Menu line sounding

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Apeirogon

Menu line sounding

Post by Apeirogon »

Just what it said. Add opportunity attach DIFFERENT sound to different menu/submenu lines, with vanilla pistol_shoot.wav at not edited lines.
Like, if press "options" it say "you press options", press "save game" it say "save scumming, mmmmm??"
More preciesly, I want make playerclass that after chosing say ONE OF IT one-liner/catch phrase. Like if choose first playerclass it say "Today I will command the parade", or "I am the emperor will manifest", or "And besides, I believe that Carthage must be destroyed..." and other that I record with my hissing and cheap microphone.
_mental_

Re: Menu line sounding

Post by _mental_ »

Create own menu class(es) in ZScript and use MenuSound() function for any action you want.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Dont know this exist...
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

That can be brought up here - a place you are already familiar with. :) It would be better to go there since here any relevant info here will just get loss in the mess of other stuff going on and that's not fair to someone else who may wish to do this in the future.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Rachael wrote:That can be brought up here - a place you are already familiar with. :) It would be better to go there since here any relevant info here will just get loss in the mess of other stuff going on and that's not fair to someone else who may wish to do this in the future.
Agreed, but how do I, or any non developer guy, know what gzdoom can and what cant?

Like, now I try make barrel which act like real, if you hit it, it start stream from hole and make pool near barrel, until liquid which left in them dont drop below hole level, which next can be ignited, and only then, if pool near the barrel and in barrel left liquid, it explode, if liquid flammable.
I have barrel model, know how evaluate what speed have stream if liquid level was x and hole at height y, know how get where bullet hit barrel, how fast liquid must spill with defined radius of hole, even can make barrel "explode" wihout explosion, Pascal's law, after which entire room become extremely flammable/toxic/or what was in that barrel?, but I stuck in half way making stream.

If I use actor, many actors, to make it look like stream, gzdoom change genre from "arcade actoin-shooter" to "turn base strategy" due...well I dont know why gzdoom can not into many actors onto screen.I try it with gigabyte motherboard, two i5 and two gtx 980 with 128 gb ddr3, it works, but did you see many people with that hardware? And since this dont already fixed this is isnt bug, but feature. Or it unfixable.

I cant use model to this, since it required too many models, because every second stream changing. The more liquid spill, the less pressure, and the less horizonlat velocity, have jet and it shape more and more steep arc until it dont start flow to the surface of barrel. And gzdoom can not into skeletal animations, doll animations, or how it named, I forgot, I think you get, and can not even slightly change shape model. And what if hole on top of barrel, or near base? For every possible variant make own stream model?

So I must use particle to make stream effect looks more-less like real without "DooM 2: Turn Base Strategy". I look to wiki and found A_SpawnParticle functions that fit to my needs. But particle dont take into account when engine evaluate collides.So I must ask add particle type/function which can be checked with engine by collide, after which particle must spawn some actor.

Yes, pool can be done with current existing particle using invisible actor that drop from hole in particle jet every 3/4/5 tick and after hitting ground spawn little pool.
But what if I want perforate barrel, kick it to enemy and than say "You gonna burn, alright..." light fuel trail, which explode barrel and send enemy back to stardust, from which we all made? How can I join all separate drop in this case? Does someone in scripting forum can help me with this?
And this is only first problem that come in my mind.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I've decided to move this into the Scripting forum so you can keep getting help instead of using a Closed Features thread for it. (It's more searchable that way, too.)
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

wildweasel wrote:I've decided to move this into the Scripting forum so you can keep getting help instead of using a Closed Features thread for it. (It's more searchable that way, too.)
I only now see where it is.
This was just a example. I work with realistic hp system (after hit enemy start bleed, blood ammount limited, etc) and in process think "what if I make thous barrel"

Return to “Scripting”