Wrath of Cronos RPG V3A

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: Wrath of Cronos RPG 1.8A

Post by 4thcharacter »

Valherran wrote:
SomeDude wrote:Probably a bit late to the party, but it seems that Wrath of Cronos has been updated recently!
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... thofcronos
Now it's beta 2 and it seems that only works with Zandronum.
Since August judging by the upload dates... I wish he came by to tell us about this site, I would have tested everything for him.
What's new in the update? Can't take a look for myself right now. New monsters? And even better, classes?

Would you mind sharing it here? I'd appreciate it.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

4thcharacter wrote:
Valherran wrote:
SomeDude wrote:Probably a bit late to the party, but it seems that Wrath of Cronos has been updated recently!
Since August judging by the upload dates... I wish he came by to tell us about this site, I would have tested everything for him.
What's new in the update? Can't take a look for myself right now. New monsters? And even better, classes?

Would you mind sharing it here? I'd appreciate it.
I'm speedrunning it right now, and there is a significant amount of changes present.

1. He added treasure chests to the game that explode with random loot and coins, but you need a key (can gain off dead mobs) to open it. There is also a gold rimmed chest that gives 4x the amount of stuff plus a random relic.
2. Some skills were replaced with new ones, for instance the Mage now has a barrier spell that acts as a 2nd life bar, and the Hunter can spawn potions.
3. A bunch of sounds and new mechanics were added, for example the Hunter can cycle through all the elemental arrows with the alt-fire button.
4. Default monsters were altered on all ID games, they are much more aggressive and projectiles are 2x faster.
5. Some of the attributes have new perks, Strength for example now also determines how much items you can carry. (Items now have a carry cap.) And Charisma now alters pet damage and vendor prices.
6. There is a new file in the list that looks to be an extended beastiary mod (more new enemies), but unfortunately I cannot get this file to work on any game.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

How did you come to this conclusion?

2 Valherran:
Valherran wrote:I'm speedrunning it right now, and there is a significant amount of changes present.
Void Weaver wrote:
tyketto wrote:Looks like Thetis updated Wrath of Cronos to version 2.0, according to some recent uploads of his on allfearthesentinel.net. Not sure what's new in this version
Void Weaver wrote:Dudes, is the any news about changelog of 2.0 version?
Since Thetis doesn't show any activity on the forums I think that some changes description may be a helpful for somebody:
Spoiler: Unofficial changelog for WoC 2.0
Valherran wrote:6. There is a new file in the list that looks to be an extended beastiary mod (more new enemies), but unfortunately I cannot get this file to work on any game.
Void Weaver wrote:
tyketto wrote:Something with the label "extramonsv10a" (Not sure where or how it is used) - http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... nsv10a.pk3
wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3 - that's new WoC Doom Extra Monsters Patch (Load after Doom Randomized Monsters Patch). Fcuking awesome and challenging bestiary. Really. Especially new Liches, Cultist Zealot, Flesh Wizard, Dark Imp and other bosses.
4thcharacter wrote:What's new in the update? Can't take a look for myself right now. New monsters? And even better, classes?
I did a quick test of 3 new files (from 24th november):

wrathofcronosr2b_extramonsv11.pk3
wrathofcronosdoomrandom2b.pk3
wrathofcronosr2b2.pk3

And have found 3 noticeble changes:

1. A new cool floated healthbars was added. Also it's toggleable at WoC options menu.
2. Mage's "fade" skill was replaced for new shield skill.
3. Doom D'Sparil has been upped. :twisted: I mean really UPPED - he has 8 kinds of offensive skills now and one of them is utterly ultimative.
Last edited by Void Weaver on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Looks like I might need to see that monsterpack. The last update it came along from on April this year, it had brought a bunch of unique monsters in the table. Even if they are just a recolor/sprite edits of known monsters out there, they have some unique attacks on their own.

Also, it seems like the strength stat will finally have some use like being the capacity stat from DRPG, but I have a hunch that the same stat also toughens you up. Noticed it when I started to pour strength when playing as a mage. I could be wrong.
LordKane773

Post by LordKane773 »

I can confirm the new betas do NOT function on GZDoom.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Which version of GZDoom? The latest or older ones.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

