Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valherran

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by Valherran »

IIRC, Heresshield always reflects everything back at you.
Only non-homing projectiles reflected back before, the ones that did home in just exploded on impact dealing no damage. At high levels though, he takes way too damn long to kill because of his damn shield being up so often. I'd rather bite the bullet and not get the completion bonus than dance around him for 15 min.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Seems you are wrong.
And moreover, i have a test of vanilla Hexen now and found that Heresshield reflects all, with except quoted things. Homing projectiles from Bloodscourge and Wraithverge ghosts reflects too. :|

If make assumption that you means heresshield behaviour (doesn't reflect something) in older WoC versions, then it probably was a bug which has been fixed in the newer versions of WoC.
lwks

Post by lwks »

SomeDude wrote:Probably a bit late to the party, but it seems that Wrath of Cronos has been updated recently!
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... thofcronos
Now it's beta 2 and it seems that only works with Zandronum.
WAIT! I THOUGH THIS SHIT WAS DEAD! WHAT IS HAPPENING? :shock:
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

2 lwks:
IT live... Again!

2 Valherran:
Just a few more words about Heressield. I don't know bug is that or a feature but Doom_Heresiarch from wrathofcronosr2b_extramonsv11.pk3 (but not from wrathofcronosdoomrandom2b.pk3) is have very strange shield: it doesn't protect from incoming damage by any sources which are can damage him usually AND does rebound projectiles simultaneously. Maybe that is intentional nerf.
Look at the damage numbers while shield is active.
Look at the damage numbers while shield is active.
Also his purple chain at least is twice longer than vanilla Heresiarch chain.

-----------
Btw, have found a two Metamorph related bugs:
1) If you are load game which are was saved while Metamorph skill is active, then Metamorph form will stay permanently.
2) Equiped Polymorph Protection Rune prevents morphing into demonic form. This is feature maybe, but in that case accessory description should be fixed, imho.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

I think the first one is a common morph-related bug - D4D has a warning message that you shouldn't save/reload (or finish a map) while transformed by a demon rune, or you will be stuck in the morph.
As for the second one, from the engine's point of view a "positive" morph is the same as a "negative" one, and I don't think you can differentiate between the two, unless it's possible to make the skill remove morph protection before activation.

Also, now I finally realize why WhamNinjaMolehill couldn't make Metamorph work in his Necro playthrough.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

worldendDominator wrote:Also, now I finally realize why WhamNinjaMolehill couldn't make Metamorph work in his Necro playthrough.
Because he wore the PPR?

What about second point, I had test it and found that seems are you right - PPR can be worn after morphing.
Well, I am isn't modmaker or programmer but I think that developer should to "mark" the "positive" morph somehow as excluded from the engine's definition of polymorph state or a something. But it's probably, your way is easier.

Anyway with except of those two things looks like the Metamorph is work correctly in all types of WoC games (Heretic\Hexen\Doom\Doom_RandomMon\Doom_ExtraRandomMon). On GZDoom 2.2 at least.
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

Void Weaver wrote:2 lwks:
IT live... Again!

2 Valherran:
Just a few more words about Heressield. I don't know bug is that or a feature but Doom_Heresiarch from wrathofcronosr2b_extramonsv11.pk3 (but not from wrathofcronosdoomrandom2b.pk3) is have very strange shield: it doesn't protect from incoming damage by any sources which are can damage him usually AND does rebound projectiles simultaneously. Maybe that is intentional nerf.
_Extramon_Vulnerable_Heresshield.JPG
Also his purple chain at least is twice longer than vanilla Heresiarch chain.

-----------
Btw, have found a two Metamorph related bugs:
1) If you are load game which are was saved while Metamorph skill is active, then Metamorph form will stay permanently.
2) Equiped Polymorph Protection Rune prevents morphing into demonic form. This is feature maybe, but in that case accessory description should be fixed, imho.
Where can I find the new downloads for WOC?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

lwks

Post by lwks »

Valherran wrote:
Thankfuly I still have the 1.8A files here, but how do I know which are the current main files?

Edit: What the hell it doesn't work with GZDoom?

Also, I just played four levels of Doom 2 without the Doom Patch, what the hell is the new Doom patch for?
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Valherran wrote:If you had read the previous posts, your question would have been answered.

The MOD doesn't work on GZDoom 2.4

You need to use 2.2
EDIT:
vidumec wrote:the mod does work on latest gzdoom versions, the 629 errors are of the same type and easy to fix with SLADE, granted i first misinterpreted the parameter that was causing the errors and replaced it with something else but it ended up working just fine
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2IErg ... 54S1U/view here are the fixed files for doom, meaning no heretic or masters of chaos patches
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

A some changes from 2.0b to 2.0c2:

Major Changes:
*Class specialization system was added - after reach 15th level you can choose 1 of 3 spec path, each of them have contain a 3 passive skills for now. //(and 1 active spec skill in future versions probably)//
*Class spec option has avalable in ingame menu.
*Scroll of Reversion item was added for total respec.

