[MOD] Demon Slayer 1887 (Update 1.5 FEB.01.2018)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Whoah

Re: [MOD] Demon Slayer 1887 (Update JAN.16.2018)

Post by Whoah »

Cool mod, but I was firing the Lewis gun, and it overheated, but it didn't cool down, rendering it useless.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Had the same problem w/ the Lewis.

Also, Arc Coil needs a pickup sprite.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

willkuer wrote:
Captain J wrote:- How can i fill up the Hailstorm ammo? Cells won't fill her up and only Backpack another spare weapon can fill up the ammunition. And gosh they gives me a few fuel.
You mean the Plasma hose? Could be a string typo or oversight... gonna check...
Nah nah i mean the Flamethrower. I think that's the weapon's name. Anyway its ammo supply in this mod is severely minimal.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Whoah wrote:Cool mod, but I was firing the Lewis gun, and it overheated, but it didn't cool down, rendering it useless.
GAA1992 wrote:Had the same problem w/ the Lewis.
Could it be, that this happened at the moment you ran out of ammo? 'cause in that case I need to fire the ACS script that sets the weapon on cooldown in the deselect state too... if not, any special circumstances it happened? Or just in the middle of gameplay?
Captain J wrote:Nah nah i mean the Flamethrower. I think that's the weapon's name. Anyway its ammo supply in this mod is severely minimal.
Ok, it uses the rocket ammo pickups, gonna up the ammo amount they give and the amount the weapon itself gives.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

It doesn't happen at any special point, the Lewis Gun just doesn't cool down at all for me, even if I just let it sit there for over a minute. It's not slow, it just doesn't happen at all.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Somagu wrote:It doesn't happen at any special point, the Lewis Gun just doesn't cool down at all for me, even if I just let it sit there for over a minute. It's not slow, it just doesn't happen at all.
Hmm, strange... maybe I'm blind and stupid but I don't get it. Haven't encountered the issue myself (testing with GZDoom 3.1.0 and Doom2.wad). The ACS is a pretty straight forward while-loop... Is it the map number in ACS_NamedExecute?
I'll quickly post the Decorate and the ACS, maybe someone can see the error and help me out here.
Spoiler:
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Oh dear. I can't speak for GAA1992 and Whoah but it seems I'm partially to blame here. The Lewis Gun works fine in normal gameplay, but it doesn't function, for whatever reason, in Kinsie's test map.

Sorry about that.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Somagu wrote:Oh dear. I can't speak for GAA1992 and Whoah but it seems I'm partially to blame here. The Lewis Gun works fine in normal gameplay, but it doesn't function, for whatever reason, in Kinsie's test map.

Sorry about that.
No problem, still good to know! Also, good call reminding me that Kinsie's test map exists ^^ And yeah, I can confirm it doesn't work in that. No clue why though...
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

willkuer wrote:No clue why though...
Your ACS file, being a [wiki]library[/wiki], is missing the [wiki=Directive]#library directive[/wiki]. Put this at the very top of the SCRIPTS.acs file:

Code: Select all

#library "SCRIPTS"  
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

lot of the weapons remind me of that game order 1886, with the weird designs on old school weaponry
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Kinda surprised there aren't any pneumatic/steam-powered weapons in this mod.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Blue Shadow wrote:Your ACS file, being a [wiki]library[/wiki], is missing the [wiki=Directive]#library directive[/wiki]. Put this at the very top of the SCRIPTS.acs file: [...]
And that's the moment when you realise, you should have paid more attention in the programming courses at university :D Thanks man, you are a treasure! (While you're here, thanks for that awesome time freeze zscript too!) :)
chronoteeth wrote:lot of the weapons remind me of that game order 1886, with the weird designs on old school weaponry
Yep, that was part of the inspiration... :) I was even thinking of replacing the Pinky with a Werewolf :D Anyways, this mod isn't really steampunk as of now. It's inspired by, but as Whoah mentions...
Whoah wrote:Kinda surprised there aren't any pneumatic/steam-powered weapons in this mod.
... there aren't any pressure operated guns yet. Which is true. I was thinking about a spear gun or grenade launcher of some sort but didn't have time for it yet. I'd like to add more real steampunkish stuff but I'd also like to get this thing to a stable version :D We'll see... I'm open for suggestions though ;)
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Oooo! Replacing the pinkie with a werewolf sounds like a great idea! I've wanted to make a monster randomizer mod that replaces all the enemies with various vampires and werewolves etc. But, as for pressure powered guns, I think the hailstorm/fiery temper would be kinda cool if the design was changed to make it steampowered. A speargun sounds really cool too. If you do decide to change the monsters, I'm thinking pinkie=werewolves and spectre=vampires as a couple suggestions.
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Whoah wrote:Oooo! Replacing the pinkie with a werewolf sounds like a great idea! I've wanted to make a monster randomizer mod that replaces all the enemies with various vampires and werewolves etc. But, as for pressure powered guns, I think the hailstorm/fiery temper would be kinda cool if the design was changed to make it steampowered. A speargun sounds really cool too. If you do decide to change the monsters, I'm thinking pinkie=werewolves and spectre=vampires as a couple suggestions.
Custom monsters... hmmm if it's going to have compatibility issues with certain mods anyways, why not just go full on? Tempting :roll: hehe

As for more steampunk stuff: Isn't there also a double jump script by Blue Shadow floating around? Or was that somone else's? I'm thinking steam operated jump boots as a pickup here :twisted:
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

I don't think steam operated jump boots would work very well, as many wads disable jumping, or aren't meant for it as is. So it would have severely limited uses. I'm fully behind the monster mod idea, though.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”