[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

D3athStalker

Re: [v1.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Captain J wrote:Oh my goodness, Superb mod! Nice sound effects, Nice game mechanics etc. I definitely enjoying playing this mod and i'd like to say thanks so much for using my stuff. They all looks great!
Thank you, your weapons rips are definitely a godsend :)
- What's up with the HUD? I can't see the menu cursor. No, not the mouse cursor. The main menu one. And yeah, i'm using GZDoom g3.2.1.
I've solved it.
- When you keep pressing hatchet chop key quickly if there's only one left, you can slash much faster than throwing. Intentional? Because it's kinda helpful.
I've changed the way the hatchet works, binded a separate key for the hatchet throw. And you can swing hatchet much faster, you can spam the hell out of hatchet chop button :)
- Hand grenade's bouncing sound effect is a bit loud. Loud than spent casings!
Thanks for the declaration, will tone it down.
- It's a shame that i can't zoom with Reaper Shotgun. Because it has digital sight!
I've made it functional now.
- It's pretty strange that Gatling gun is very accurate, despite it spits out of a million bullets in a second, same goes to dual wield. Intentional?
Not really, it's supposed to be inaccurate. I'll alter its accuracy.
- Autocannon's absolutely cool. But i think it would be more cool if it has bolt-ejecting animation, simple or smooth. Like the original gun from Guncaster!
I can do that.
- Railgun's puff and Darkmatter gun's Projectile leaves no decal.
I can do for DMG's projectile, but I can't give decal to Railgun for some reason.
- Radiation shielding suit, Night Vision and Computer Area Map haven't changed yet. I'm expecting something much cooler!
I'll take a look to them.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Thanks for the kind reply! And i guess those feedback are kinda helped, i guess! Keep up the good work and i'm sure there's a way to make Railgun leave decal. Like, by adding a Decal code in the ACTOR Scripts!
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Captain J wrote:Thanks for the kind reply! And i guess those feedback are kinda helped, i guess! Keep up the good work and i'm sure there's a way to make Railgun leave decal. Like, by adding a Decal code in the ACTOR Scripts!
Nevermind, just solved it. Had to put +FORCEDECAL flag to the railgun puff lol
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I have a little suggestion on the "shotgun/china lake" department. It's not meant to be taken seriously. It's just what I would do.

Since people are saying those weapons become useless after you get their older brothers, why don't you make them use some special advantages which wouldn't affect the damage per se, but also gameplay strategies.

Here's what i would do:

Keltec Shotgun:

Make it use more pellets (and lower the individual pellets damage) as well as giving a (optional, really) boost in accuracy. Then make the Reaper fire fewer pellets with higher damage and lower accuracy. That way, the reaper would be still be a monster on dual-wield point blank, but not so good at longer ranges. The Keltec shotgun then would still be weaker, but very good for close-medium range combat, at the cost of a lower rate of fire.

Now, the China Lake/Autocannon topic:

Both of them are bazookas from a point of view. But the cannon fires miles faster and stronger. Why not make the China Lake fire bouncing projectiles? Not as bouncy as the common GL's, but 1~3 bounces before exploding would be a neat touch for strategy (enemies around the corner? Use the China Lake).

Anyway, this is just a suggestion. The mod is all yours, man. And it's going a great way. Keep it up.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

GAA1992 wrote:I have a little suggestion on the "shotgun/china lake" department. It's not meant to be taken seriously. It's just what I would do.

Since people are saying those weapons become useless after you get their older brothers, why don't you make them use some special advantages which wouldn't affect the damage per se, but also gameplay strategies.

Here's what i would do:

Keltec Shotgun:

Make it use more pellets (and lower the individual pellets damage) as well as giving a (optional, really) boost in accuracy. Then make the Reaper fire fewer pellets with higher damage and lower accuracy. That way, the reaper would be still be a monster on dual-wield point blank, but not so good at longer ranges. The Keltec shotgun then would still be weaker, but very good for close-medium range combat, at the cost of a lower rate of fire.

