GZDoom 3.2.5 released

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: GZDoom 3.2.5 released

Post by Rachael »

Mac OS X build updated. The newer Fluidsynth would crash with certain soundfonts - this fix contains a rollback to fix that.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello and happy new year to everyone, just a question...

Is QZDoom port going to receive an update for fixing the aforementioned flaw? I ask it because a few days ago I have been thinking about making the jump from GZDoom to QZDoom due to my rather old laptop, and I would like to know if it would worth make the change between sourceports, or it should be better to keep with most recent GZDoom version...

Thanks in advance for the reply! :)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The dev builds on QZDoom are frequently kept up-to-date with security fixes - but I haven't done a release because of political fuckery. We'll have to see what happens in the coming days and weeks, though.
Kotti

Post by Kotti »

Hexereticdoom wrote:Hello and happy new year to everyone, just a question...

Is QZDoom port going to receive an update for fixing the aforementioned flaw? I ask it because a few days ago I have been thinking about making the jump from GZDoom to QZDoom due to my rather old laptop, and I would like to know if it would worth make the change between sourceports, or it should be better to keep with most recent GZDoom version...

If it's just for performance, prepare to be disappointed. Right now the only significant difference between both ports is some unfinished code to replace the Windows-native EAX editor with one that is implemented as a menu.

The actual software rendering code QZDoom was originally made for got merged into GZDoom a year ago.
Marine-STN

Post by Marine-STN »

Hi, I have a problem playing it in window mode, the game is set to grayscale.
zimxpentagram

Post by zimxpentagram »

Hello, I have a small problem, I downloaded this new version of GZDoom and when I booted it up, all I got was a white screen, I then checked its status and it said that it was not responding, Im using a iMac running on the newest high sierra update and this keeps happening no matter what new version Im using, any help would be greatly appreciated.

(also if i posted this in the wrong place, let me know)
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

What’s the model of iMac? Did previous versions of GZDoom work?
You can help me to investigate the problem if post output of Inspect -> Sample from Activity Monitor.
zimxpentagram

Post by zimxpentagram »

_mental_ wrote:What’s the model of iMac? Did previous versions of GZDoom work?
You can help me to investigate the problem if post output of Inspect -> Sample from Activity Monitor.
Im using a 2013 iMac and the previous versions of GZDoom (in the 3.0 series) have the same problems, and the old 2.0 versions aren't available due to power pc not being on my iMac anymore, Im kinda worried.
Attachments
Sample of GZDoom.txt
here is the sample (hope i did it right)
(70.89 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

The problem is with your TiMidity++ setup. Unfortunately it’s quite hard to figure out what’s wrong remotely.
I suggest you to start GZDoom with "+snd_mididevice -5" command line option to reset MIDI device to FluidSynth.
zimxpentagram

Post by zimxpentagram »

_mental_ wrote:The problem is with your TiMidity++ setup. Unfortunately it’s quite hard to figure out what’s wrong remotely.
I suggest you to start GZDoom with "+snd_mididevice -5" command line option to reset MIDI device to FluidSynth.

How do I do that exactly, where do I go, Im looking for a way to put a the command in but I dont see it.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

If you have more than one IWAD the game selection window will popup. Additional command line can be put there.
But if you have only one IWAD there are two options: edit configuration file manually or launch GZDoom from Terminal.

The first solution is about opening ~/Library/Preferences/gzdoom.ini in any text editor, finding snd_mididevice key, and changing its value to -5 (from -2 I guess).

Alternatively, open Terminal and execute /Applications/GZDoom.app/Contents/MacOS/gzdoom "+snd_mididevice -5"
Of course you may need to adjust path to GZDoom application bundle.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Downloading Freedoom and installing it into your IWAD folder is a good quick way to force the window to appear.

I am starting to think, especially for Mac and Windows, it might be a good idea to force the IWAD box to appear even on one IWAD, unless the user previously disabled it. Also I didn't know that Mac allows you to enter additional command-line options - that would be good to have on Windows, too.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Rachael wrote:I didn't know that Mac allows you to enter additional command-line options - that would be good to have on Windows, too.
The implementation is far from being perfect. If command line options text field is not empty GZDoom will be restated with these options and selected IWAD.
I almost never use it, this feature is more like a quick hack for casual players then something well thought.
zimxpentagram

Post by zimxpentagram »

_mental_ wrote:If you have more than one IWAD the game selection window will popup. Additional command line can be put there.
But if you have only one IWAD there are two options: edit configuration file manually or launch GZDoom from Terminal.

The first solution is about opening ~/Library/Preferences/gzdoom.ini in any text editor, finding snd_mididevice key, and changing its value to -5 (from -2 I guess).

Alternatively, open Terminal and execute /Applications/GZDoom.app/Contents/MacOS/gzdoom "+snd_mididevice -5"
Of course you may need to adjust path to GZDoom application bundle.

Thank you sooo much, it is working now =:)
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

"added optional angles to player's coordinates display"

How do you enable the angle display?

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”