Classes:
-Warrior
*Criticals by Fists primary fire doesn't harm ghostly enemies anymore.
*Warrior Specs
**Destroyer: "A battle hardened warrior who uses overbearing strength to cut foes down."
***Passive: Bloodlust (Killing an enemy grants a short duration damage buff)
***Passive: Vigor (Critical Strikes now restore a small amount of Magick)
***Passive: Relentless (Landing melee attacks increases your strength for 4 seconds. This can stack indefinitely)
**Vanguard: "A stalwart protector with powerful defenses, protecting themselves and allies."
***Passive: Temperance (Taking damage reduces subsequent damage received by 6%, and stacks up to 30%)
***Passive: Presence (Nearby enemies are more likely to attack you)
***Passive: Second Wind (Your health regeneration is increased by 2% for every 1% of missing health)
**Commander: "A veteran of battle whose presence motivates nearby allies."
***Passive: Inspire (Landing critical hits also heal allies)
***Passive: Intimidate (War Cry causes enemies to take 25% increased damage)
***Passive: Rally (Battle Shout also reduces the damage allies take by 15%)

-Cleric
*Cleric Specs
**Purifier: "A wielder of holy light, smities foes and bolstering allies."
***Passive: Blessed Ground (Consecration now also heals allies for each pulse)
***Passive: Deep Healing (Heals are increased by 0.5% per 1% of the target's missing health.)
***Passive: Sanctuary (Holy Shield can now block monsters)
**Oracle: "Watchers of the afterlife, using the spirits of the dead to wreak havoc on enemies."
***Passive: Martyrdom (Summon Legend no longer has a time limit and is considere a pet. Any extra time given by Curse and Wraiths is converted into bonus health.)
***Passive: Judgement (Visions can now also convert enemies in a small AoE)
***Passive: Punishment (Curse now explodes, dealing damage at the end of its duration)
**Inquisitor: "A righteous crusader who strikes down foes with blunted strikes empowered by the scars of battle."
***Passive: Blood Gift (Attacks with Sacrifice empowered attacks now also heal the cleric for 10% of his missing health)
***Passive: Aura Mastery (Auras now give the cleric a 10% additional boost.)
***Passive: Bathed in Light (Whenever Intervention is triggered, you also gain a 50% damage boost and 50% damage resistance for twice the duration)

-Hunter
*Nature's Salve is affected by WIS now.
*Hunter Specs
**Marksman: "A sharpshooter who uses ranged weaponry to kill from afar."
***Passive: Focus (Standing still for 5 seconds grants a 2x damage bonus)
***Passive: Mobility (The Enchanted Bow no longer slows you when drawn)
***Passive: Farsight (Unlocks your weapon's ability to zoom, granting a 2x zoom effect and a 25% damage increase. Does not apply to Machete.)
**Duelist: "Aa agile fighter who uses speed and precision to overwhelm enemies."
***Passive: Laceration (The Machete now forces pain and causes enemies to bleed overtime)
***Passive: Posthaste (You gain a speed boost whenever you take damage)
***Passive: Deterrance (Your machete strikes now block projectiles)
**Survivalist: "An expert in self preservation, using their wits and cunning to dispatch foes."
***Passive: Trap Launching (Bear Trap, Spike Trap and Noxious Trap can now be lobbed a short distance away)
***Passive: Potent Salve (Nature's Salve heals health over 5 seconds instead of 10)
***Passove: Entrapment (Whenever a trap is triggered, you restore magick equal to 25% of its cost)

-Necromancer
*Curses isn't hitscan now.
*Life Tap can't be applied on non-living targets anymore.
*Life Tap can't be applied on the revived creatures anymore.
*Necromancer Specs
**Plaguebringer: "A master of poisons and toxins, spreadin disease all around to bring foes an agonyzing death."
***Passive: Epidemic (Poison attacks now fully explosive and have a 50% larger splash radius)
***Passive: Plague (Poisonous projectiles now cause extra poison damage over time)
***Passive: Outbreak (Any monster that is killed by you explodes in Blight)
**Harvester: "A manipulator of souls who uses them to either bolster allies or impair enemies."
***Passive: Defilement (Curse abilities now also afflict nearby enemies) //The curses radius depends on its slvl//
***Passive: Reap (Nearby enemies have a chance to drop a soul upon death, restoring some health and mana)
***Passive: Blood Bound (Whenever you are healed, you also heal nearby allies for 25% of the healing received)
**Conjuror: "Master of death, raising the dead and commanding summons to overwhelm enemies."
***Passive: Servitude (Whenever a summon is killed, restore magick equal to 50% of its cost)
***Passive: Deathly Renewal (Summon health regeneration is doubled)
***Passive: Unholy Infusion (Having a Shadow out makes you ghostlike, having a Ghoul out reduces damage taken by 15%, having a Revenant out increases your speed by 15%, having a Death Knight out increases damage by 15%)