Now, the China Lake/Autocannon topic:

Both of them are bazookas from a point of view. But the cannon fires miles faster and stronger. Why not make the China Lake fire bouncing projectiles? Not as bouncy as the common GL's, but 1~3 bounces before exploding would be a neat touch for strategy (enemies around the corner? Use the China Lake).

Anyway, this is just a suggestion. The mod is all yours, man. And it's going a great way. Keep it up.
I was adding secondary firemodes to weapons, and added the exact thing you've mentioned to China Lake :D

I also buffed China Lake, making their projectiles stronger than Autocannon's ones. I can do the same for the KelTec, adding it more pellets per shot.

I also added slug mode for the Reaper as a secondary firemode, and added shrapnel rounds to KelTec (like the ones in TNO).
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Update! This is a big one: https://mega.nz/#!BxpixL6R!MBh5DiSaRWwo ... s7SshsYdW4
Edit: Apparently there were some bugs, try redownloading again if you can't change SMG's firemode.

Changelog:
- Most weapons now have a second firemode, making KelTec and China Lake more of a tactical weapon.
- Super Shotgun is added to arsenal.
- Revamped the hatchet system. You can bash the hatchet chop button to swing it rapidly while you can toss the hatchet with a different button.
- New sound for hatchet swing.
- Fixed a sprite conflict.
- Added a selector for the menu.
- Fixed a bug where the Gatling would shoot a few rounds when there's no ammo while it still spins.
- Health and armor pickups now have 100% chance to spawn.
- Grenade bounce sound won't occur right at the moment when you throw it.
- After player ressurection occurs, the death sound after you fire a weapon won't occur, and dual wield will work properly.
- Buffed China Lake, it shoots stronger grenades.
- The holographic sight on Reaper is now functional.
- Fixed a bug where weapons' magazines get filled with half the ammo on the hardest difficulty.
- Removed the +COUNTITEM flag for weapon pickups, they're no longer counted as items.
- Autocannon's bolt is now animated.
- Toned down hand grenades' bouncing sounds.
- Nerfed Gatling Gun, now it's less accurate.
- Railgun and Dark Matter Gun now have decals.
- Buffed KelTec, it's more accurate and stronger.
- All WAV sounds are converted into OGG.
- Rad-Suit and Light Amp Visors are replaced by their inventory-based counterparts.
- Computer Area Map now has sensors.
Last edited by D3athStalker on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Finally, the update! And gotta love the way you edited the keltec and chinalake differently! Tactical indeed.

And for some reason, Keltec, Autocannon, Railgun and Laser Rifle(sometimes it can kill HK in one shot)'s Alt-mode are somehow stronger than Primary-mode. If you're going to keep it well balanced, consider to nerf them a bit. And BFG's projectiles, all of it makes you bleed for some reason, but harmless.

Also Darkmatter gun's humming sound gets cancelled when pressing Switch Firemode (Right) Key.

Other than these, Great fixes!
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Captain J wrote:Finally, the update! And gotta love the way you edited the keltec and chinalake differently! Tactical indeed.

And for some reason, Keltec, Autocannon, Railgun and Laser Rifle(sometimes it can kill HK in one shot)'s Alt-mode are somehow stronger than Primary-mode. If you're going to keep it well balanced, consider to nerf them a bit. And BFG's projectiles, all of it makes you bleed for some reason, but harmless.

Also Darkmatter gun's humming sound gets cancelled when pressing Switch Firemode (Right) Key.

Other than these, Great fixes!
Thanks for notifying. I also noticed that only Scythe's firemodes are shown in the fullscreen HUD, others are missing (I forgot to name them smfh). I'll upload a quick bugfix, then I'll take a look at the DMG humming bug.

