[v3.1.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I nerf fire based weapons like Dragon's Breath and Napalmkraftwerk?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:36 pm

Yes please, they're broken af
12%
Nah, they're fine
88%

Total votes: 25

D3athStalker

Re: [v1.0.1] Doom Incarnate: A Wolfenstein style mod

Post by D3athStalker »

I'm unable to download this mod. I checked the Developer console and got this:
please add a mediafire link please ?
I've added a new link for Mediafire, also updated the one on Mega, where you can dual wield weapon even if you only picked that weapon once.
The arms indicate that this is the BJ wearing the powersuit underneath his jacket and jeans, which is a neat touch. I'm going to assume the eventual replacement player sprite is going to be the one in your avatar?
Spoiler:

Also, doing such a set of sprite would take a shitload of time, and I only made 2 sprites of it (70 of them left lol)
Also, has anyone noticed an explosion sprite appearing when throwing grenades or hatchets? It shows up in the top-left of the screen.
Which monster pack are you loading thw mod with? There's probably a sprite conflict.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Can there be a mode where the player gets to choose the conditions for dual wielding. because I personally think that the latest thing of picking up a new weapon giving you the ability to dual wield them without finding a second weapon of that kind is a bit cheap.

It's just a personal gripe but I still happen to like the mod.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

D3athStalker wrote:
Also, has anyone noticed an explosion sprite appearing when throwing grenades or hatchets? It shows up in the top-left of the screen.
Which monster pack are you loading thw mod with? There's probably a sprite conflict.
Kriegsland Enemies, and I was about to mention the dual-wielding when you only pick up one gun but I saw the previous reply to that.

EDIT: Well, I hope you manage to get them done, it would be different than the normal Military-Uniform BJ or the Kriegsland BJ, that's for certain.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I too noticed you can duel wield weapons without first picking up a second. A couple of things:

1. the minigun will fire a group of rounds indefinitely if you expend ammo and let go of the trigger, but press fire again before the barrels stop rotating.
2. The pain sounds play constantly after player resurrection occurs.
3. the grenade bounce sound plays as soon as a grenade is tossed, before it hits the ground
4. I got an assortment of console spams while loading this after Brutal Monsters only (how clichéd complaining a mod isn't compatible with Brutal Doom). This could be an internal problem with the ACS scripts or the fault of Brutal Doom itself - most likely the latter.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

TheLightBad96 wrote:Can there be a mode where the player gets to choose the conditions for dual wielding. because I personally think that the latest thing of picking up a new weapon giving you the ability to dual wield them without finding a second weapon of that kind is a bit cheap.

It's just a personal gripe but I still happen to like the mod.
I wrote the player decorate to give 2 weapon counters for each weapon to test them, and I forgot to comment them before releasing the mod. I updated the mod, download it again or comment that part yourself and you won't be able to dual wield guns without picking up their second weapon :)

Also, the sprite conflict will be solved when I update the mod.
Korell

Post by Korell »

I've been playing this with "Kriegsland Enemies" and "The Ultimate Torment & Torture Supportive Edition", and loving how it plays. However, on reaching the end of the second episode the arena boss fight doesn't trigger when you grab the pickup from the centre of the room. I don't yet know if it is "Kriegsland Enemies" or your mod that stops this from triggering. Oh, and there's still no menu selector on the main menu page.

EDIT: After further testing, by using just "Kriegsland Enemies" and then just "Doom Incarnate" I've been able to confirm that it is indeed "Doom Incarnate" that is preventing the boss arena fight from triggering in the second episode of "The Ultimate Torment & Torture Supportive Edition". In the middle of the area is a mega armour pickup, but when not using "Doom Incarnate" there are also blue health potion pickups around the armour.
Last edited by Korell on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asdasing

Post by Asdasing »

I don't think that the China Lake and the Kel Tec shotguns are particularly useful, since their more automatic counterparts are straight up super upgraded versions of those guns. Why have them in the mod? I say try to make different guns have different uses in different situations. The auto shotty could be good at close range while the single shotty is good for accurate shots; the China Lake could have shrapnel explosions and a larger push back effect (while consuming more ammo), while the autocannon is best suited for spam explosions. The two BFGs could also use some small changes (black hole gun could be like the BFG10K while the other takes the role of the main BFG9K). But really this mod is excellent in presentation and goes well with colourful doom. Just needs those small tweaks to make this mod more practical with purposeful gameplay.
Oznat

