[Fixed] Yet another "not sure if it's a bug" thing...

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Enjay

Yet another "not sure if it's a bug" thing...

Post by Enjay »

I was playing through a revised version of my "Marine Assault" and I noticed a new effect in 2.0.52. Enemies on the other side of a translucent window would see me, wake up, but then pace up and down impatiently waiting for me to break the window so that they could shoot through. Previously, they would fire and break the window themselves.

So it looks like lines that block "everything" are now blocking the line of sight for firing calculation for monsters, but not for simply seeing the player to wake up the monster. I know this was being discussed a while back, so this may be intentional, but it has kind of taken the sting out of a few areas in "Marine Assault" and reduced the amount of glass that ends up getting randomly thrown around the level as a result of enemy shots. It's almost as if the marines are reluctant to break a windows in case they get the repair charge deducated from their wages or something. :)
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

I wondered whether barrels exploding at one side of a "Blocks everything" line can spread radius damage to a barrel on the other side.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Hirogen2 wrote:I wondered whether barrels exploding at one side of a "Blocks everything" line can spread radius damage to a barrel on the other side.
If I'm not mistaken, radius damage is also blocked by block-all lines.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

It is intentional, because it seemed stupid to have monsters trying to fire at you through lines their shots can't get past.

How does the following sound for a solution? Things stay as they are right now, except if the block everything line has projectile hit activation and runs a script. The assumption is that if the line is executing a script when it gets shot, then the script will remove the blocking flag, and the enemy will be able to shoot past the line in the future.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Sounds good to me. :) The assumption won't be right in every case (such is the nature of assumptions) but I suspect it will be fine in nearly every case. And seeing as how in versions prior to the current one, enemies would quite happily have shot any line, and activated it's special if it had one, I don't see thet it will do any harm.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Done.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”