Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.4 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Goonies85

Re: Castlevania: Simon's Destiny [V1.2 OUT!]

Post by Goonies85 »

Where can I find the music from the Game/Settings Selection screen when you first fire up the game?
DarkWarrior1995

Post by DarkWarrior1995 »

Goonies85 wrote:Where can I find the music from the Game/Settings Selection screen when you first fire up the game?
You mean the violin mix of Vampire Killer and Wicked Child? I believe that's part of the Perfect Selection Dracula -New Classic- album. Which... well, now that I think about it, I should probably give the rest of those pieces a listen, too. That aside, someone did link that, as well as the rest of the mod's default soundtrack, in one of the previous topic pages. Downloading that should let you give those pieces a listen at your leisure.
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

What a fantastic mod this is, I love every min of it.

Here is hoping for a Richter's Destiny, Trevor's Destiny, Simon's Destiny 2 (SCV4), Sonia's Destiny, Christopher's Destiny and Leon's Destiny for some follow up ideas. :D

I've done some Let's Play Videos on this game for Doom December Its all in three videos.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Thanks for featuring my addon on the main page, Batandy!
quattj

Post by quattj »

This mod is amazing. I hate the final stage ;) Combines all the things I am worst at in a game :D

Any chance you could work on the third person view? If you go in the console and type "chase" you get a chasecam view, but only a sideways Simon sprite. I'd like to be able to give the game a shot in third person. It really helps when trying to avoid medusas, but can also be really terrible for other things :P And when you duck, he just squishes down. Kinda funny, but it would be cool to be able to play properly this way.

Best fan-made Castlvania game I've played in AGES.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

http://www.moddb.com/games/hello-neighb ... -year-2017

Castlevania: Simon's Destiny won an Editor's choice award in ModDB's Mod Of The Year 2017! Really unexpected and i can't be thankful enough!
WindSoar27

Post by WindSoar27 »

I just wanted to take a moment to Sign in after Playing this and i gotta Say i am LOVING this as a long time Castlevania Franchise Fan this is a really awesome Fan Game and it holds True to the classic games including the difficulty but then again i was playing on Full Moon Difficulty so that may have been why it was such a challenge :P and i don't really have any Thing i can really complain about accept for a question, does picking up Cumulative Whip Power Ups do anything other than evolve/transform the Vampire Killer to its Chain whip Incarnation or does it actually do something?. and maybe a Tiny Suggestion if this mod is still being developed is it Possible to maybe get either a power up kinda like a Psudo Berserk Pack sort of pick up to include the Flame Whip Upgrade for a temporary/set period of time as the Flaming Whip/upgrade Version of the Vampire Killer is a Part of the Castlevania Series and it just Feels like that's all its Missing is that Last Whip Incarnation/upgrade, if your uncertain how to implement it there was another castlevania mod Called Nightmare of the Sin that Included a Sort of Berserk upgrade/Pick Up that granted the Flame Whip for a set period of time that functioned a lot like the Doom Franchises Berserk pack. or just picking up a certain amount of Whip Upgrades will give it that last Flame Upgrade indefinitely the Damage May have to get a Nerf as it seams Monsters die fairly quickly as it is with just the chain whip if that's how its implemented. Other than that Minor Suggestion of the Flame Whip Upgrade i Really Really Enjoy this fan game and you really deserve Props for this.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

hude congrats well-deserved!
Janttu

Post by Janttu »

Just wanted to say thank you for this awesome mod! Just streamed it today and really liked it.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

The game is an excellent base for creative ideas. I can see many of our modders here creating a rogue-like adventure out of this game.

I suggest using RPGZDoomLite alongside Simon's Destiny for a "experience-based" style of gameplay. Meaning, you level up fighting the monsters, can dump your stats into allocated traits and use skill points for skills such as "Scan" or "Vampirism". It doesnt change the gameplay, only merely enhances it. Did I also mention that there were spells?

I like the game the way it is. Do not change it or alter it for any reason only to further fix bugs (if there are any) and keep the core of the game centered around Simon. I suggest that if you want to see a Castlevania 64-styled game, or any of the aforementioned styles it's recommended to study up on DECORATE, learn mapping via GZDoom/ZDoom and create it yourself. I will be looking forward to the community's creations being a hardcore avid Castlevania enthusiast.