I tested the alt fire, it takes 1-3 secondary shots to kill a Hell Knight, but 7-8 primary shots to kill. I can slightly nerf it.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

This is a really nice update for a very enjoyable weapon mod. Couple of things:
1. I can't toggle back from the nails to regular bullets for the SMG
2. The casing ejection sound isn't localised to the casings; the sound will play at full volume regardless of distance from hitting the ground
3. Duel wielding miniguns is insanely accurate and the firing sound wont stop after depleting ammo duel wielding with the auto rotate firemode on
4. The SSG reload seems a bit fast - really just a nitpick.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Neccronixis wrote:This is a really nice update for a very enjoyable weapon mod. Couple of things:
1. I can't toggle back from the nails to regular bullets for the SMG
2. The casing ejection sound isn't localised to the casings; the sound will play at full volume regardless of distance from hitting the ground
3. Duel wielding miniguns is insanely accurate
4. The SSG reload seems a bit fast - really just a nitpick.
I noticed the SMG bug. I'll send a quick bugfix, again.

Also, thanks for notifying the casing sound thing. Will check it out.

I don't know why, but Gatlings are accurate as crap for some reason, even though I set the spread to 7.5 degrees. I'll try to solve that.

I can increase the SSG's reload time.
Korell

Post by Korell »

The latest update fixes The Ultimate Torment & Torture Supportive Edition boss fight on the second map. :)
erni945

Post by erni945 »

D3athStalker wrote:Update! This is a big one: https://mega.nz/#!BxpixL6R!MBh5DiSaRWwo ... s7SshsYdW4
Edit: Apparently there were some bugs, try redownloading again if you can't change SMG's firemode.

Changelog:
- Most weapons now have a second firemode, making KelTec and China Lake more of a tactical weapon.
- Super Shotgun is added to arsenal.
- Revamped the hatchet system. You can bash the hatchet chop button to swing it rapidly while you can toss the hatchet with a different button.
- New sound for hatchet swing.
- Fixed a sprite conflict.
- Added a selector for the menu.
- Fixed a bug where the Gatling would shoot a few rounds when there's no ammo while it still spins.
- Health and armor pickups now have 100% chance to spawn.
- Grenade bounce sound won't occur right at the moment when you throw it.
- After player ressurection occurs, the death sound after you fire a weapon won't occur, and dual wield will work properly.
- Buffed China Lake, it shoots stronger grenades.
- The holographic sight on Reaper is now functional.
- Fixed a bug where weapons' magazines get filled with half the ammo on the hardest difficulty.
- Removed the +COUNTITEM flag for weapon pickups, they're no longer counted as items.
- Autocannon's bolt is now animated.
- Toned down hand grenades' bouncing sounds.
- Nerfed Gatling Gun, now it's less accurate.
- Railgun and Dark Matter Gun now have decals.
- Buffed KelTec, it's more accurate and stronger.
- All WAV sounds are converted into OGG.
- Rad-Suit and Light Amp Visors are replaced by their inventory-based counterparts.
- Computer Area Map now has sensors.

Great update, now your mod is much more playable and I like the added super shotgun but I have some questions and sugestions:

-Are you planning to add gunpoints to all weapons?

-It would be useful to change Blazkowicz's skin, the one that suits your avatar the most, do you plan to introduce it in the next version?

-Do you have any plan to add support for other games?

-I think it would be a good idea to describe the history in doom from the blazkowicz's point of view, i.e. add your own texts between episodes in ultimate doom, doom 2 and final doom, and what do you think about it?

-do you plan to change yet other standard items in doom for some other?
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

erni945 wrote:Great update, now your mod is much more playable and I like the added super shotgun but I have some questions and sugestions:

-It would be useful to change Blazkowicz's skin, the one that suits your avatar the most, do you plan to introduce it in the next version?

-I think it would be a good idea to describe the history in doom from the blazkowicz's point of view, i.e. add your own texts between episodes in ultimate doom, doom 2 and final doom, and what do you think about it?

I don't know what you mean by "gunpoints". If you're talking about zoom option ... well, I'm thinking to add an upgrade system for weapons. You get an upgrade kit, and you can upgrade any weapon (except BFG and DMG) with that kit by using it. It's similar to the one in TNC, but each weapon can be upgraded once, instead of thrice. Some weapons will have scopes (like Assault Rifle or Scythe) or other parts, with additional damage boost, firerate boost, stuff like that.

I'm actually pretty eager to change Blazkowicz's skin, but that will take quite a time before releasing the next update (be patient :P).

