La Tailor Girl v1.89 Plain Black [updated march 18 2023]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryuhi

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.34 [risque]

Post by Ryuhi »

Have you considered a way to store an outfit as a backup? there are times where I feel like I have to give up my outfit of choice for one thats practical to the map area, like the hazmat suit. Or worse, be playing a map that doesnt have any powerup spawners for a considerable amount of time :( Just something like a one time toggle or a temporary inventory slot or the like.

that said, fantastic mod, I'm really enjoying a lot of the power combinations, and the charm is adorable~
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

I've played this mod a little more since the HUD is fixed and I have to say it's really nice. What should be fixed:
- The description that is shown when picking up clothes should also be displayed when hovering them; I never know if it's worth discarding my current one.

Except that, I'm wondering if there are plans for more than one upgrade per costume? Anyway, the core of this mod is well done and only needs MOAR suits/combinations/upgrades/whatever.
I'll add a PDA with the info as soon as I can, I have no idea how the heck I could input a hovering to show info if you mean like mouse hovering or something

and yes, eventually.
Spoiler:
The ultimate Ultimate Doom screen end looks great. Great job.
she went all the trouble for a rabbit
Hmm... The hud is still not working... Which version of Zdoom or GZdoom are you using? Although don't dive in to that just yet. Because I am running the mod with Colourfulhell mod. Maybe there is something that stops it working properly? I know it is a far fetched thought but doesn't hurt to check in my opinion IF you deem it necessary. I am still using same 16:9 aspect ration (this same applies to forced aspect ration), fullscreen and 1920x1080 resolution.
try change the hud size to the default doom hud size? That's only thing that comes to my mind that might cause it to not work as it is cause if you go max giganto hud it makes it vanish.
I made this mod with the most recent stable release in mind (3.2.5)
I gave this a quick shot and found a bug: Apparently when you start a map that has the ResetInventory MAPINFO flag (for example, WADsmoosh's Master Levels), whatever clothes you were wearing will be removed, but they won't be replaced with the default outfit, making pistol-start maps much harder than intended due to low firing speed.
I've been trying to fix this but I really havent found a proper solution to it.
Making an ACS enter script to give an armor would be bit awkward
Only solution I know is to use changemap/map command
By the way, is the HUD sprite supposed to be cut sometimes? (like the base armor upgrade)
Like not fit properly on the screen? No, its not. But the size of the sprites change from time to time so its possible they accidently do that
I need to go through em at some point.
Have you considered a way to store an outfit as a backup? there are times where I feel like I have to give up my outfit of choice for one thats practical to the map area, like the hazmat suit. Or worse, be playing a map that doesnt have any powerup spawners for a considerable amount of time :( Just something like a one time toggle or a temporary inventory slot or the like.

that said, fantastic mod, I'm really enjoying a lot of the power combinations, and the charm is adorable~
Yes, that has been suggested, but I think it adds to the difficulty of the mod not to allow directly store stuff.
The tailoring kit is for the backup case of needing armor asap.
Fallingferret

Post by Fallingferret »

I assume by hovering, they mean standing over the armor and still getting the description of what the set does. Rather then just being told you're unable to wear it without stripping.
q3cpma

Post by q3cpma »

Yeah, I was unclear. By hovering I meant with the crosshair (within a certain distance of the item itsef). But standing on it makes sense too.
q3cpma

Post by q3cpma »

Two other problems:
- With the bride suit and while holding the pistol there's some text overlap (https://a.pomf.space/vzgwdvwwvned.png).
- There's no way to know which item is selected (orb or sewing kit).

By the way, what is the machinegun alt supposed to do with the succubus (the green pew pew lasers) ? Looks like it doesn't consume ammo and has a high pain chance.
daimon

Post by daimon »

this mod looks pretty fun!
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

q3cpma wrote:Two other problems:
- With the bride suit and while holding the pistol there's some text overlap (https://a.pomf.space/vzgwdvwwvned.png).
- There's no way to know which item is selected (orb or sewing kit).

By the way, what is the machinegun alt supposed to do with the succubus (the green pew pew lasers) ? Looks like it doesn't consume ammo and has a high pain chance.
For item selection, if you have Tags on for Items, it will display the name of the one you have selected when you toggle :)
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

I changed the zoom of the HUD and that worked now I see what outfit I have. The HUD is good but in my opinion it should be a bit smaller however that is my opinion if other people find the HUD having good size. I prefer smaller HUD features so I can pay attention on what I see much more better. Thoughts about the upgrades of the suits so far. Good stuff but I kinda find it sad that they don't have 3rd level upgrades regarding the default outfit upgrades. While they are above decent I think it needs slightly more oomph and I would prefer that you would need to access it by getting third copy of the outfit. I am still very curious of what you will do next. Just wondering though what is that number next to of the keys you have picked up pad does?
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

People associate their mod with Hentai, have thought about adding a "hentai option" (when she loses her clothes) on and off in the menu or a separate patch.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

If you meant that Hentai as... Well, Actual Hentai, i don't think they would allow that kind of thing on this community because that against the rules. Obviously.

And sexy costumes and stripped anime girl aside, i think it's very funny in Comedic way. Rather than in Hentai way.
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

So that's why Hentai Doom does not have this community
I did not know it was not allowed (Sorry), now I know why they associated this mod with Hentai but could not have that option
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Fallingferret wrote:I assume by hovering, they mean standing over the armor and still getting the description of what the set does. Rather then just being told you're unable to wear it without stripping.
Yeah, I was unclear. By hovering I meant with the crosshair (within a certain distance of the item itsef). But standing on it makes sense too.
But whats the fun in that?
Gives ammo
IJust wondering though what is that number next to of the keys you have picked up pad does?
it shows your base health

Also since the hud has been causing trouble a lot, I decided to try rework it entirely
Here's how it will look in next version;
Spoiler:
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

That new HUD looks neat. Did you consider what I said about the default outfit though? I think right now... It is somewhat okay but compared to others it is somewhat underwhelming but I think best way to fix that would be introduce 3rd stage the outfit the X bikini also somewhat underwhelming but minor buffs will correct that. I have a suggestion for the upgraded version of the arctic suit that it changes the handgun in to a freeze thrower. You know weapon like Duke Nukem 3D freeze thrower (The classic Duke Nukem game) and Overwatch Mei's weapon or something between those two.
q3cpma

Post by q3cpma »

Not a big fan of the duplicated item, personally. I'd rather have some kind of highlight or contouring. The ammo one was better on the left, because the opaque part should always be as far as possible from the centre.
Sorry for being annoying, haha.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Gives ammo
IJust wondering though what is that number next to of the keys you have picked up pad does?
it shows your base health

Also since the hud has been causing trouble a lot, I decided to try rework it entirely
Here's how it will look in next version;
Spoiler:
[/quote]

It looked better on this side

Return to “Gameplay Mods”