[WIP] Hunter's Moon V3.6.1 (QC Sorlag and couple more stuff)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.3 (Age of Abilities)

Post by Marisa the Magician »

OK, I need to know some things first. I want to see the output of your glxinfo, and also I need to know the distribution you're using.

Also, what renderer are you using? Is it OpenGL or one of the software renderers? (because those have confirmed issues with transparency in models).
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

Actually, before doing anything, test with GZDoom 3.2.3. The first version with that Mesa OpenGL profile selection fix is 3.2.2.
q3cpma

Post by q3cpma »

It works perfectly with 3.2.3, must have been this. Thanks for the help, I totally forgot that core profile thing.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

And here's the annoying Zandronum guy again...

How long until the Zandro version?
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Hmm so seems there was really an issue with GZDoom in the older versions, i wonder how many people don't know that GZD 3.2.3 fixes that issue since i see many sticking to 3.2.1.
SoundOfDarkness wrote:And here's the annoying Zandronum guy again...

How long until the Zandro version?
I wouldn't consider annoying, almost nobody is posting in the thread all that much already, maybe because the mod is already 7 years old :P

Anyways, as i said in ModDB, for each 2 Versions of GZDoom that is released, one will be ported to Zandronum (or at least i have to try), 2.9.1 was the first, this one i will try to bring it during this week, then only in 2.9.5 things will come up again for Zandro.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

since i see many sticking to 3.2.1.
3.2.3 was released yesterday and 3.2.2 was released on Saturday*, so there hasn't been enough time for everyone to update to it... :wink:

*3.2.3 was released right after 3.2.2 because it lacked some important things. In fact, I believe 3.2.2 compilation was broken on Linux and macOS.
BFG

Post by BFG »

love this mod! have you ever thought of doing a standalone doom3 monster pack?
Also I noticed another mod (total chaos) used 3D models and they adjusted the turn speed of the enemies so that the models don't turn so quickly as if they were sprites. I know it is possible and would improve your mod greatly, especially for bigger monsters.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Recently, yes i have been thinking in release some of the monsters as separate resources, specially now that i'm mixing them a bit between Doom 3 and Doom 2016.

As for Total Chaos, well that mod works under its own tricky codes to work the way it does, i'm not sure if they migrated their code to ZScript already but at any case i don't think they allow to use their resources, and even so probably for the way the thing was done there for its specific maps with few enemies only, probably would impact performance on this mod due to it work in regular maps and if you pick a slaughterfest map, boom there goes your FPS.

I always try to keep the code of the mod minimalistic and efficient for what it does, probably that is the only reason this mod works in potato computers when playing vanilla maps for the quality it have.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I did wonder about efficient coding, since I can run this mod with vanilla maps on my potato machine.

I second the release of standalone 3D models, as all those I've been able to find so far are very old and outdated, or just don't seem to work at all.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

I have a few suggestions for special moves for some characters:

Sarge: Summon a fleet of bombardment drones with a v-pattern flying forwards dropping bombs.
Anarki: Dark Railgun with infinite ammo for 20 seconds.
Slash: Double speed and double jump for 20 seconds.
Xaero: Spawn a yin-yang symbol to the ground where you get health regeneration, armor regeneration and double damage which lasts 30 seconds.
Uriel: Simply the powerup in Pankiller where you're able to destroy everything by clicking fire button and everything becomes black and white.
Hunter: Summon a phoenix that assists player by setting enemies on fire (good lock finding the model for that).
Bones: Resurrect enemies near you which later fight for you.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Oh yeah i was waiting for people to give ideas for abilities, and you gave interesting ones.

But well, i already have plans for Anarki, Slash and Uriel, as well Crash for the next version, now for those other ones definetely is something to i think about, with exception of Bones one that is not possible due the way i coded the monsters death state, everything else can be done.
Zanieon

Post by Zanieon »

Ahoy fellas, passing by to drop a new Music pack.

Madness of an Epic Massacre - Volume 2 is out! Check Add-on downloads in OP.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.4 (Moar Abilities!)

Post by Zanieon »

Version 2.9.4 Released! Today i'll be on a trip to beach and will stay away for the next 7 days probably, so this Version is the last for this year, and since i'll be away from internet there (i think) so here's my...

As usual, here is some showcase of what you're going to find in this Version:

D3athStalker

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.4 (Moar Abilities!)

Post by D3athStalker »

Better than QC Visor's Widowmaker sights.

Also, Slipstream Surge's effect also looks dope, maybe increase the surge radius? Because it pales drastically compared to Visor's Gravity Hammer.
Zanieon

Re: [WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.5 (More stuffz)

Post by Zanieon »

Version 2.9.5 released folks! On this one make sure to check your binds again for the extra controls the mod has, that Extra-Player Setup menu was merged with the regular Player Setup.

Glimpse of the Version as usual.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”