The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 13 11/14/2021 Options

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NathanVPer

Re: The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 9 13/12/2017

Post by NathanVPer »

I can't find the PK3 file :(
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Yeah, that's cause there isn't one. Go over to the repo (link in main post under logo) and download it from there.

See this: viewtopic.php?p=1027812#p1027812
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

Crap, just pushed a hotfix of sorts. Bootleg changelog GO!
-Grenades now properly spawn over rocket drops.
-Picking up a plasma now gives you a cell.
-Picking up a sniper now gives you a sniper mag.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Just had a VM Abort: tried to read from Address Zero when I fired a LAW at an Archvile on Map16 of The Alfonzone on Hardcore-Violence difficulty. Using GZDoom 3.2.3. I had managed to fire 4 or 5 prior to this without crashing. Can't seem to replicate it, though. Still thought I'd let you know.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Hmmm. I looked at this yesterday, but found no issue, and apparently 2 AM isn't a good time to fix VM aborts. Gonna get 3.2.3 and test a bit soon.

EDIT: If it happens again, please take a screenshot of the console!
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Failing taking a screenshot, please write down EVERYTHING the console says for the last 5 or so lines, after all the boot information or game messages. Should be in red. I am also failing to reproduce, despite many MANY efforts to do so. Even burned my bacon. Pouring one out for my bacon.

This isn't just at Somagu. Anyone reading this who happens to have the same issue, please. I don't like the idea of an invisible game crashing bug being present. Because both Lud and I have looked over the code and nothing stands out as causing a VM error like this.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I am extremely sorry about your bacon. Here's an aside, while I'm busy stress testing a potential fix Lud threw at me.

G36 instantly unzooms if you dry fire while scoped, and scoped fire also buffers your bursts artificially, so if you tap one shot, you can only fire two more from the next burst.

[edit]Actually I guess most of the dry fires do that. Not a bug then?
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Yeh, its intended, so that you know right away as an "oh shit" kind of thing.

The g36 I'll take a look at when I get home. And before someone mentions it, yes, the LAW does a weird jump in its animation. Will fix asap.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Alright so Lud did some stuff and hopefully this is all behind us. He also took care of that G36 burst issue and did some minor fixes to the puffs. I took the time to do some minor clean up of the LAW code, too.
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

Brohnesorge wrote:-G36C updated to a full size G36
I can't understand what this change is supposed to tell me, is it supposed visual or just a name change? (And yes, I've played the mod.)
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

potetobloke wrote: I can't understand what this change is supposed to tell me, is it supposed visual or just a name change? (And yes, I've played the mod.)
Brohnesorge wrote:

Code: Select all

--G36
-G36C updated to a full size G36
-Moved to Slot 4
-Shares spawns with M249
-Damage raised
-Accuracy raised
-Recoil reduced
-Now uses unique magazines
-One in the chamber mechanics added.
-Upgrades changed. Red - Accuracy up Blue - Noise Down Green - Fast Reload
The damage and accuracy raised, and the reduced recoil part especially, due to having a longer barrel and as such, greater muzzle velocity. It will also be a slight visual update once I get around to actually animating those sprites you sent me.

I guess it's more of an explanation or flavor thing to explain why it's suddenly better.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

Why is the reloading in SoliderZ so sexy?

Why is everything in this mod so damn sexy?

This mod is definitely a keeper. <3

EDIT: Is it normal for the G36 to have infinite magazines once I get all of the upgrades for it? I'm not complaining, mind you. :V Just didn't know if it was working as intended or if it's a code oopsie. Playing this with TNT: Evilution is a blast, by the way. <3
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! And good catch; the G36 was actually taking SMG mags during the fast reload. Leftover code from when it was a starter weapon. Oversight on my part. Fixed now.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

Ran into a couple of more (possible) issues while playing this with TNT: Evilution (though I'm still very much loving the mod <3).

-I noticed that my ammo for the plasma rifle began to drain on its own when the heat level surpassed a certain point (I wanna say it was past 75% and around the 90+% mark) and after I reloaded it. This was with the red and blue upgrades. Dunno if this is intended behavior or not. If it is, ignore this. :v

-Is it normal to still pick up large ammo boxes even when you're topped off for magazines? I've noticed several times where I have max shells for both shotguns (Winchester Model 1912 and SPAS-12) and I can still pick up large shotgun shell boxes. Same thing for large magazine boxes for the G36 and H&K UMP45. To add to this, small ammo pickups like four shells can't be picked up when I'm at max ammo for the shotguns.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Nems wrote:-Is it normal to still pick up large ammo boxes even when you're topped off for magazines? I've noticed several times where I have max shells for both shotguns (Winchester Model 1912 and SPAS-12) and I can still pick up large shotgun shell boxes. Same thing for large magazine boxes for the G36 and H&K UMP45. To add to this, small ammo pickups like four shells can't be picked up when I'm at max ammo for the shotguns.
I'm not sure this is something that can be fixed, since ammo boxes and shell boxes give more than one type of ammo, as they aren't a "normal" ammo pickup. Maybe someone can correct me as this is something that could use fixing in a few other mods, too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”