RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
shadstarn

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 2.0)

Post by shadstarn »

i have only finished wolfenstein 3d 1 one episode when i was 7 or 8 lol... i want all wonf mods that i can get can someone compile them? not just this one which is an excellent pack
Korell

Post by Korell »

hoover1979 wrote:Hi. I can't seem to get this TC to run on GZDoom v3.2.5 (x64), the menu starts with no music, the level loading screen is borked, there are no enemies in the level and corrupted textures and weird red diamond sprites with yellow "!" symbols on them. There is also a sea of Script Error warnings when GZDoom loads up, but I couldn't read them as in half a second it seemed like over a hundred errors flashed by before the game loaded.

I even tried recompiling the TC with the new GZDoom and it still wouldn't work. This is an awesome TC and worked fine on older iterations of GZDoom, but GZDoom 3.2.5 has the more advanced lighting and rendering options and I would love to be able to get this fine TC to work with it.

Is there something wrong on my end, or does the TC need to be updated to run with the newer versions of GZDoom?
I've just tried Wolfenstein 3D TC with GZDoom v3.2.4 and v3.2.5, both 64-bit versions, and I had none of the issues you've mentioned. No script warnings or errors, no missing textures, no issue with sound effects or music nor the loading screen. If I had to guess, I'd say it is the load order you are using for the mod files (or possibly the IWAD you are using). I'm loading them in this order, using the DOOM2.WAD IWAD:

Wolf3D_Common.pk7 Wolf3D_Resources.pk3 Wolf3D_HighRes.pk7

Note that I don't use the batch files that the mod came with as I had difficulties getting them to work. So what I did was look at how the batch files called GZDoom and the mod files and then created my own batch file to load the files in the correct order (and also pointing it at my own ini file and save folder for the mod).
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

if you want to play it on android you can
but this is strange trick the mods must be i the root folder of the mod folder
like it has to be in the mod folder not in sub folder in the mod folder
after my eperience
also you must putt the highress the way that guy told you

i still want to play machines death and shadowo of destiny on android but they are not compatible
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

Korell wrote:
hoover1979 wrote:Hi. I can't seem to get this TC to run on GZDoom v3.2.5 (x64), the menu starts with no music, the level loading screen is borked, there are no enemies in the level and corrupted textures and weird red diamond sprites with yellow "!" symbols on them. There is also a sea of Script Error warnings when GZDoom loads up, but I couldn't read them as in half a second it seemed like over a hundred errors flashed by before the game loaded.

I even tried recompiling the TC with the new GZDoom and it still wouldn't work. This is an awesome TC and worked fine on older iterations of GZDoom, but GZDoom 3.2.5 has the more advanced lighting and rendering options and I would love to be able to get this fine TC to work with it.

Is there something wrong on my end, or does the TC need to be updated to run with the newer versions of GZDoom?
I've just tried Wolfenstein 3D TC with GZDoom v3.2.4 and v3.2.5, both 64-bit versions, and I had none of the issues you've mentioned. No script warnings or errors, no missing textures, no issue with sound effects or music nor the loading screen. If I had to guess, I'd say it is the load order you are using for the mod files (or possibly the IWAD you are using). I'm loading them in this order, using the DOOM2.WAD IWAD:

Wolf3D_Common.pk7 Wolf3D_Resources.pk3 Wolf3D_HighRes.pk7

Note that I don't use the batch files that the mod came with as I had difficulties getting them to work. So what I did was look at how the batch files called GZDoom and the mod files and then created my own batch file to load the files in the correct order (and also pointing it at my own ini file and save folder for the mod).
I used the batch files. They worked perfectly in older iterations of GZDoom but on 3.2.5 they fail spectacularly! I tried your load order and it only loaded Doom II and not the TC. :cry:
Korell

Post by Korell »

hoover1979 wrote: I tried your load order and it only loaded Doom II and not the TC. :cry:
Then you must be doing something wrong if only Doom 2 loads up, as that would mean that it isn't loading up the mod files at all. Post the command line you are using, or the method you are using to load Doom 2 with the Wolfenstein 3D TC mod files. Also, when the game starts up you can open the console and if you scroll to the top of the console text it will show you the loading of the IWAD and PWAD files so you'll know what order they loaded in, and if they did in fact get loaded at all.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Guys does anyone know why the Consolidation TC does not support Decorate? Don't work "replaces" function.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

What are you trying to do?

A general note for everyone trying to run this TC:

Apparently, sometime in the recent past, the IWAD parameter in the GAMEINFO lump was changed to work differently, and now (I think?) only loads actual IWAD or IPK3 files instead of loading whatever .wad or .pk3 is set. This breaks the .bat files in the mod and also the ability to run the mod by just double-clicking the .pk3 or .pk7 files...

I don't have the time to fix this right now, but will do a updated release at some point.

You should still be able to run the TC with this command line:

Code: Select all

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file Wolf3D_Common.pk7 Wolf3D_Resources.pk3 Wolf3D_HighRes.pk7

EDIT: Fixed command line, per below....
Last edited by AFADoomer on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

AFADoomer; - Your command line does not run Consolidated TC for GZDoom. A black window appears for 1 second and disappears.

I do not understand why simple Wolf3D TC - understands Decorate and the version of the mod Consolidated TC - does not understand?
Korell

Post by Korell »

If I use Wolf3D_Common.pk7 as the IWAD then GZDoom pops up the IWAD selection screen for me. My own batch file that uses Doom2.wad as the IWAD and then calls all the Wolf 3D TC files as PWADs works just fine.

Code: Select all

START gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -config Wolf3D.ini +exec Wolf3D.cfg -file Wolf3D_Common.pk7 Wolf3D_Resources.pk3 Wolf3D_HighRes.pk7
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Thanks, Korell... fixed above.

aivar242 - You still haven't actually said or shown what you are trying to do. Unless GZDoom is broken (which I highly doubt), Decorate replacements work fine with the TC...
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

AFADoomer: - With the launch of the Mod Solidate TC I have no problems. I do not work "replaces". This is important for me. That all became clear I enclose this port in a file. Try to apply "replaces" in it and write down here what you got: https://drop.me/MRqVp8

P.S. In general I figured it out. All right it was in the wrong command line.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Has anyone connected the HUD 3D model? I connected but the model appears only on the A frame on other frames the same sprites. The code in Modeldef is correct. How can this be corrected?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

aivar242 wrote:Has anyone connected the HUD 3D model? I connected but the model appears only on the A frame on other frames the same sprites. The code in Modeldef is correct. How can this be corrected?
There aren't any models in this TC...

What exactly are you doing? I'd say that your MODELDEF is NOT correct if the model isn't showing up for certain frames... If you're going to ask for help, you'll need to actually post some sort of content (and I don't mean a copy of the entire TC - I mean the part that you are actually changing or working on), otherwise the best we can do to help you is to randomly speculate about what you are doing wrong.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

AFADoomer: - I have 3D models of weapons for Wolf3D. I want them to work in the fashion of Consolidated TC. To make everything clear for you I spread the mod with these models. Look how it looks and maybe you can get them to work:
https://drop.me/op1OQE
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

The GZDoom model implementation doesn't respect the use of "####" as a frame in Decorate... If you change all of those (that have a non-zero duration) to KNIF, MGUN, etc., as appropriate in actors/wolf3d/weapons.txt, the models will work. Note that this will mess up the lost episodes weapons - you probably can just add the initial sprite of those to MODELDEF, too, and everything will use your models.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”