Nun with a gun [V.9]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BradmanX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Nun with a gun

Post by BradmanX »

Stuff like this is exactly why I love Doom's modding community. Haven't tried it out yet, but it looks interesting.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Nun with a gun [V.2]

Post by Skelegant »

UPDATE:
Now you can summon demons to help you in your holy quest, apparently Faith is ok siding with Hell when it suits her purposes :D The weapon used to spawn them (the satanic crucifix) replaces the BFG, and the sabre now replaces the plasma rifle.
Fonts and rosaries give you more soul ammo (as does attacking enemies with the sabre).
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzo8qoaq8 ... gun_V2.zip

I'll keep the link to the old version up in case anyone prefers playing minus the new summoning system
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Skelegant wrote:UPDATE:
Now you can summon demons to help you in your holy quest, apparently Faith is ok siding with Hell when it suits her purposes :D The weapon used to spawn them (the satanic crucifix) replaces the BFG, and the sabre now replaces the plasma rifle.
Fonts and rosaries give you more soul ammo (as does attacking enemies with the sabre).
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzo8qoaq8 ... gun_V2.zip

I'll keep the link to the old version up in case anyone prefers playing minus the new summoning system
Hmm...even though there ARE legit warrior angels mentioned in Bible, particularly the Old Testament. But I'm guessing more the reason for this weapon is that the monsters for summoning are already in the Realm 667 Bestiary, ready to use, with no spritework necessary?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Pretty much lol I wasn't gettig around to making the angel sprites so decided to make the summon weapon anyway and just use existing stuff, rather than not update it at all. It doesn kinda clash with the theme though which is why I left the old version up for download too.
(I'm guessing you're not keen on the "siding with Hell" part, if I do end up making angel sprites I'll update it with them)
RiboNucleic Asshat
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RiboNucleic Asshat »

You could always recolor the summons to look more "heavenly" (think an abundance of white, gold, and blue) and call them "redeemed" or "purified" demons, if you wanted a quick & dirty solution. Demons are sometimes thought of as fallen angels, after all.

I do kind of like the current way, though. It adds a sort of duality to the character-- Blasphemy in the name of the lord.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Skelegant wrote:Pretty much lol I wasn't gettig around to making the angel sprites so decided to make the summon weapon anyway and just use existing stuff, rather than not update it at all. It doesn kinda clash with the theme though which is why I left the old version up for download too.
(I'm guessing you're not keen on the "siding with Hell" part, if I do end up making angel sprites I'll update it with them)
Yeah, the 'siding with Hell' part's a little too iffy. I am a Believer myself, but Protestant so this whole mod is a hilarious idea, except for that last part. :XD: LOL Kinda undoes some of the joke of doing it. :lol: I just wish I had spriting skills so I could do some of the work of making angelic warriors for Faith to actually summon. x3 Still something to look at. Could take some of the 'winged Bruiser' enemies and rework them, but it might take much reworking of them. Hmm...
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

PermaNoob wrote:You could always recolor the summons to look more "heavenly" (think an abundance of white, gold, and blue) and call them "redeemed" or "purified" demons, if you wanted a quick & dirty solution. Demons are sometimes thought of as fallen angels, after all.
THIS! THIS sounds like a good quick and dirty solution, and actually can add to the humor of the mod!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

It'd be fun to add an angel too though, and have the choice to summon a warrior angel or Hell's gatekeeper angel (which would be a blue afrit or something)
How's this for the angel? this is just a quick test to see if the composition works ok
Angel_test.png
Angel_test.png (9.79 KiB) Viewed 1166 times
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Looks good! Yeah, Reworked Afrit for that particular one can suit the mod nicely! Reworking the Lord of Heresy via re-coloring quick n' dirty initially, then later making the wings feathery and redoing the legs and head is what I had in mind also.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

You probably already know this, but the slot 3 weapon feels too powerful to be using one shell per shot. It also looks teeny tiny. My recommendation would be to either make it use more ammo or give it multiple shots before the reload animation.

Also, some kind of alternative shotgun would be nice, but that's just because I'm used to having the regular shotgun for mid-to-long-range combat.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Skelegant wrote:It'd be fun to add an angel too though, and have the choice to summon a warrior angel or Hell's gatekeeper angel (which would be a blue afrit or something)
How's this for the angel? this is just a quick test to see if the composition works ok
Angel_test.png
Hahahaha now that's brilliant and sacred! Well that wing might be the problem with spriting, but hope it works well.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

That definitely looks fitting!
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

For what it's worth in this context, there are some accounts of saints who have been able to use their God-given power to bind demons into doing their bidding*... and of course Jesus himself was accused of using demonic powers to control demons (which was the context of his statement about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit).

*and seeing this isn't exactly a canonical work, we can have more liberal interpretations...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh by the God with bigger guns, i think this is happenin'! Amen, i tell ye.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

I honestly really like the shotgun sprites. Although, the mp40 sprites' symmetry bugs me just a tad. And the shotguns seem just a little overpowered for just using one shell. I know it's been said, but just saying I agree.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”