The "How do I..." Thread

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Gifty

Re: The "How do I..." Thread

Post by Gifty »

Trying to get an ambient loop to play for the player at the start of the level, but I think I'm running into TID problems. I can get the sound to play via "ambientsound" but the moment I use a TID-related function like "playsound" I run into trouble and the sound won't play. Am I doing something wrong?

Code: Select all

script "LevelSounds" ENTER
{
	//assigns player TID
		    Thing_ChangeTID(0, 1000 + PlayerNumber());

//ambient sound
		    Playsound(1000,"mood/constant",0,100,1,0,1);
}
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Gifty wrote:Trying to get an ambient loop to play for the player at the start of the level, but I think I'm running into TID problems. I can get the sound to play via "ambientsound" but the moment I use a TID-related function like "playsound" I run into trouble and the sound won't play. Am I doing something wrong?

script "LevelSounds" ENTER
{
	//assigns player TID
		    Thing_ChangeTID(0, 1000 + PlayerNumber());

//ambient sound
		    Playsound(1000,"mood/constant",0,100,1,0,1);
}
instead of doing it like this try doing something like this (especially since changing player TID can mess up compatibility with a lot of mods.)

script 1 ENTER
{
ambientsound ("moodconstant", 127);
delay (4200);
restart;
}

lets say the song is 2 minutes long, each second is roughly 35 tics. so restart after 120 seconds.
also for the 127 in ambient sound simply change that to anything lower if it is too loud. 127 is max volume.

then once you want the ambient sound to stop set up an activator (walking over a line or using a switch or whatever) for script 2 (or whatever)

script 2 (void)
{
acs_terminate (1,0);
}
if this doesnt work for you let me know. i mess with a lot of sound scripts so we can find something that will work for you.
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

worldendDominator wrote:You should've mentioned you're talking about a playerpawn and not a monster. That changes everything.
If you want main fire and altfire make the pawn do different animations, you need to distinguish them somehow in the pawn's Missile state. It should be possible to do with a token (inventory item without any properties), but there may be other ways.

Actor DiabolistPlayer {
	Missile:
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("RaiseToken",1,"MisRaise")
		DIAB G 10
		DIAB HIJKLMNO 8
		DIAB P 20
		Goto Spawn
	MisRaise:
		DIA2 ABC 10
		Goto Spawn
}

Actor DiabloistPower : Weapon {
	AltFire:
		DIAB A 0 A_JumpIfNoAmmo("Ready")
		DIAB A 0 A_GiveInventory("RaiseToken",1)
		DIAB A 0 A_TakeInventory("RaiseToken",1)
		DIAB A 10 A_ReFire
		Goto Ready
}

Actor RaiseToken : Inventory {
	Inventory.MaxAmount 1
}
Did that, still nothing. :? :? :?

In fact animation changes, problem is in the altfire A_GiveInventory and A_TakeInventory are not working.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

cortlong50 wrote:instead of doing it like this try doing something like this (especially since changing player TID can mess up compatibility with a lot of mods.)
That gets the sound to loop without messing with TIDs, the only problem is the sound pops when restarting. I'll try and mess with some editing techniques to fix it, but thanks for the help in the meantime! EDIT: used some tricky editing to kill the pops. This should work for now, thank you!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I need a little help with a couple Kriegsland Issues that are bothering me since the very beginning.

The first one is: once the player is on a wall and shoots a rocket, it explodes right in front of the player. However i cant just make it centered, given the weapons are angled.
Here's one of them:

TNT1 A 0 A_FireCustomMissile("PanzerRocket",2,1,18,1,0,0)
How to keep the angled offsets and make the rocket not explode in the player's face?

The second one is, the zoomed state is too sensitive; once the player holds the zoom key, it goes back and forth a lot, i would like to make it not so sensible, that even if the player holds the zoom key on an automatic weapon, it won't go back until he press the zoom button again.

Thanks for the attention.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

GAA1992 wrote:
......How to keep the angled offsets and make the rocket not explode in the player's face?......

......The second one is, the zoomed state is too sensitive; once the player holds the zoom key, it goes back and forth a lot, i would like to make it not so sensible, that even if the player holds the zoom key on an automatic weapon, it won't go back until he press the zoom button again.....

Thanks for the attention.
The only way I know of to stop instant kills on rocket/wall relationships (they are genetically disposed to be very attracted to one another, so this isn't changing any time soon), is to give the missiles an arming distance - this is a real life thing and you can code your rockets to not enter their death state unless a certain range (i.e. give a inventory/health marker for each 2 tics of travel, after a certain time the XDEATH state can be triggered on impact with a jumpifinventory check. My Ashes grenade launcher from the old beta used this trick, especially since the damage caused by a point blank accident was insta-gib-no-excuses.

