Lithium 1.7.0 Beta (Apr. 17, 2022)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Lithium [1.5.3 Update][Nov. 22]

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:While I'm here, I'm assuming Luck affects crit chance or something? It's just labeled as "random chance". I've occasionally seen a little white rail shot fire off when I shoot my shotgun sometimes, I'm assuming that's what that is?
No, that's actually a 3-frame attack you can do after selecting the weapon. Luck just makes you get more Score, in the future it will do more.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Marrub wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:Never had it happen to me in 1.5.2, no. It's new to this update. Slight update to it tho, since I was left defenseless by the crappy framerate, I decided to cheat-nuke all the monsters and just go to the exit. That helped the framerate to a certain degree; I was able to navigate, at the very least, but it was still like playing a slightly fast slideshow. It felt like looking at their corpses wasn't helping the issue, either.

I don't have this issue with any other mod, so it's not just my somewhat subpar laptop that's to blame, for once. I feel like some kinda variables are just going out of control or something, I dunno, it's weird.
Damn it all. I might know what it is, will investigate.
I looked through all 219 changed files over 69 revisions, and I could not find a single thing that could possibly cause a performance regression.
:stuppor:

I am truly sorry. I am also able to reproduce this bug, by the way – and using stat, it tells me that the think time has gone up by several hundred milliseconds. Not the ACS think time, nor the VM time, it's just doing something truly weird. Ugh...
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Amazing update! But I'd like to ask why the Demons are called Hell Sargeants?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Well, I lowered performance-eating stuff across the board and started over on a new mapset without the jukebox mod I was using(it has ACS in it, I doubt it was doing anything, but hey whatever), and so far I haven't had any issues 15 maps in. It's threatened to do it, but hasn't so... yay?

As bad as it is, it's not bad enough to stop me from playing the mod, haha.
Ribo Zurai wrote:Amazing update! But I'd like to ask why the Demons are called Hell Sargeants?
Doom Bible reference. Pinkies were originally going to be called sergeants for... some weird reason. Similarly, imps were called troopers(and so they are in this mod).
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

twinkieman93 wrote:
Ribo Zurai wrote:Amazing update! But I'd like to ask why the Demons are called Hell Sargeants?
Doom Bible reference. Pinkies were originally going to be called sergeants for... some weird reason. Similarly, imps were called troopers(and so they are in this mod).
Ohh that's interesting. I thought they had Shotgun Guy's name by a glitch. Thanks.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Ribo Zurai wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:
Ohh that's interesting. I thought they had Shotgun Guy's name by a glitch. Thanks.
Yeah, I prefer the Doom Bible names because they sound more... proper? They sound like names someone would formally invent, whereas stuff like "Pinky Demon" seems quite colloquial.
twinkieman93 wrote:Well, I lowered performance-eating stuff across the board and started over on a new mapset without the jukebox mod I was using(it has ACS in it, I doubt it was doing anything, but hey whatever), and so far I haven't had any issues 15 maps in. It's threatened to do it, but hasn't so... yay?
Interesting... If there were any Lithium settings you changed, could you tell me which?
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

when some high level spectres with a blue glow around them die, the blue light doesn't fade.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

LossForWords wrote:when some high level spectres with a blue glow around them die, the blue light doesn't fade.
Yeah, I know. I'll write a list of known bugs in the OP.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Marrub wrote:Interesting... If there were any Lithium settings you changed, could you tell me which?
I turned off the rain and alternate skies. The weird thing was, I expected disabling the rain to only do anything when I'd gotten to a new level, but just turning it off improved my framerate by a decent amount even though the rain was still falling.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

twinkieman93 wrote:
Marrub wrote:Interesting... If there were any Lithium settings you changed, could you tell me which?
I turned off the rain and alternate skies. The weird thing was, I expected disabling the rain to only do anything when I'd gotten to a new level, but just turning it off improved my framerate by a decent amount even though the rain was still falling.
Hm, I don't play with either of those options on, so it can't be that. Will continue to look out for potential causes.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Patriot1776 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

I do plan to add an inventory system, but not picking up health items. (I don't actually know any mods that do that?)
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Patriot1776 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marrub

Post by Marrub »

Okay... Thanks for playing?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Patriot1776 wrote:I'm probably going to delete your mod after downloading it.
Come on, that's not cool.
You are totally free to do stop playing the mod, delete it from your computer, play other things, and all that. But outright saying to the modder's face "I don't like your thing because X and so I'm going out of my way to annihilate it" is downright rude. Keep comments like that to yourself, please.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”