[MOD] Demon Slayer 1887 (Update 1.5 FEB.01.2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
willkuer

Re: [MOD] Demon Slayer 1887 (Update JAN.16.2018)

Post by willkuer »

Whoah wrote:I don't think steam operated jump boots would work very well, as many wads disable jumping, or aren't meant for it as is. So it would have severely limited uses. I'm fully behind the monster mod idea, though.
True. But a one can dream :P
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Of course, of course. I personally think some sort of steam powered jetpack would be nifty. I was also thinking a disc of repulsion esque steam jet inventory item would be handy.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I had the the lewis bug in Doom 2 MAP01.
Arghonn

Post by Arghonn »

The weapons are pretty fun overall, but the fist feels like it fires just a pinch too slowly.

Some more fanciness on the custom hud would be nice, some pipes, gears, or brass on there just to really hammer home the steampunk flavor maybe?
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

@willkuer

Please fix lewis and watch, i used #library "SCRIPTS" but it doesent work. I have little programming skill, i think scripts isnt called anywhere, im trying changing loops etc. but im not to good to fix it :) Also dynamo ammo should be regenrating while other weapon is selected.

I attach modified DECORATE.txt, I removed HeatAmmo and functions that increase it and remove function what decrease watch ammo (now is infinite),

Edit: also i fixed rocket boxes to be flamer ammo.
Attachments
DECORATE.txt
(66.9 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

jablon1000 wrote:@willkuer

Please fix lewis and watch, i used #library "SCRIPTS" but it doesent work. I have little programming skill, i think scripts isnt called anywhere, im trying changing loops etc. but im not to good to fix it :) Also dynamo ammo should be regenrating while other weapon is selected.

I attach modified DECORATE.txt, I removed HeatAmmo and functions that increase it and remove function what decrease watch ammo (now is infinite),

Edit: also i fixed rocket boxes to be flamer ammo.
Thanks for trying to help :)
...but try this:

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/frx8yky45 ... 1.5%5D.pk3

* Removed the menu music for now so to keep the download size low.
* Scripts recompiled, few bugfixes...
* Sorry, don't have much spare time atm - job's keeping me busy until approx mid-february

As always, please report if you have time for and fancy testing.
Cheers!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Now that's a NICE update! Liked the Nailgun.

Two questions, though:

- Are you open to one more weapon suggestion?
- What's your opinion if i wanted to make my edited version of this mod?
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

GAA1992 wrote:Now that's a NICE update! Liked the Nailgun.

Two questions, though:

- Are you open to one more weapon suggestion?
- What's your opinion if i wanted to make my edited version of this mod?
- Sure, shoot... harhar :P
- Why not pool ressources? The one thing I lack atm is time to polish and probably skill in some areas to put everything in the place I'd like to, wouldn't mind a lil teamwork :) Or do you think your ideas are radically different?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Actually i just didn't wanted to bother you to upload a totally different thing from your ideas.

I prefer you (in case you authorize me to do it), just list it as an alternate version/add-on and keep your mod normally as well as your work flow. It's not that i don't like teamwork (totally far from that), i just don't want to bother you and look like i want to claim anything, really (and thinking twice, i really have some different ideas for it).

Oh, yeah, about the gun!

This sweet little thing over here would be my suggestion for a Rocket Launcher replacement. It was made by Neoworm and you might know it from Ceejay's "Epic" weapon pack for 3DGE. A nice, shiny Blunderbuss.
BlunderBuss.png
I just think you need to give him a shout, in any case.

Thanks for the attention! ;)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah!! I seriously remember that blunderbuss. Very awesome and well detailed stuff. And i had no idea that another frame was existed!

I guess it's very recommended. It seems this sprite has same style as your mod's.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

@willkuer

Thx man :) Now is playable and fun.

Blunderbuss is awesome idea, fits perfect in this mod.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

GAA1992 wrote:Actually i just didn't wanted to bother you to upload a totally different thing from your ideas.

I prefer you (in case you authorize me to do it), just list it as an alternate version/add-on and keep your mod normally as well as your work flow. It's not that i don't like teamwork (totally far from that), i just don't want to bother you and look like i want to claim anything, really (and thinking twice, i really have some different ideas for it).

Oh, yeah, about the gun!

This sweet little thing over here would be my suggestion for a Rocket Launcher replacement. It was made by Neoworm and you might know it from Ceejay's "Epic" weapon pack for 3DGE. A nice, shiny Blunderbuss.
BlunderBuss.png
I just think you need to give him a shout, in any case.

Thanks for the attention! ;)
As far as I'm concerned, you're free to edit and release (don't like the word "authorize" in this case ;) ). Every piece of my work derives from something from this community or other artists and I'd like to keep it in that spirit: Open source, fair use, credit all who dropped some hours to post work of fiction and inspiration, edit, contribute, write, free of charge. In that sense, I'd like to see your version of this mod idea! :) Though, I propose to release it in here, you, me, whoever distributes, I'd just keep it within this thread, so people can find it in one place.

EDIT: Gun idea is good! Going to check permissions... you imagine it as a rocket launcher in the classical (Doom) sense?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Basically yes! Only that it shoots a projectile similar to the Mace Ball from Heretic :)

And, thanks! I am kinda stuck in my own works, but as soon as i can get some breath, i'll sit down and give this one a nice edit ;)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey, um.. sorry for the bump/double post, but i was watching some videos on youtube and found something that i decided to use to contribute to the mod (if you want, of course).

There's this channel on YT called C&Rsenal, and they made a video firing a 1915 WW1 Lewis Gun. Their sound quality is usually over the top, so i recorded the gun sound with Audacity, boosted the bass and amplified it a bit. In game it sounds well, but when "Randomize Pitches" is on, kinda breaks the dakka feeling. So if you want to use this one i recommend you just limit it on the sndinfo to 1~4 instead of the usual 8 pitch value.
LewisGun-4.rar
(64.87 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Hope you like it.

EDIT: sorry if i sound too nitpicky/annoying. It's just that we don't have steampunk mods in doom enough, and that's a theme i like. And i love this mod too =p

EDIT 2: I forgot to say! This is not the original sound. I mixed this one with your sound file named "LEWISGUN". I have the original here, if you want it.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

GAA1992 wrote:Hey, um.. sorry for the bump/double post, but i was watching some videos on youtube and found something that i decided to use to contribute to the mod (if you want, of course).

There's this channel on YT called C&Rsenal, and they made a video firing a 1915 WW1 Lewis Gun. Their sound quality is usually over the top, so i recorded the gun sound with Audacity, boosted the bass and amplified it a bit. In game it sounds well, but when "Randomize Pitches" is on, kinda breaks the dakka feeling. So if you want to use this one i recommend you just limit it on the sndinfo to 1~4 instead of the usual 8 pitch value.
LewisGun-4.rar
Hope you like it.

EDIT: sorry if i sound too nitpicky/annoying. It's just that we don't have steampunk mods in doom enough, and that's a theme i like. And i love this mod too =p

EDIT 2: I forgot to say! This is not the original sound. I mixed this one with your sound file named "LEWISGUN". I have the original here, if you want it.
I'm glad to get input like this from another mod author! That's what I like about this forum :) Sooooo, like this?

EDIT: Updated the OP with the last versions download link (1.5, feb.01.2018)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”