklain wrote:Starting to get back into all the mods after probably 5+ years and just starting with this one. Great work there sir! A fun, fresh take while keeping Heretic classy still.
Welcome back, hope you like it and have fun! :thumb:
Qweklain wrote:There are two things I have noticed so far though in 1.7.5.

1) The Tome of Power + the yellow wand (I forget the name) makes the secondary fire shoot four shots in a spread. However, it makes ammo infinite with this fire mode. I assume that is not right.
Fixed in 1.7.5.1, which have been released some moments ago. Please check first post, and thanks a lot for the bug report! :)
Qweklain wrote:2) The Hunter Blunderbuss has double-shot on the primary fire and single-shot on the secondary fire. Should this not be the other way around?
Well, I think that depends, some other weapon addons or mods out there can take the original reference of Doom's SSG, which as you'll know it shoots both loaded shells with primary fire, however in other games the SSG-like weapon firemodes are switched in the other way.

I personally prefer the actual behaviour, it's probably a matter of taste. But also is something that can be customized making an addon with the desired weapon behaviour, or editing manually the addon file lump with SLADE tool...
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

I really like your mod, but who made the corvus mugshot?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Apaul27 wrote:I really like your mod, but who made the corvus mugshot?
Hello, glad you like it! :D

By the way, (and sorry for the answer delay) all points that the original author of Corvus mugshot graphics is user TerminusEst13, according to next ZDoom thread:

viewtopic.php?t=37091&p=704226

And also mentioning, a small update release of H-Fantasy addon is on the way, so please stay tuned! :winker:
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
Apaul27 wrote:I really like your mod, but who made the corvus mugshot?
Hello, glad you like it! :D

By the way, (and sorry for the answer delay) all points that the original author of Corvus mugshot graphics is user TerminusEst13, according to next ZDoom thread:

viewtopic.php?t=37091&p=704226

And also mentioning, a small update release of H-Fantasy addon is on the way, so please stay tuned! :winker:
Awesome! I hope all goes well!
Hexereticdoom

Re: HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition (Updated 12 Jul 2018)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

New version is up! :)

As I told a few days ago, here you have a small update of HeXeReTiC Fantasy addon but also rather special, that's because I have decided to call it 'Special Edition'. (By the way, at first it was planned to release it earlier, to be precise on the 7th of this month, however due to some problems derived with my laptop I've been forced to delay the file release, but at least the wait is now over).

So what brings this special release? Well, you can see the latest changes and features with more detail at first post, but perhaps the most important one is the ending of the addon's 1.x developing branch. So there will not be a 1.8, 1.9 or 1.10 (and so on) version of H-Fantasy in short-term; although that doesn't mean that there cannot be a future 2.0 version, but it could also take me some time to make it possible (at least until I get some new resources and having quite good ideas to implement) so you better not expect a new release within that mentioned period of time... :melancholy:

Once said that, I hope you enjoy this new update and have a good time playing with your favourite Heretic levels!

Cheerio everyone, and keep having fun! 8-)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Neat; I liked your DOOM mod as well. I can't wait to see a possible Hexen mod!
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

I believe I have a problem
Attachments
why does this keep hapening?
why does this keep hapening?
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Ts879 wrote:I believe I have a problem
Try to swap the load order of the files. Heretic WAD file must be always loaded before the H-Fantasy addon file. :!:
I'mMog

Post by I'mMog »

Gotta say first, thank you, for taking the time to make this mod. I've always loved Heretic, and this adds so much more to the original game. I've been playing the crap out of it since I discovered this.

I've also been doing my own editing of some of the files within, or at least, trying to in some cases. Not saying there are any flaws, just making changes to personal preferences, mostly adding damage resistances to mobs and adding a few new damage types, just because I can. There are a few things I'd like to change, at least for myself that I haven't been able to locate yet. For a future project, I'm trying to get the ice type enemies to be respawnable. Since they go all A_IceGuyDie, I can't do that as it removes their sprites from the map completely, which stops them from respawning. No idea where the A_IceGuyDie scripts are so I can stop that from happening and leave a tiny sprite of ice crumbs for respawn purposes. And, yes, I ran through those shards the first time I killed one of those and nearly died.

Another semi-project I'm planning on doing is adding more weapons and mobs. Some of the ideas I've had were based off of what's already in the mod. A magma weapon, a wind-based weapon (Powered secondary fire would produce the Iron Lich's Whirlwind). A weapon based off of the Chaos Cube, with the four different ChaosCubeFX types coming out at random.

I also would like to find a way to add the Bright script to the 'blood' coming from certain mobs. Already added the proper colors per mob I wished to edit (Disciple, Evil Conjurer, Dark Bishop, Magma Monster). They should bleed the magic (or lava) they're made out of. Another tiny aside would be tiny spurts of flame per hit from Sabreclaws and Razorslashers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you like anything I end up making, and you want to include it in an update, I'll gladly pass it along. Thanks again for all of the work you've put into this!

Edit: Just came across your HXRTC Doom mod... Holy crap, that's a lot. Still haven't encountered everything yet, but will be exploring the coding in there and may be able to answer some of my own queries. Again, thank you!
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hi can you make a patch for pre gzdoom 2.1?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”