Realms of Dr. Chaos (For Heretic/Gzdoom)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Realms of Dr. Chaos (For Heretic/Gzdoom)

Post by ImpieTwo »

Korell wrote:Okay, I found the destructible wall to get into the tomb, so I've cleared that area now. Also found all of the buttons for the water pillars, though I cannot get to the one in Verag in order to push it. I'm in the room where the Iron Lich was caged and I can see a pillar with a yellow key indicator above it and a button at the bottom, but pressing it does nothing. The area I need to get to in order to be able to walk around to the water pillar button is raised and there are no steps or anything that I can use to get up there. I also don't have a Wings of Wrath flight powerup.
I hope you didn't kill the Iron Lich then, 'cos the only other way to get up there is rather painful (if you also used up your ring of invulnerability).

The yellow key button is what opened the Lich cage.
Korell wrote:Anyway, on a different note, a thought about the fire mace. If the default Heretic fire mace only has a 75% chance of appearing (probably why I haven't got one in episode 2), then could a new weapon be created by the mod that uses the same sprites, attacks, etc. as the fire mace and just spawn that in order to get around the 75% chance of appearance?
I'm seriously considering just removing the 75% appearance factor and having it appear in the same place on all three maps.
Korell

Post by Korell »

ImpieTwo wrote:I hope you didn't kill the Iron Lich then, 'cos the only other way to get up there is rather painful (if you also used up your ring of invulnerability).

Ah, note that I said where the Iron Lich was caged. Yep, I killed it already. Was it supposed to attack me and throw me into the air and onto that raised area? Hmm, I may well be stuck then. I do have a Ring of Invulnerability, but I don't have a Phoenix Rod, so I'm unable to throw myself up there via an explosion.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Korell wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:I hope you didn't kill the Iron Lich then, 'cos the only other way to get up there is rather painful (if you also used up your ring of invulnerability).

Ah, note that I said where the Iron Lich was caged. Yep, I killed it already. Was it supposed to attack me and throw me into the air and onto that raised area? Hmm, I may well be stuck then. I do have a Ring of Invulnerability, but I don't have a Phoenix Rod, so I'm unable to throw myself up there via an explosion.
Maybe you can find one in that tricksy tomb area with a little secret-snooping...
Korell

Post by Korell »

ImpieTwo wrote:Maybe you can find one in that tricksy tomb area with a little secret-snooping...
Yep, found it, and then finished off episode 2. :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

A few minor updates in the latest version. E2 was a little too easy on normal difficulty so I pumped it up a little, and made a few aesthetic changes. Swapped a couple music tracks in E3 as well.

Also I've been posting annotated youtube walkthroughs periodically if anyone is stuck or wants to know how to get the phoenix rod in Episode 1 or 2. Makes life easier.
Korell

Post by Korell »

I finally got around to playing episode 3 a few moments ago. I really like what you did with the map, it was a very cool use of the teleporters. Anyway, I think I found a missing texture. I've put two screenshots, one showing what I think is the missing texture and the other showing the textured map to show you where it is exactly. They are only on my temporary storage, however, but I'll leave them up long enough for you to take a look and see whether it is indeed a missing texture or not.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahjlhlkFQ8ycLl86n
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahjhLyzCZGwdEsAv-
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Korell wrote:I finally got around to playing episode 3 a few moments ago. I really like what you did with the map, it was a very cool use of the teleporters. Anyway, I think I found a missing texture. I've put two screenshots, one showing what I think is the missing texture and the other showing the textured map to show you where it is exactly. They are only on my temporary storage, however, but I'll leave them up long enough for you to take a look and see whether it is indeed a missing texture or not.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahjlhlkFQ8ycLl86n
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuJ5mA00BwgahjhLyzCZGwdEsAv-
Thanks for the heads up. It's probably a vertex sitting on a decimal position that needs to be nudged a bit.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Played through the first map again and one thing came to mind. The way D'Sparil is set up, you only need to kill one of them, because his death kills all other monsters in the map, found this out by accident after telefragging one in the arena :P

Also, if you still haven't figured out the MaceSpawner, here it is:

Code: Select all

actor macespawner2 : SpecialSpot replaces macespawner
{
  +NOSECTOR
  +NOBLOCKMAP
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    TNT1 A 1
    TNT1 A -1 A_SpawnSingleItem("NewMace", 0, 0, 0)
    Stop
  }
}
The zeroes denote a failchance (out of 256) for the mace to appear in singleplayer, coop and deathmatch, respectively.
For reference, the default is A_SpawnSingleItem("Mace", 64, 64, 0)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Otherwise I could just mod the firemace to be less useless in general. Or replace it with a super duper weapon or something.

Remember it's a puzzle mod. You didn't kill that lich, did you? If so, your only chance of reaching it is taking a bump with the phoenix rod...if you were able to find it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”