Unfortunately, Doom is the only game I play amongst GZDoom engine games, so don't expect support for other games from me, sorry. But if someone wants to add support for other games, I'll appreciate that and be grateful for such an assitance :)

Good idea, I can change those by Blazkowicz's perspective.

I don't think there are any Doom items left for replacements, but I might add different items for more variety.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

D3athStalker wrote:
erni945 wrote:Great update, now your mod is much more playable and I like the added super shotgun but I have some questions and sugestions:

I don't know what you mean by "gunpoints". If you're talking about zoom option ... well, I'm thinking to add an upgrade system for weapons. You get an upgrade kit, and you can upgrade any weapon (except BFG and DMG) with that kit by using it. It's similar to the one in TNC, but each weapon can be upgraded once, instead of thrice. Some weapons will have scopes (like Assault Rifle or Scythe) or other parts, with additional damage boost, firerate boost, stuff like that.

I'm actually pretty eager to change Blazkowicz's skin, but that will take quite a time before releasing the next update (be patient :P).

Unfortunately, Doom is the only game I play amongst GZDoom engine games, so don't expect support for other games from me, sorry. But if someone wants to add support for other games, I'll appreciate that and be grateful for such an assitance :)

Good idea, I can change those by Blazkowicz's perspective.

I don't think there are any Doom items left for replacements, but I might add different items for more variety.

thanks for listening to me, I think adding more items would be a great idea and when it comes to adding support for other games, well, I understand your opinion. All in all, now it is not the most important if your mod is expanded enough to play normally in doom it will try to make a patch that adds heretic support :wink:
D3athStalker

Re: [v1.2] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

Yay, update: https://mega.nz/#!Jh5gwbDI!tj35BeOwzMQl ... V5Y7wY9i7A
Alternate: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rckslf1af ... e-v1.2.pk3

Changelog:
- Added an upgrade system, all weapons have up to 3 upgradable parts (ammunition, internals and magazine) with the exceprion of BFG, DMG and Gatling. Upgrade kits rarely spawn in place of ammo packs.
- Revamped Autocannon; now it's called NapalmKraftWerk, uses napalm instead of slugs, it's more fire-based and has a new fire sound.
- Reaper is changed with Grimmhammer, which is pretty much the big brother of Schockhammer X from TNC.
- Reskinned Assault Rifle, it now has a scope.
- The mod is now compatible with BD Monsters.
- Laser Rifle's primary firemode now shoots projectile-based rounds instead of hitscan.
- Changed SMG's nail mode; it shoots slower, but nails are stronger, and they look more like the ones in TNC.
- Laser Rifle's secondary firemode is slightly nerfed.
- Changed DMG's secondary firemode, now it shoots an inactive vortex that activates upon impact. 100 units per shot.
- Changed KelTec's secondary firemode to slug rounds.
- Nerfed Autocannon's secondary firemode.
- SSG's reload animation is now more realistic (and slower as a result).
- SSG now doesn't fire both barrels when only one is full.
- Buffed SSG, it shoots more pellets.
- New reload sounds for SSG.
- Fixed the perfectly accurate Gatling bug.
- Fixed a bug where spinning right Gatling's barrel right after spinning left Gatling's barrel causes left Gatling's barrel to stop.
- Smoothened China Lake's sprites.
- Scythe now has an alternative reload when it's empty.
- Smoothened lower/raise animations for some weapons.
- SMG draw animation is shorter.
- Left and right SMG sprites are symmetrical.
- Fixed a bug where the idle weapon switches firemode twice while the other weapon is not.
- KelTec now has a pumping animation after the reload while it was empty.
- Added dynamic lights to various bright effects.
- Brightmaps for anything with lights.
- Unique vision for Battle Suit.
- The story of Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, TNT Evilution, Plutonia Experiment and No Rest For The Living are read by Blazkowicz's perspective.
- Changed the way Railgun works, now it fires slower, but the slugs go through enemies.
- HEV Shield and Infrared Goggles pickups now give 1 instead of max amount.

By the way, I've started doing the new sprites for Blazkowicz, I've finished the first two rotations:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”