Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

bowserknight

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.91 garbage day

Post by bowserknight »

Hege Cactus wrote:
bowserknight wrote:Another double-post... but well, just wanted to say that I'm working on a little showcase map where you can choose a demon then have to fight each of its color one by one, just for fun and to test some things out. So far I've only completed the Imp path but I plan on doing this for every single monster even if it's tedious and needs scripts for every single encounter.
Well if you're gonna go through the trouble to make it, then oh my I would love to see the finished product
I will go through the trouble, it's quite fun making it! So far I've finished 5 out of the 13 possible monster paths and they should all be pretty beatable. But I noticed how tedious it is to fight some of the bosses, especially the garbage Spectre or the white Archvile, having such high HP but not being able to hit them frequently makes those fights a little too long but that's just my opinion, nothing I couldn't live with.

And happy new year!
Looking forward to see the white Caco.

EDIT: Oh and what do you mean by "optional enemy tiers"? How does that work?
Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.91 garbage day

Post by Hege Cactus »

bowserknight wrote:
EDIT: Oh and what do you mean by "optional enemy tiers"? How does that work?
monster tiers you can toggle on or off in the options menu

Edit:
There was some more oversights and bugs I had not noticed in the last build
I released a 0.925b version that should fix most of them now
Hopefully there isnt any other bugs that cause issues
4thcharacter

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.925b Eye scream

Post by 4thcharacter »

That white caco is just nasty.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

Yeah it's kinda like the red Baron, doesn't look that special with its attacks and all, then you kill it and suddenly hell is unleashed haha. The way those orbs orbit around the boss kinda reminds me of a SHMUP game, don't know why.

By the way, do the monsters have any "official" names, like the Juggernaut or Benellus for example? Because I wanna at least give the boss monsters names in the map I'm working on. Some seem to have names already but for some, like the black Imp, I have no idea how to call them. It's not that important however, just curious.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

The Red Baron is just pure badassness while the White caco is just pure creepy and ugh

I guess I could share what I gave the boss enemies with their tags as a suggestion. They have their own tags but before Hege gave them those I already gave way before for me because it just looks ugly with the JP Healthbar hud. Some of them are real simple.
Spoiler:
Lime

Post by Lime »

The White Caco is too much and painful to kill. Gore is nice from rocket kills.

- I recommend playing this mod with Highway to Hell or Flakes Doom. Literally is just some weapon's mod with altfires. Highway to Hell has different altfires which helps from slaughtermaps.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

White Caco's gonna give someone nightmares.

I know I'm kinda late (most likely missed an update, or two), but I've just started working on the recent version of Guncaster Patch, which will also include Black and White Nazis.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

That white caco is just nasty.
The White Caco is too much and painful to kill. Gore is nice from rocket kills.
White Caco's gonna give someone nightmares.
Mission complete
bowserknight wrote: By the way, do the monsters have any "official" names, like the Juggernaut or Benellus for example? Because I wanna at least give the boss monsters names in the map I'm working on. Some seem to have names already but for some, like the black Imp, I have no idea how to call them. It's not that important however, just curious.
Well there isn't any real official names apart from the few obvious cases like Benellus, Juggernauth, The Butcher, Player 9, The Black Knight, UnderTaker, The General, Rogue and maybe few others Ive forgotten
I tend to just go with their colour names honestly.
I know I'm kinda late (most likely missed an update, or two), but I've just started working on the recent version of Guncaster Patch, which will also include Black and White Nazis.
Oooh I'm looking forward to that!

Also in other news, it appears that the white vile isn't actually as merciful with the scream as it was suppoused to be
There will be an update in the near future that should fix that and few other small issues
I'll also be doing some balance tweaks, specially towards resistances and weaknesses.

You can also look forward to a new white tier monster, he'll be a fun one.
bowserknight

Post by bowserknight »

I'm betting on either a white Pain Elemental or Revenant, since they're both the "weakest" of the missing white monsters.

As for the white Caco, I called it the "Eye of Madness", seems to fit pretty well with its opening message. I really like it but that one attack in its 2nd phase where it shoots these fast, homing eyeballs at you is just a pain, it happens too quick for you to react to it in my opinion, kinda like the Vile scream. But apart from that, really cool boss.

By the way, I'm about 70% done with my map, don't have much time to work on it each day. Only the strong monsters are missing now, designing boss rooms for them will be pretty interesting.
nakkemake

Post by nakkemake »

Hi all!

I always wanted to play Colourfull Hell with Project Brutality, but there were serious compability issues. I used countless hours to try to perfect the compability. Its not 100% compatible - so there may be some bugs left. I Recommend playing it with UV+FAST option, because I added colourfull HP drops aswell. By the way: Its works great on Multiplayer too! I had fun with my friend playing every official doom wad(and fan wads) with it!

So here goes:

https://www.4shared.com/file/ccahbL9uei ... ell88.html
https://www.4shared.com/file/PLED5gZYca ... y_203.html

Mirrors if links doesnt work
https://secufiles.com/mbeF/Project_Brutality_2.03.pk3
https://secufiles.com/mbeB/ColourfullHell88.pk3

PM ME IF LINKS ARE DOWN!

Do note that these do NOT work with any other gameplay wads since they are modified with hard hand. Oh, and you need them both to play, otherwise it will crash hard.

I do not take any credit! Credits goes to Guys who made Project Brutality and Hege Cactus for Colourfull Hell. Sharing is caring.
Enjoy! 8-)

*EDIT 1.4.2018
Repaired the links
Last edited by nakkemake on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i think green chaingunner is a bit op compared to other chains,he can always hit you on long distances until you hide somewhere
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Gorec wrote:i think green chaingunner is a bit op compared to other chains,he can always hit you on long distances until you hide somewhere

If there's a chaingunner who can do that, I think it would be the blue one who can be also exploited. The green, like the red one has some ridiculous recoil.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

so i used kinsie s test map(that big starting room) and here is the result - bluechain can hit me from the other side but the damage will be 1 or 2 and you can dodge it,redchain can hit you with almost any shot and you cant dodge it but when i touched the wall in the end of the hall he missed all shots(like he wasnt even shooting but the animation was still there)so i got a bit closer and it started again,same with greenchain
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

The funny thing with the blue chain gunner is that when you want to hide behind a monster while he's shooting you, you can hide behind a flying enemy (or even a grounded one) and if they are much more higher than you just go behind them, and watch it annoy the enemy above and get killed while you get off unscathed with less effort on your end.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

report on White Archvile

its Splinching Attack CANNOT be dodged or prevented in anymanner once it happens, I was playing with DRLA and used a personal teleport at the very start of his attack (got teleported to start of level) but it still got me and I saved it at the very moment and loaded about...10 times in order to further test anything else that can prevent it, no success.

the evil eyes count as kills and they should disappear after he is killed but nope.(so no 100% kills)

over all he is the MOST hardest enemy I have ever fought and can't kill him without God mode,

comparing to LCA as well cause, he cannot be stopped from chasing you and won't give you a breather either (18000 health)...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”