[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [v1.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

This update seems like a badass one. I am going to give it a try tomorrow. I also thought on writing storyboards like Deii made for Aracnocide, but i got lazy :p

Keep it up!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice update! The only feedback I have so far is that I feel like the magnum is a bit too strong of a starter weapon for a lot of monster packs, vanilla monsters included. It feels like it should be a stronger weapon you find while you start with a Luger or P38 kind of pistol like Wolfenstein. For example, using the Kriegsland enemies or BD Monsters you're gibbing basically everything under a pinkie, and sometimes pinkies as well with it. I know you won't be able to balance this perfectly with every monster set though, so that's just my feeling on it for some of the more obvious monster pack choices.

The scope on the AR is nice as well, but feels like it could use some work visually; the red around the edges is distracting and doesn't look as good as an actual scoped view would (with a scope around the lens, instead of just red around the normal screen).
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

I have to admit I do agree with @Ghost, after playing with this mod a fair bit I do notice that the starting weapon "Magnum" is way to powerful for dealing with basic foes since it 1 Hit KO's the 3 weakest foes "Zombieman, Shotgunner and Imp" however Instead of nerfing it or removing the magnum considering that handgun is way to much fun to remove "It makes me feel like I'm playing as Dirty Harry, just shooting all the goons or depending on mod Zombies and Nazis" I would consider adding a Low Caliber Pistol as a starter weapon.

Give it it's own upgrade tree so it would not be completely shit when all of the bigger guns are acquired and only have the magnum drop from chaingunners "most reasonable mappacks do not spawn these until Map03" Or Bullet Boxes considering the power of the magnum.

and before people get a little upset about weapon slot bloating Nothing Occupies Slot 1 since the melee attacks are used via a quick attack button I would consider Placing the both the starting Low Caliber Pistol and the magnum on Slot 1.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I don't mind the magnum honestly. It makes the Lootbox Mod bearable.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, that's all I meant. It's a good gun, feels great to fire, just seems too powerful as a starting weapon. It's definitely going to depend on what monsters you're pairing the mod with, yeah, but most of the ones I've played it's been gibbing everything. The difficulties also make things kind of messy too depending on if your accompanying mod has its own difficulties or not.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Or, i can try to do a workaround and make Kriegsland enemies not gib under deathstalker's bullet puff.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Thanks for the opinions.

I can a lighter pistol which uses 9mm as a starter weapon with its own upgradable parts while Magnum and SMG are later obtainable from Chaingunners instead of Zombiemen.

I'm thinking of something like Handgun 1960 from TNO, which has a big magazine, burst fire and single fire w/ a silencer.
mutator

Post by mutator »

D3athStalker wrote:Thanks for the opinions.

I can a lighter pistol which uses 9mm as a starter weapon with its own upgradable parts while Magnum and SMG are later obtainable from Chaingunners instead of Zombiemen.

I'm thinking of something like Handgun 1960 from TNO, which has a big magazine, burst fire and single fire w/ a silencer.
I played the mod and so far I love it as it is, no need for a change... are you planning to add upgrades into other rest of the weapons as well? also if you fully upgrade all the weapons that you are able to, what can you do with the upgrade parts you pick up?
mutator

Post by mutator »

is it possible to add body upgrades as well? like if you use it instead of default 100 health your new default health increase to 110 so your health gets increased by 10%
TheLightBad96

Post by TheLightBad96 »

@deathstalker, the SMG drop for zombiemen is alright considering that the SMG isn't that OP. by giving the SMG drop to the chaingunner it would turn him into a walking armory considering he already drops the Assault Rifle, Gatling Gun and in your plan the magnum.

The 9mm handgun's special stuff like burst fire can be acquired through the upgrade system.

Primary- fires one accurate shot that is accurate against targets at medium range.
Secondary- you attach a suppressor to the Handgun for stealthy killing, Lowers base damage by 15% and base accuracy by 10%.

Ammo Upgrade - +P ammo (increase damage by 20%)
Internal Upgrades - 3 Round Burst Mode ( Unsuppressed mode ) Improved Accuracy for suppressed mode
Magazine Upgrade - upgrades the mag size from 12 to 21

also for players that do wish to start with the magnum instead of the 9mm Handgun I would recommend giving people the option to choose so If people want to enjoy their power fantasy or have a chance of survival when playing with monster mods that pit you against some really deadly foes from the start then they can enjoy blowing things away with their Magnum.