Post by Oznat »

Thanks D3ath
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

1. the minigun will fire a group of rounds indefinitely if you expend ammo and let go of the trigger, but press fire again before the barrels stop rotating.
Just fixed that.
2. The pain sounds play constantly after player resurrection occurs.
Fixed it, also fixed a bug where dual wielded weapons don't work after player resurrection occurs (related to a player token indicating that the player is dead).
3. the grenade bounce sound plays as soon as a grenade is tossed, before it hits the ground
Also fixed that.
4. I got an assortment of console spams while loading this after Brutal Monsters only (how clichéd complaining a mod isn't compatible with Brutal Doom). This could be an internal problem with the ACS scripts or the fault of Brutal Doom itself - most likely the latter.
Can relate to that one, apparently my key bindings via ACS conflicts with BD Monsters for some reason. And I have no idea how to fix that.
After further testing, by using just "Kriegsland Enemies" and then just "Doom Incarnate" I've been able to confirm that it is indeed "Doom Incarnate" that is preventing the boss arena fight from triggering in the second episode of "The Ultimate Torment & Torture Supportive Edition". In the middle of the area is a mega armour pickup, but when not using "Doom Incarnate" there are also blue health potion pickups around the armour.
May it be because of the blue health potions (never played UTnT, just a guess)? Cause this mod has health/armor points which have 20% chance to spawn while they are 5 times more effective. I've changed them to spawn all the time, maybe it'll work next time.
Oh, and there's still no menu selector on the main menu page.
Damn, I totally forgot about that, thanks for reminding. Just added the selector.
I don't think that the China Lake and the Kel Tec shotguns are particularly useful, since their more automatic counterparts are straight up super upgraded versions of those guns. Why have them in the mod? I say try to make different guns have different uses in different situations. The auto shotty could be good at close range while the single shotty is good for accurate shots; the China Lake could have shrapnel explosions and a larger push back effect (while consuming more ammo), while the autocannon is best suited for spam explosions. The two BFGs could also use some small changes (black hole gun could be like the BFG10K while the other takes the role of the main BFG9K). But really this mod is excellent in presentation and goes well with colourful doom. Just needs those small tweaks to make this mod more practical with purposeful gameplay.
Thanks for the ideas, I'm thinking to add "switch firemode" to weapons to cycle between two firemodes. As a second firemode; I'm thinking to add bouncy grenades for China Lake, dark matter beam for Dark Matter Gun and smaller projectiles with higher fire rate (BFG10k-alike) for BFG-9000.
Techokami
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Techokami »

Huh, for some reason all my weapons are immediately dual-wieldable all of a sudden. Also, reloading the Kel-Tec is faster in the hardest difficulty mode, because you cram 2 shells in at a time.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Techokami wrote:Huh, for some reason all my weapons are immediately dual-wieldable all of a sudden. Also, reloading the Kel-Tec is faster in the hardest difficulty mode, because you cram 2 shells in at a time.
Try downloading the mod again (explained in my previous comments).

Also, thanks for notifying the magazine bug. Just fixed it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Noticed a bug. All weapon pickups are counting as items in game. Maybe add a -COUNTITEM flag for those weapon pickups?

I also noticed the sprite conflict in grenade explosions. I'll work my part to make it different too.
Techokami
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Techokami »

D3athStalker wrote:
Techokami wrote:Huh, for some reason all my weapons are immediately dual-wieldable all of a sudden. Also, reloading the Kel-Tec is faster in the hardest difficulty mode, because you cram 2 shells in at a time.
Try downloading the mod again (explained in my previous comments).

Also, thanks for notifying the magazine bug. Just fixed it.
Ahhh, much better :)
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

GAA1992 wrote:Noticed a bug. All weapon pickups are counting as items in game. Maybe add a -COUNTITEM flag for those weapon pickups?
Will do, thanks for notifying.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh my goodness, Superb mod! Nice sound effects, Nice game mechanics etc. I definitely enjoying playing this mod and i'd like to say thanks so much for using my stuff. They all looks great!
Spoiler: Well... Here goes my feedback!
Overall, nice touch with the weapon's dual wielding and the special effects. And i can't wait for the update!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”