Blood Fixer (updated 10/1/17)

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nevander

Re: Blood Fixer (updated 9/30/17)

Post by Nevander »

Updated this with a new file name to avoid confusion and with a "plus" version where I tweak some monster stats like the health of Lost Souls. Anyone got any other annoying monster behavior that Doom would be better without that I might could add?
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: Blood Fixer (updated 10/1/17)

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Amazing addon! Thank you! Now I can play mods and maps that are not compatible with Smooth Doom, yet still have vanilla monsters spill the correct blood.

... Okay, that last sentence sounds super weird when said aloud, but you know what I meant there. :lol:
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

I like this subtle mod. It makes game visuals more consistent and logical.

I made two modification of BloodFixer:

BloodFixer-BTSX.wad to match Back To Saturn X cacodemon blood:
- Cacodemon has light blue blood

BloodFixer-AA.wad to match Ancient Aliens monsters blood:
- Cacodemon has purple blood
- Wolfenstein SS (Stealth Plasma Alien) has dark purple blood
- Mancubus and arachnotron have darker blood

Edit: updated BloodFixer-AA.wad with help of SiFi270
Attachments
BloodFixer-AA.wad
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
BloodFixer-BTSX.wad
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Last edited by m8f on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

For AA's stealth alien, you may want to have this in the decorate, because otherwise most if not all of them will still bleed red blood.
Spoiler:
The reason for this is kind of a long story. I discussed it on Doomworld a couple of weeks ago with both Skillsaw and Nevander.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

SiFi270 wrote:For AA's stealth alien, you may want to have this in the decorate, because otherwise most if not all of them will still bleed red blood...
Thanks! I tested blood with 'summon wolfensteinss' in console. Red blood on stealth aliens would be a great surprise for me on actual playthrough.
I updated BloodFixer-AA.wad in my previous post.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

So hey, I've just found out that the method I suggested above makes the stealth alien more WolfSS-like than it's supposed to be. But thanks to 3saster's recent DeHackEd to Decorate converter, I've figured out how to make it more accurate:

Code: Select all

ACTOR FixedDeadLostSoul : WolfensteinSS REPLACES DeadLostSoul
{
	Health 30
	Speed 14
	ActiveSound "brain/cube"
	Dropitem None
	BloodColor "64 48 7F"
	States
	{
	XDeath:
		Goto Death
	}
}
edit: Realized there was a more efficient way to make him not gib.

Also here's some more fuzz-bleeding monsters for Doom 64 for Doom 2, to be loaded after Nevander's original file:

edit again: Now the decorate in the D64D2 blood fixer is up to date.
Attachments
BloodFixer-D64D2.wad
(394 Bytes) Downloaded 185 times
masterkark

Post by masterkark »

I changed this .wad into DECORATE.txt and with Lost Soul's dynamic lights part I get this fatal error:

Code: Select all

Script warning, "DECORATE.txt:DECORATE" line 40:
Tried to define class 'Object' more than once. Renaming class to 'Object@DECORATE.txt@DECORATE'

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "DECORATE.txt:DECORATE" line 40:
Expected '{', got 'LostSoulFix'.
Line 40 is where "object LostSoulFix" is. There are no more "object" scopes in the file. How do I fix this?
Also, does the newest GZDoom still require correcting these dynamic lights at all?
killaken2000

Post by killaken2000 »

I have another lost soul decorate that adds -KILLCOUNT, is there a way to get the two to work together or would i have to combine them by hand? Also, what other mods change the monsters. Do sprite fix mods count?
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Made a version of this for Eviternity

Nightmare demons get green blood as per their death frames.
cacodemons and hell knights have had their blood palette adjusted
the Lost Souls have 45 health - this is true in standard Eviternity as well, but bloodfixer's decorate replacement broke this change, so now it's in the decorate as well.
Astral Cacodemons get no blood.

This straight up copies the entire DECORATE file of Eviternity to avoid conflicts with the base: No more invincible Annihilators when loading bloodfixer after Eviternity!
Attachments
BloodFixer-Eviternity.wad
V4: Fix Decorate bug.
(3.01 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by Grizzly on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Grizzly wrote:The biggest change is that spectres now just get regular blood (except it's dark grey), so it's compatible with Nashgore.
Main file was always compatible with Nashgore, so this change was not needed. Appreciate your edit nonetheless!
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Agitatio wrote:
Grizzly wrote:The biggest change is that spectres now just get regular blood (except it's dark grey), so it's compatible with Nashgore.
Main file was always compatible with Nashgore, so this change was not needed. Appreciate your edit nonetheless!
I phrased that wrong xD - It was always compatible with nashgore yes, but the way the spectre blood had been implemented meant there are no particle effects and it used a custom blood type. Even with nashgore's bludtype.txt, it wouldn't fully work.
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

Wow, thank you, Grizzly! I've always wanted an Eviterniy version.
What about cyberbaron? Bloodfixer brokes and makes him invulnerable.
And if you don't mind helping me, how can I get spectre's invisible blood back?
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

dmslr wrote:Wow, thank you, Grizzly! I've always wanted an Eviterniy version.
:biggrin:
What about cyberbaron? Bloodfixer brokes and makes him invulnerable.
Yeah, this fixes that. Specifically it doesn't touch the annihilator at all, since it has red blood.

Incidentally, bloodfixer wouldn't break if you loaded it before Eviternity - the DECORATE file in Eviternity is there specifically to prevent decorate mods from breaking the custom monsters!
And if you don't mind helping me, how can I get spectre's invisible blood back?
For this I used SLADE.
Open both the original bloodfixer and bloodfixer-eviternity in it. You'll be looking for a few extra lines in the Decorate file for the original bloodfixer
Look for ACTOR FixedSpectre : Spectre REPLACES Spectre

Copy these files and lines over and you should be golden. Make sure you *only* get the stuff for the fixedspectre and make sure there aren't any duplicates in your new decorate file.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Or you can just wait for me to update it, which I just did. Check the original post!

I realized I was a bit dumb and could just use Nashgore's built in override system to make sure the Spectre's blood worked on Nashgore (I swear that didn't work last time I tried it). So now it works with everything and everybody is happy!
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

What a kind person! I appreciate.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”