Also few minor gripes with the new version. I miss the old altfire for the Black Hole Gun but I gather that was removed due how OP it was, I can learn to live with that.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

I played the mod and so far I love it as it is, no need for a change... are you planning to add upgrades into other rest of the weapons as well? also if you fully upgrade all the weapons that you are able to, what can you do with the upgrade parts you pick up?
Maybe for Gatling, but I'm not thinking to add upgrades for BFG and DMG, they are already ridiculously strong :P . I'd love to hear your opinions about other upgradable parts of weapons.

Well, they become obsolete after all weapons are upgraded. They are slightly rare, anyways.
is it possible to add body upgrades as well? like if you use it instead of default 100 health your new default health increase to 110 so your health gets increased by 10%
Good idea, might add another upgrade kit for the Blazkowicz's artificial body which improves his health, toughness, speed and stuff like that.

I really want to add a Wolfenstein-style regeneration where the health regenerates up to multiply of 20 after taking a health pickup or taking damage and slowly degenerates down to 100 when it's above 100. But I can't since my ACS skills are shit.
the SMG drop for zombiemen is alright considering that the SMG isn't that OP. by giving the SMG drop to the chaingunner it would turn him into a walking armory considering he already drops the Assault Rifle, Gatling Gun and in your plan the magnum.

The 9mm handgun's special stuff like burst fire can be acquired through the upgrade system.

Primary- fires one accurate shot that is accurate against targets at medium range.
Secondary- you attach a suppressor to the Handgun for stealthy killing, Lowers base damage by 15% and base accuracy by 10%.

Ammo Upgrade - +P ammo (increase damage by 20%)
Internal Upgrades - 3 Round Burst Mode ( Unsuppressed mode ) Improved Accuracy for suppressed mode
Magazine Upgrade - upgrades the mag size from 12 to 21

also for players that do wish to start with the magnum instead of the 9mm Handgun I would recommend giving people the option to choose so If people want to enjoy their power fantasy or have a chance of survival when playing with monster mods that pit you against some really deadly foes from the start then they can enjoy blowing things away with their Magnum.

Also few minor gripes with the new version. I miss the old altfire for the Black Hole Gun but I gather that was removed due how OP it was, I can learn to live with that.
Good idea, I think you mean Piercing rounds for the ammunition upgrade.

It's not about the OPness, I just didn't like the feeling of it, but I might add a cvar which can brings that one back. In fact, the new one is more OP, since it can wipe out the infamous room full of Barons and a Cyberdemon in MAP08 clean with one shot.
TheLightBad96

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Not exactly, P+ bullets are basically stronger bullets, without getting into much of the technical BS the round has a bit more powder than your average 9mm round thus giving the bullet more energy for stopping power, note that there are some issues with using this type of ammo in real life depending on the firearm you use but considering that this is a video game the whole realism thing can take a backseat "after all why make the game ultra realistic when you can make the game fun" . more about this subject in the wikipedia article below It provides a lot more info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpressure_ammunition
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

NapalmKraftWerk's pickup message still says 'Autocannon' in it.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Not exactly, P+ bullets are basically stronger bullets, without getting into much of the technical BS the round has a bit more powder than your average 9mm round thus giving the bullet more energy for stopping power, note that there are some issues with using this type of ammo in real life depending on the firearm you use but considering that this is a video game the whole realism thing can take a backseat "after all why make the game ultra realistic when you can make the game fun" . more about this subject in the wikipedia article below It provides a lot more info.
OK then, so "P" is used as a symbol of pressure, then.
NapalmKraftWerk's pickup message still says 'Autocannon' in it.
Lol, I got extremely lazy and neglectful when it came to changing Autocannon's name ... Hell, even dual wield message says "Autocannon" in it. Will completely change it along with its coding stuff in the following update.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

*Sniff* I already miss that Auto shotgun. maybe you can increase the Pumps Fire Rate and give it A 20 round mag to make function similarly. Also Grimhammer makes the Super shotty completely pointless. but Whatever I guess..

Return to “Gameplay Mods”