4thcharacter wrote:Looks like I might need to see that monsterpack. The last update it came along from on April this year, it had brought a bunch of unique monsters in the table. Even if they are just a recolor/sprite edits of known monsters out there, they have some unique attacks on their own.
Exactly. More details:
Void Weaver wrote:As I has promised, I did compile the Wrath of Cronos bestiary guide separated on 2 guides (one for "wrathofcronosdoomrandom2.pk3" and other one for "wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3"), also main WoC guide was a bit updated and polished. You can grab it here.
LordKane773 wrote:I can confirm the new betas do NOT function on GZDoom.
Isn't true.
Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:Is there no final version of WOC? Anyway to get it working on Gzdoom 3.2?
And NO, WoC_2.0 doesn't work correctly with GZDoom versions newer than 2.2 unless if you will use fixed WoC version by vidumec or another compatibility fix made by someone else.
LordKane773

Post by LordKane773 »

Void Weaver wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:Looks like I might need to see that monsterpack. The last update it came along from on April this year, it had brought a bunch of unique monsters in the table. Even if they are just a recolor/sprite edits of known monsters out there, they have some unique attacks on their own.
Exactly. More details:
Void Weaver wrote:As I has promised, I did compile the Wrath of Cronos bestiary guide separated on 2 guides (one for "wrathofcronosdoomrandom2.pk3" and other one for "wrathofcronosr2_extramonsv10a.pk3"), also main WoC guide was a bit updated and polished. You can grab it here.
LordKane773 wrote:I can confirm the new betas do NOT function on GZDoom.
Isn't true.
Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:Is there no final version of WOC? Anyway to get it working on Gzdoom 3.2?
And NO, WoC_2.0 doesn't work correctly with GZDoom versions newer than 2.2 unless if you will use fixed WoC version by vidumec or another compatibility fix made by someone else.
Oh it still works on earlier GZdooms? I am was using the newer 3.2.1 I will try to use 2.2 then (also I am still on moderator approval since I am a new account so my responses will be stilted.)
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

Yep, as like as the 3 new WoC 2.0b files which are has been pointed a bit earlier:

(wrathofcronosr2b_extramonsv11.pk3
wrathofcronosdoomrandom2b.pk3
wrathofcronosr2b2.pk3).

But keep in mind what haven't fixed version of those 3 for new GZDoom versions, unlike WoC 2.0_Hexen\Doom files.
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

A some skill changes from 2.0 to 2.0b:

1. Cleric
Divine Light (cost) 40+slvl*2 -> 40+slvl*1,5

2. Hunter
Trip Bomb (cost) 12 -> 12+slvl*0,5
Nature's Salve (cost) 14+slvl -> 14+slvl*0,5 (yay, medical care is more available now!)

3. Mage
Telekinesis (cost) 6 -> 4
Fire Trap (cost) 12+slvl -> 10+slvl
Meteor (cost) 40+slvl*1,5 -> 35+slvl*1,5
Arcane Barrier (Fade skill replacement) 25% max magic - creates damage resistance shield (very useful replacement, somewhat reminds the sorceress's ES from Diablo 2)
Blizzard (cost) 35+slvl*1,5 -> 30+slvl*1,5
Pillar of Flame (modified) - now additionally emits a lot of bouncing fireballs (more fascinating, more destructive)
Arctic Glacier (modified) - changed trace vector of ice spikes from radial shaped to phalanx (still fuking laggy, but less than first version)

P. S. A new Doom_D'Sparil is really badass.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I noticed there is a level cap slider now, plus a minimum level start slider. So the default cap is 160, but it can be slid all the way to 900. Man that's a lot of EXP, but I am gonna try and legitimately get there and see how long it takes, stay tuned. lol
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

I got only 200th lvl at map 09 of Sunder.wad when doing Cleric playthrough on Pope in WoC 1.7b. Image But maybe in 2.0 exp rates has been changed, who knows? In any case, good luck for 900th level achievement, dude.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

I'm sure last time I checked(said on page 32), the 2.0 beta still needed using old GZDooM version(2.2 or older) or you'll got the Fatal error(except when loading with the DooM patch for some reasons) so unless the author or someone want to fix the mod once for all, then everyone can just throw away the idea for try to run with latest GZDooM, just using the outdated old ones. :(
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

The Heresiarch is totally OP now, that stupid shield of his reflects EVERYTHING back at you and it's almost always up. Even the homing fireballs from Bloodscourge get reflected back at you, total BS. I pretty much avoid him altogether unless I am playing Hexen, everyone else should do the same...
Void Weaver

Post by Void Weaver »

IIRC, Heresshield always reflects everything back at you.
I have think that Heresiarch was strongly nerfed, since his shield vulnerable for potions.

Btw, in WoC2.0b Heretic_D'Sparil has been upped by similar way - like as Doom_D'S, yeah!
...But that didn't save him from smashing out his skull from the hood, with my bare spiked skilled Fists only.
_Fists_Walkthrough_20171203_031158.jpg
He-he-he.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”