[INACTIVE] Doomzone v1.8.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Re: Doomzone Mod (TNT Patch Added)

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

Gibbing loot system = cannibalism simulator with health potions and helmets in place of body parts. Seems reasonable, considering the overall dark and desperate atmosphere of the game's setting.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Perseus Mandate, FEAR2, and F3AR never happened.

The Type-12 Laser Carbine from FEAR: Extraction Point, exclusive to Pointman. God, I loved this weapon, and I hope you guys will too.
Sprites by Railgunner and Captain J.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

silentzora wrote:Perseus Mandate, FEAR2, and F3AR never happened.
Agreed.

I was more partial to the TG-2A Minigun in Extraction Point but the Laser Carbine was also awesome, especially for taking heads off necks. :P This looks like it's gonna be a hard-hitting, room-clearing weapon. <3
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Nems wrote:I was more partial to the TG-2A Minigun in Extraction Point but the Laser Carbine was also awesome, especially for taking heads off necks. :P This looks like it's gonna be a hard-hitting, room-clearing weapon. <3
I agree, which is exactly why I'm gonna be giving Pointman the Minigun next. :P
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

silentzora wrote:I agree, which is exactly why I'm gonna be giving Pointman the Minigun next. :P
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

silentzora wrote:The Type-12 Laser Carbine from FEAR: Extraction Point, exclusive to Pointman. God, I loved this weapon, and I hope you guys will too.
Sprites by Railgunner and Captain J.
Scorchin'! Looking good. And i'm so glad i'm seeing this one of my... I mean Railgunner's work in this mod. And i really like the color of the laser, too.

Also i hope Railgunner is proud of this!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Ah, you tease. Here I am waiting to get my hands on the Particle Cannon for the Slipgater and 1.8 still isn't out, hahaha. :D
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Gideon020 wrote:Ah, you tease. Here I am waiting to get my hands on the Particle Cannon for the Slipgater and 1.8 still isn't out, hahaha. :D
It's still a ways off, yeah. I still have to work on the new active skills and all. :P
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

That laser looks excellent, I love playing as the Pointman so, not at all unhappy to see him getting better and better.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Looking good, that weapon was cool in the expansion. Any chance you'll take another look at the Perpetrator weapon? The sprite is kind of weird looking, doesn't really look like the gun it's based off. It also doesn't really feel that useful next to the other weapons, would it help to make it penetrate enemies and hit ones behind them so it actually penetrates?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

-Ghost- wrote:Looking good, that weapon was cool in the expansion. Any chance you'll take another look at the Perpetrator weapon? The sprite is kind of weird looking, doesn't really look like the gun it's based off. It also doesn't really feel that useful next to the other weapons, would it help to make it penetrate enemies and hit ones behind them so it actually penetrates?
Yeah, I gotta go with what I can find, as far as sprites go. Sorry bout that.

I'll see if I can add ripper functionality to the Penetrator. That could be fun, would justify the lower mag size.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

First look at the new active skill for UAC Elite - Rip & Tear.

Basically Berserk on demand, with an additional 75% resistance to all damage. There's a caveat, though - You can't switch weapons until your rage wears off! Don't worry though, it's only for 30 seconds.

(Yes, the damage stacks with Berserk. No, I'm not changing it.)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hmm, now that looks good for Really Rip 'n Tearing things down, alright! And gotta love the enemies gives you health bonus when got gibbed.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I was looking through weapon sprites to try and come up with ideas for the Penetrator, maybe something like these?

Butcher Gun

EMS Rifle

Plasma Gun

It's a more high-tech looking gun in game, so I was trying to find boxy guns with displays on them.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

-Ghost- wrote:I was looking through weapon sprites to try and come up with ideas for the Penetrator, maybe something like these?

It's a more high-tech looking gun in game, so I was trying to find boxy guns with displays on them.
Nice finds, though I don't currently plan on changing the skin of the weapon at this time. For me, it's not how a weapon looks, it's how it behaves that makes it work. But that's just my opinion. I figure since the weapon is primarily carried by heavies, the closest thing we have to that in classic Doom would be the Commandos. I think the current setup works quite well, but again, just my opinion.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”