Midgard Outlaw - Sequel to Project Einherjar

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Korell

Re: Midgard Outlaw - Sequel to Project Einherjar

Post by Korell »

Zen3001 wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:
MetroidJunkie wrote:"The requested URL /MO1.zip was not found on this server" when clicking on the download link.
It should be working now. The link should lead to the file MO1.6.zip.
nope still having the same issue
Yeah, the link on the front page is still MO1.zip. For now, copy the link and edit it so that it says MO1.6.zip and then the file will download.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

worked now
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Korell wrote: Yeah, the link on the front page is still MO1.zip. For now, copy the link and edit it so that it says MO1.6.zip and then the file will download.
I'm still not sure what the issue is exactly. I'm not having any trouble downloading the right file. Are you going to this page?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

They're talking about your post at the head of this thread on this forum - it's still linking the 1.0 version.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Rachael wrote:They're talking about your post at the head of this thread on this forum - it's still linking the 1.0 version.
Aw jesus, I didnt realize I'd linked the pk3 rather than the page. Fixing now.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

WIP night club map. Doing something a little different with the dynamic music here.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Episode 2 sneak peek:

Juno kicks off Episode 2 by escaping from the interrogation ward of a dubious rehabilitation camp to continue her pursuit of Dietrich Drogo. No release date yet.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

ImpieTwo: "Why bother with a hollywood adaptation when you can skip straight to the video game adaptation"

But seriously, this is shaping up to be a really neat series of mods. Though I wish you could just go full hog by using 100% original resources (no edits, strife textures or any other copyrighted textures) and possibly sell this as a game. (might stand out against the steam trash, who knows?)
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

How many episodes are planned?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

insightguy wrote:ImpieTwo: "Why bother with a hollywood adaptation when you can skip straight to the video game adaptation"

But seriously, this is shaping up to be a really neat series of mods. Though I wish you could just go full hog by using 100% original resources (no edits, strife textures or any other copyrighted textures) and possibly sell this as a game. (might stand out against the steam trash, who knows?)
I want to, really, but I have to rely on third parties to actually produce the resources they promise. Every time I've started a collab with someone they never get back to me, so I just throw this stuff together myself with whatever is handy. The games are mainly supposed to help promote the books anyway.
armymen12002003 wrote:How many episodes are planned?
Two at the moment. Three if I can talk people into doing a speedmapping bonus episode with me. Back to the whole "relying on other people" thing.
Last edited by ImpieTwo on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

ImpieTwo wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:How many episodes are planned?
Two at the moment. Three if I can talk people into doing a speedmapping bonus episode with me. Back to the whole "relying on other people" thing.
oh ok i'd help but i really don't know nothing about mapping of any kind
best of luck though.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

2.0 Update: 2 preview maps for the other two episodes. A dynamic escape from a reeducation facility, and a massive shootout in a night club (with a badass dynamic music effect).
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Lo-res video of the Girls Night Out bonus level and its dynamic music effects.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I've concluded this project with Version 3.0: due to life stuff and lack of public interest, I've taken all the unreleased maps and turned Midgard Outlaw into a finished 11-map wad, since I hate having unfinished projects laying about. It's easier to finish individual episode releases, so that's what I'll do from now on.

The new maps (revised bonus maps from the previous version, and never-before-seen maps) follow where the demo left off, bringing the total map count to 11 (12 if you find the secret map).

I'm pretty sure it's working properly. Give it a whirl and let me know if anything breaks!
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

ImpieTwo wrote:I've concluded this project with Version 3.0: due to life stuff and lack of public interest, I've taken all the unreleased maps and turned Midgard Outlaw into a finished 11-map wad, since I hate having unfinished projects laying about. It's easier to finish individual episode releases, so that's what I'll do from now on.

The new maps (revised bonus maps from the previous version, and never-before-seen maps) follow where the demo left off, bringing the total map count to 11 (12 if you find the secret map).

I'm pretty sure it's working properly. Give it a whirl and let me know if anything breaks!
That's a shame... I really wanted to see the full vision that you have for this wad since the first one was so top notch. Looking forward to your next projects

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”