-Mage
*Mage Specs
**Pyro: "A spellcaster igniting enemies with gouts of fire and flame."
***Passive: Flame Mastery (All fire damage dealt is increased by 10%)
***Passive: Molten Shield (Reduces fire damage taken by 20% and causes attacking monsters to take damage)
***Passive: Blast Wave (Explosive fire damage now inflict full damage in it's splash radius)
**Iceborn: "A wielder of ice and cold who freezes and shatters enemies in their tracks."
***Passive: Ice Mastery (All ice damage is increased by 10%)
***Passive: Ice Armor (Reduces ice damage taken by 20% and reduces all other damage taken by 10%)
***Passive: Frigidity (All ice spells force pain)
**Archon: "Master of mana and energy, creating storms and manipulating the arcane to annihilate foes."
***Passive: Energy Mastery (All lightning and arcane damage is increased by 10%)
***Passive: Energy Ward (Reduces arcane and lightning damage taken by 20% and causes incoming damage to restore magick)
***Passive: Greater Arcane Barrier (Arcane Barrier now also grants barrier for 50% of the original barrier)

Misc:
*Skills in ingame menu are cyclable now.

Yeah, at last! It's time to make builds!
Obviously it's not complete changes, maybe you have find the else more of them.

EDIT:
Unfortunately is still work only on GZDoom 2.2. I hope this is temp.
Last edited by Void Weaver on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Oh this is gonna be fun, thanks for the post!
Wackov

Post by Wackov »

Hey! First of all: this mod is utter madness. I got hooked instantly and I almost never play video games, man.

I see this is one of those "long haul" projects, with the author disappearing and popping up at random. Don't worry, you have made a good call to return to development of Warth of Cronos; it's in the league of its own, and it crushes any current competition.

I'm using WoC v2.0c2 with Zandronum v3.0 and I can't get enough of it. I have two suggestions, still:

1. Can Constitution reduce poison damage and/or its duration? It's so alone in its implications. Or make it influence amount of Stamina (that would require introducing a secondary stat, though) or running time perhaps?
2. Can Agility reduce damage from falling? If it doesn't do that, that is. I had a mixed results on that with a Hunter and his 212 Agility.
3. Can the Fighter get some active/passive skill to reduce the amount of elemental (fire, cold, lightning) and/or arcane damage taken? It's just so hopeless to have to deal with all kind of missiles while having no means to defend against them, except dodging, while your own ranged weapons are not-so-good.
4. Also, with the knockback mechanics implemented in WoC: could Strength/Agility/Consitution influence it somehow/anyhow?

Those are just suggestions, of course. I will still play this mod even without any of that. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

PS. Use Zandronum, folks. It works flawlessly with this modification. I had a ton of hickups when using GZDoom (even the 2.2 version and lower), but when I started using Zandronum - I never had any issues ever again.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Actually Thetis have a lot thoughts and planned features for WoC. Unfortunately he don't shows any activities on the forums since 2015.

1. At the moment, is no way here to reduce damage aside from direct % reducing by armor and\or skills. Also, in a fact there is just a few of "poison" damage sources in the mod.
2. Maybe I wrong, but I have suspect what a calculation of the falling damage in this case is a bit complicated than just adding Agility-correlative falling damage formula in the mod, because falling damage are execute a bit differently ways in a different ID games.
3. As far as I know, haven't imlemented any systems of damage\resistance different kinds in the WoC yet, aside from vanilla features such as 3x damage getting are centaurs by Mage's 3rd electric weapon. But accordingly by the todo-list there is a some thoughts about monsters resistance system implementation. Maybe we are have see that in future versions.
4. What about a different mechanics of positive\negative states like as burning, poisoning, bleeding, stun\shock, confuse, silence etc., it's would be cool. As well as adding of Stamina mechanics, AGI-correlative falling damage and a something like.

I dunno is does read Thetis the thread or not but occasionaly he check PMs, mine ones at least. At the same time he never answer to me yet.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

3. Can the Fighter get some active/passive skill to reduce the amount of elemental (fire, cold, lightning) and/or arcane damage taken? It's just so hopeless to have to deal with all kind of missiles while having no means to defend against them, except dodging, while your own ranged weapons are not-so-good.
That only applies if you are running the highest difficulty setting, and I wouldn't advise it because anything with a fireball will stand there and endlessly spam it if you are in sight and it's cheesy AF. Hopefully Thetis does take my suggestion about tweaking that last difficulty into consideration because there is actual challenge to be had other than playing pro dodge ball all game.
I dunno is does read Thetis the thread or not but occasionaly he check PMs, mine ones at least. At the same time he never answer to me yet.
If he responds to you, maybe ask him why he doesn't post anymore? I never got anything back from him.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”