[3.4!] FINAL DOOMER +

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMGABR [RU]

Re: [2.4] FINAL DOOMER +

Post by DOOMGABR [RU] »

Mod is realy badass, I love it. I played in TNT: Evilution and found a bug
Screenshot:
Spoiler:
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

What's the bug? I can't really tell by the screenshot.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

the gunsmoke spawning above where it should?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Frankly, that kind of imperfect-prop-spawning glitch happens often in other weapon mods. Because i dunno, looking upward without a limit in doom is not familiar?
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I have a small visual nitpick. Would you kindly (heh) remove the +FORCEXYBILLBOARD flag from the weapon and item pickups? Perhaps from the puffs, sparks and particles aswell. IMO it just doesn't look good and clashes with the monsters which on my end only have Y-axis billboarding. Again, thx in advance :D
DOOMGABR [RU]

Post by DOOMGABR [RU] »

comet1337 wrote:the gunsmoke spawning above where it should?
Exactly
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Btw, I know you already said the ammo values are intentional, but IMO it's just too much. For example, unlike regular Doom, Chainguns always give 20 bullets and never 10, no matter if they were spawned or dropped by chaingunners. You could use the A_Checkflag codepointer in pickup states so it performs a jump to a state which gives half ammo when said item is dropped by a killed monster.

Code: Select all

Doom2Ammo:
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDDoom2Bullets, 0, "Nope")
TNT1 A 0 A_CheckFlag ("DROPPED", "Doom2AmmoDropped") //this is the line you have to add, it needs to be above A_GiveInventory
TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory ("FDDoom2Bullets", 10)
TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySound ("items/doom2bulletsmall", CHAN_ITEM, 1, 0, 1.5)
TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItemEx("FDClipPickupMessageDoom2", 0,0,0, 0,0,0, 0, SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION | SXF_SETMASTER)
Stop

//When a zombie dies, and drops its clip, the game will jump to the following state. It's identical to the previous one, the only difference is a halved amount of bullets.

Doom2AmmoDropped:
TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory ("FDDoom2Bullets, 0, "Nope")
TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory ("FDDoom2Bullets", 5)
TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySound ("items/doom2bulletsmall", CHAN_ITEM, 1, 0, 1.5)
TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItemEx("FDClipPickupMessageDoom2", 0,0,0, 0,0,0, 0, SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION | SXF_SETMASTER)
Stop
Edit: The Alfonzone has several maps with pistols placed in them. Final Doomer already displays different pickup sprites for each class. But as of now they are of no use, except for displaying the message "You already have one you pilfering pontoon." They can't even be picked up when you remove the pistol from your inventory via the 'take' cheat. This should be taken into consideration regarding my suggestion about optional limited pistol ammo. :)
Last edited by StroggVorbis on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

You have definitely managed to exceed my expectations with this mod. I will give it 5/5 stars for all the hard work you and Yholl put into it.
guitardz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by guitardz »

These weapon sets are great. Does anyone know if there are any enemy replacers for Ancient Aliens, Saturn X, or JPCP? That would just top this off perfectly.
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

This is a great mod. Thanks for so much fun!

I made a small patch for some Final Doomer weapons to cause special deaths of Beautiful Doom monsters:

- Doom 2 chainsaw, Plutonia circular saw, and JPCP katana cut enemies
- TNT Maser, Doom 2 plasma rifle, and BTSX Plasma gun burn enemies
- BTSX shotgun burns enemies with green fire (because it shoots something green)

Usage:
- This file must be loaded after Beautiful Doom and Final Doomer.
- Beautiful Doom must be loaded without BDoom_Weapons.wad.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Would you kindly (heh) remove the +FORCEXYBILLBOARD flag from the weapon and item pickups?
I'll think about it.
DabbingSquidward wrote:Perhaps from the puffs, sparks and particles aswell.
Absolutely not, that makes no sense whatsoever.
DabbingSquidward wrote:Btw, I know you already said the ammo values are intentional, but IMO it's just too much.
Mmmm. I disagree personally, but the wonders of pure CVARium make that a non-issue. I'll add a cvar for halved ammo pickups from dropped weapons, and maybe add some extra stuff if I think of them.
Also, there's not really a need to post example code of such a thing to me, heh.
DabbingSquidward wrote:This should be taken into consideration regarding my suggestion about optional limited pistol ammo. :)
Ye, obviously.
m8f wrote:- Doom 2 chainsaw, Plutonia circular saw, and JPCP katana cut enemies
- TNT Maser, Doom 2 plasma rifle, and BTSX Plasma gun burn enemies
- BTSX shotgun burns enemies with green fire (because it shoots something green)
That's neat, but why does it have sound effects in it? That's not needed for something like this.
m8f

Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Yholl wrote:That's neat, but why does it have sound effects in it? That's not needed for something like this.
Sound effects are files that are used by BDoom_Monsters.wad, but are stored in BDoom_Weapons.wad. When Beautiful Doom is used without weapons, some monsters are silent when shooting. I reported it here. So included sounds just bring back sound to monsters. I mentioned it in README.txt inside my patch, and maybe should have mentioned it in a post.

By the way, FD can be loaded on top of BD Weapons, but I'm not sure if this will bring problems. From what I noticed, IDKFA gives two sets of weapons: BD and current selected FD weapons. So I assume that it is safer to use BD without weapons.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

Important question of the utmost immediacy:

Will there be a FreeDoom weaponset? FreeDoom's got some decently good levels, honestly, and it doesn't get the kind of love it really deserves.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I'm really not sure what could be done with it, besides the chainsaw replacement possibly being the sword the Marine was holding in titlepics up to V0.9, or the cattle prod mentioned in Impie's backstory for later versions.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

SiFi270 wrote:I'm really not sure what could be done with it, besides the chainsaw replacement possibly being the sword the Marine was holding in titlepics up to V0.9, or the cattle prod mentioned in Impie's backstory for later versions.
Well, yeah, but there wasn't much to be done with TNT or Plutonia, until Final Doomer did something with it. I'm sure he'll come up with something.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”