If someone can get ahold of Shadowserg and BEG him to run this game, I would die in peace. I always play this on the hardest difficulty and have a sinister blast running through it.

WindSoar27 wrote:I just wanted to take a moment to Sign in after Playing this and i gotta Say i am LOVING this as a long time Castlevania Franchise Fan this is a really awesome Fan Game and it holds True to the classic games including the difficulty but then again i was playing on Full Moon Difficulty so that may have been why it was such a challenge :P and i don't really have any Thing i can really complain about accept for a question, does picking up Cumulative Whip Power Ups do anything other than evolve/transform the Vampire Killer to its Chain whip Incarnation or does it actually do something?. and maybe a Tiny Suggestion if this mod is still being developed is it Possible to maybe get either a power up kinda like a Psudo Berserk Pack sort of pick up to include the Flame Whip Upgrade for a temporary/set period of time as the Flaming Whip/upgrade Version of the Vampire Killer is a Part of the Castlevania Series and it just Feels like that's all its Missing is that Last Whip Incarnation/upgrade, if your uncertain how to implement it there was another castlevania mod Called Nightmare of the Sin that Included a Sort of Berserk upgrade/Pick Up that granted the Flame Whip for a set period of time that functioned a lot like the Doom Franchises Berserk pack. or just picking up a certain amount of Whip Upgrades will give it that last Flame Upgrade indefinitely the Damage May have to get a Nerf as it seams Monsters die fairly quickly as it is with just the chain whip if that's how its implemented. Other than that Minor Suggestion of the Flame Whip Upgrade i Really Really Enjoy this fan game and you really deserve Props for this.
Simon did not inherit the Item Crash. This would be redundant, as Trevor and Sypha were the parents that helped pass those traits down, though Simon did not take up the practice of magic like his ancestors. This explains why Richter is able to harness the Item Crash ability due to Juste (Sypha's descendant) inheriting a majority of his great grandmother's traits. These were passed down to Richter. That Flame Whip WOULD be a good idea for a alt-fire attack that can only be used if you have the number of hearts to do so (15).
RustyController

Post by RustyController »

I'm really sorry to ask but could you release only the maps so i may play it with GTMOA? i desire a good-ole "ghosts n goblins" run of this
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

RustyController wrote:I'm really sorry to ask but could you release only the maps so i may play it with GTMOA? i desire a good-ole "ghosts n goblins" run of this
I'm sorry but it's not something i can quickly make. I've been talking with Kegan about adding a possible mod compatibility with Simon's Destiny, but it's on hold for now as i need to focus on my other project
RustyController

Post by RustyController »

Batandy wrote:
RustyController wrote:I'm really sorry to ask but could you release only the maps so i may play it with GTMOA? i desire a good-ole "ghosts n goblins" run of this
I'm sorry but it's not something i can quickly make. I've been talking with Kegan about adding a possible mod compatibility with Simon's Destiny, but it's on hold for now as i need to focus on my other project
Alright! I'm in no rush friend! "Better slow and steady and make it perfect than rush it and end up half assing it" ammirite? Anyhow...

On the subject of simons destiny it genuinely feels like one of the original castlevanias its that good! It just feels great running through the gauntlet of dracula's castle and whippin' it good! Thank you for bringing back wonderful memories
Korell

Post by Korell »

If I try to use Castlevania.ipk3 as an IWAD then I get the following error message:

Castlevania.ipk3:zscript.txt, line 3: Class name MenuHandler already exists

Which prevents it from running. If, however, I use DOOM2.WAD as the IWAD and Castlevania.ipk3 as a PWAD then it runs fine.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Korell wrote:If I try to use Castlevania.ipk3 as an IWAD then I get the following error message:

Castlevania.ipk3:zscript.txt, line 3: Class name MenuHandler already exists

Which prevents it from running. If, however, I use DOOM2.WAD as the IWAD and Castlevania.ipk3 as a PWAD then it runs fine.
You are running it on an older version of Gzdoom, please update it

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”