Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - IDGAMES RELEASED v.1.0 - UPDATE in 2023?

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Korell

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.1

Post by Korell »

jazzmaster9 wrote:If I ever make a Rise of the Triad TC it will be in the style of Wolfenstein 2: Rise of the Triad.
If you ever do this, then that would be great. :)
Korell

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.1.1

Post by Korell »

I just found a bug (this is whilst using the latest update).

On MAP09 The Black Forest, right after you've gone through the door that needs the silver key, and then turn left to find yourself in the outside area, there's a door that faces you. If you open this door but let it close, it won't then open again meaning you cannot progress further with the map. If you open the door and go through it, though, then it will open from the other side, but only once as if you let it close from that side and try to open it again it won't budge. So it seems that when you use that door, from whichever side you use it it then stops working. Screenshots to illustrate which door it is can temporarily be found here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahScLTRISLuO0nSX1

Also, as regards the autoaim from my previous query, I removed my ini file so that GZDoom would generate a new one with default settings and the default autoaim now appears to be 35/35, so maximum. Yuck. I think I'll leave it at 3/35 for this game, but normally I just have it as 0 to turn it off completely.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i am really confused guys ... where do updated versions come ? in teh same post? or other post? ... i am confused am is upposed to download same links ? or are there any new links for each update? anyoen understand what i am saying?

can someone make this possible to paly on adroid gzdoom? i cant :( but its perfect for it
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Korell wrote:I just found a bug (this is whilst using the latest update).

On MAP09 The Black Forest, right after you've gone through the door that needs the silver key, and then turn left to find yourself in the outside area, there's a door that faces you. If you open this door but let it close, it won't then open again meaning you cannot progress further with the map. If you open the door and go through it, though, then it will open from the other side, but only once as if you let it close from that side and try to open it again it won't budge.
Must be a door that I forgot to tag as repeatable. I'll be sure to fix that soon.
shadstarn wrote:i am really confused guys ... where do updated versions come ? in teh same post? or other post? ... i am confused am is upposed to download same links ? or are there any new links for each update? anyoen understand what i am saying?

can someone make this possible to paly on adroid gzdoom? i cant :( but its perfect for it
The updates are downloaded from the same link in the first post
As for GZDoom for android, I have not tested it with that yet, so Im still not sure if it is even compatible.
Bofubutt

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.1

Post by Bofubutt »

jazzmaster9 wrote:If I ever make a Rise of the Triad TC it will be in the style of Wolfenstein 2: Rise of the Triad.
Years ago, I started making a Wolfenstein TC called Operation: Zeitgeist that contained some sprite edits of Majik Monkee's released WolfROTT sprites (including a flamethrower-wielding, helmetless guy in a red ROTTGuard uniform). I released a demo, but went off to college and abandoned the project due to a heavy workload. If you can find it (I can't), you're more than welcome to take my sprites from it. I'd like to see them go to use!
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.2

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Beta version 2 has been uploaded
Changes:
- Fixed the bug in Map 9 where one of the doors was not repeatable.
- Added Exit indicators to maps with no exit elevators so that players don't unknowingly trigger the exit line.
- Fixed some more misaligned textures .
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.2.1

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Minor Update:
- Added some decorations and did some retexturing on Map 04, Map 09 and Map 11 since some rooms looked really bland.
- Fixed some Actors with the wrong difficulty tags in Map 03
- Fixed some linedefs to be one sided to hide secrets in the Automap.
- Some Treasure Items were re positioned in Map 12
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.2.2

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Minor update uploaded:
- Fixed some the textured door in Map 05
- Some treasure re-positioning.
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Beta v.3.1

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Beta v.3 Uploaded
Changes:
- Made the Flamethrower projectile unable to rip through The Mecha Trooper and the Rocket Sentry, since they are immune to fire.
- Fixed some misaligned sector heights in the Prologue Map.
Korell

Post by Korell »

I think I've found a bug. Run up to a rocket turret and let it shoot you at point blank range. Now watch your health number. It drops until it gets to single figures, then the next rocket hit increases your health, at which point it can increase or decrease seemingly within the range of 0-20, but you do eventually die when it finally hits 0. But yeah, health should never go up if you take a hit from a rocket.

Oh, I did this on map12 with the turret just around the corner going left from the start position.

EDIT: Wait, I think I'm just being dumb. The game automatically uses the health packs from your inventory doesn't it? That's why I was seeing health go up. Doh!

Well, finished map12 now. Man that was difficult. I did get to the secret exit, though, so I've just done map16 Haunted too. That was a very nicely different map. :)
ryoshenron

Post by ryoshenron »

This is a very good Wolfenstein mod. I've been having some good fun with it. Normally I don't care to play Wolfenstein mods that use the old-school classic Wolf3D level design styles, with a single flat elevation level and cubed walls, because I usually feel like those classic Wolfenstein levels get boring quickly. However, despite sticking to that map design style, you manged to spice things up by having things like outdoor areas, traps, weather effects, and neat props like trucks and trains, which make the maps far more interesting. Plus there are more than the 3 basic guns and there are multiple ammo types, so that's a huge improvement over classic Wolf3D as well. Good stuff, keep it up. :thumb:
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

Mid-way through level 3 at the moment; no bugs. I wasn't sure exactly how you'd surpass Shadows of Destiny but this has been excellent. Outstanding work, thank you!
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Im glad evereyone is enjoying the mod so far. :)

Minor Update uploaded (Mostly Aesthetic)
- Added new INTERPIC graphic
- Added new CREDIT graphic
- Added new HELP graphic
- Added new Border graphics
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

i hope the android app will soon be updated because i am sure i love this on a small screen and mobile! i am traveling soon and it would be SO nice... i love your work thank you! .. i truly enjoy it.
jazzmaster9

Re: Wolfenstein: Machines of Death - TC - Final Beta V.4.0

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Final Beta version has been uploaded
- Fixed some more misaligned texture

Please continue to send your feedback, suggestions, and bug reports.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”