Kate Fox

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Wartorn

Kate Fox

Post by Wartorn »

Regretfully, it's to my heartache to report that we've lost a former veteran of the ZDoom community, Kate Fox (Also known as SnowKate709, and Pink Silver), in the early morning of December 19th.

Kate was a brilliant programmer, and has been known to produce some great, interesting content, such as her solo initiatives A_RandomMod, Pokemon DOOM: Titanium, Krazy Kate, and Error: DOOM. She's been known to dabble in source code modding as well, going so far as attempting the ambitious task of rewriting Doom in Python, and has also been a major contributor to Kyle873's DoomRPG. She was not only friendly and helpful to everyone she's been around, but also had a very fun sense of humor, often playing off fellow community veterans. She was also very supportive of a number of our own during their darkest times, and for that we can't thank her enough.

At 3:30AM, the building she was sleeping in caught on fire overnight. Alongside her were numerous computers, forms, paintings and files being stored there. By the time her house mates learned of the situation, she had already passed.

As of this time (9:30PM EST), nobody knows what started the fire, but based on existing information, her loved ones believe she has passed peacefully.

This is not the end of it. Kate was living with another fellow ZDoom community member, BouncyTEM. The residence was his family's home- and he has lost more than just everything. Bouncy has been severely traumatized with the horror that has befallen his family, on top of the loss of his best friend.

Rest in peace, Kaitlyn Fox.

Service details are currently pending, if any. Inquiries about donations to aid Bouncy directly can be made here
Last edited by Wartorn on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadelight

Re: Kate Fox

Post by Shadelight »

I don't know what to say except Rest in Peace, Kate.
Kyle873

Post by Kyle873 »

She will be dearly missed. Not only did she help me with Doom RPG, but she was also an amazing friend who was always there for people when they needed it. Taking the time out of whatever she was doing to talk and offer advice or just be there to listen to your problems if you were having a shitty day. She was an honest voice of reason that would stop you from making potentially life-destroying decisions out of blind emotion or spite. She was truly selfless, and deserved to succeed even through all the unfortunate circumstances which had surrounded her. I'll never forget her or the things she taught me not only as a programmer, but as a friend, too. You will be missed by many, and wherever you may be now, I truly hope it's a much better, peaceful place than here.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Kate was probably one of the most helpful people I've ever spoken to. There's a reason she wound up in the credits of so many of my mods - it was thanks to her that I somehow got over my crippling fear of ACS. I'd really missed seeing her around.

I can only send my well-wishes to Bouncy and his family, and all others involved.

(salute)
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Well, this is pretty awful. Rest in peace.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

I've always enjoyed talking to Kate when she was around. Truly a bright young woman. The world grows a bit dimmer now without her. Rest in peace, Kate. I'll never forget your laugh.
chungy

Post by chungy »

Condolenses to her family. I only infrequently talked to her but she will be missed.
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Even if we haven't talked much in the past few years, even if I'm basically nonexistent in this community anymore, I feel like I've lost a family member. I still kept up even if I was mostly silent. Kate is one of my oldest and longest friends. Please rest in peace. You were someone who genuinely deserved better than what you had in life.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

oh no
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

As one of her closest friends... this is truly and sincerely one of the most ghoulish pieces of news I could have ever woken up to. It's not processing.
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

My heart hurts.

I love you Kate ♥️💔
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Kate was one of my greatest inspirations and a great person. She's the reason I do what I do, my greatest regret is that I never got to know her as well as I should have.
I'm still in a great amount of shock, even though I heard several hours ago. I feel like something has emptied out inside me.
This is truly a great loss for the world. Rest in peace, and may her soul find eternal solace.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Her influence in the community has been widespread, and she will not be forgotten anytime soon. My deepest condolences.
Naniyue

Post by Naniyue »

I hope she at least lived life to the fullest!
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

o7

Return to “Off-Topic”