As for the Zoom State, that's easy. Set the weapon to NOAUTOFIRE but give the fire states A_refire to give loops, rather than goto ready.

Let me know if you need more help.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

About the rocket, thx for the useful tip; i gonna look into that now.

But i just realized how badly i expressed myself on the Zoom topic.

This happens to all weapons, even the ones with NOAUTOFIRE, but instead of using altfire for the Zoom like it usually is (and usually it goes right the way you told me), i am talking about the "Weapon Zoom" key on options, on the "Zoom" state. If the player holds the zoom it doesn't stop. :p
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Ah, ok. Maybe add an extra tic or two in the zoom state, while it plays a groovy wirring sound maybe? I'll do some experiments....
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

@GAA1992
You can use inventory tokens to stop a weapon from going into the Zoom state.
You give the token at the start of the Zoom state sequence, then check for it either in the Zoom state sequence before giving it (in which case you jump to Ready) or in the Ready state sequence (in which case you jump to a modified Ready state with the Zoom state disabled).
Then you remove the inventory token after the first tic of the Ready state.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

how the f**k did my sound just stop working?

can anyone see what the issue is? here is my log file. ive tried reinstalling gzdoom.

Log started: Sat Nov 18 23:19:12 2017

I_Init: Setting up machine state.
CPU speed: 2660 MHz
CPU Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
  Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
  Family 6, Model 37, Stepping 5
  Features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2
I_InitSound: Initializing OpenAL
  Opened device OpenAL Soft on Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
  EFX enabled
V_Init: allocate screen.
S_Init: Setting up sound.
ST_Init: Init startup screen.
Checking cmd-line parameters...
S_InitData: Load sound definitions.
G_ParseMapInfo: Load map definitions.
Texman.Init: Init texture manager.
ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
script parsing took 183.15 ms
R_Init: Init Doom refresh subsystem.
DecalLibrary: Load decals.
M_Init: Init menus.
P_Init: Init Playloop state.
ParseSBarInfo: Loading default status bar definition.
ParseSBarInfo: Loading custom status bar definition.
D_CheckNetGame: Checking network game status.
player 1 of 1 (1 nodes)
I_InitInput
I_StartupMouse
I_StartupKeyboard
I_StartupXInput
I_StartupRawPS2
I_StartupDirectInputJoystick
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: Quadro FX 880M/PCIe/SSE2
GL_VERSION: 3.3.0 (Core profile)
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback2 GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_import_sync_object GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_debug GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_geometry_shader4 GL_NV_gpu_program4 GL_NV_gpu_program4_1 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_coverage GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2 GL_NV_path_rendering GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_shader_buffer_load GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_expand_normal GL_NV_texture_multisample GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_transform_feedback GL_NV_transform_feedback2 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NV_video_capture GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control
Max. texture size: 8192
Max. texture units: 32
Max. varying: 60
Max. uniform block size: 65536
Uniform block alignment: 256
Resolution: 1600 x 900

<------------------------------->

map06 - the crusher

its only this version (2.4.0) every other version works. so what the....

i need to test on this version and 3.x and 1.8.

EDIT

you know what? im gonna leave this up and if the mods want to delete it they can...but i want you to see how dumb something can be and how big of a dumbass you can feel when you realize THE APPLICATION GOT MUTED IN THE VOLUME MIXER!
ive been messing with this for an hour. and for no reason at all it was muted.

this is the type of stuff that drives people to suicide.
Zeberpal

Post by Zeberpal »

I'm trying to get some actors, which appear/dissapear as you approach/walk away to them.
What could be hte problem of script not working properly?(actors are always invisible despite the distance from player to actor)

script "ActorTransDynamic" (int r)
{
    int cx = GetActorX(r);
    int cy = GetActorY(r);
    int cz = GetActorZ(r);

int dst = VectorLength(GetActorZ(0)-cz, VectorLength(GetActorX(0)-cx, GetActorY(0)-cy))>>16;

int maxdst = 512; // 

int alpha = 0;
    if (dst <= maxdst) alpha = 255-(dst*255/maxdst);

SetActorProperty(r, APROP_Alpha, alpha);    // <-----I think I'm doing something wrong right here
	SetActorProperty(r, APROP_RenderStyle, STYLE_Translucent);

Delay(1);
    restart;
}

script 3 ENTER
{
    for (int r = 1; r <= 128; r++)
        ACS_NamedExecuteWithResult("ActorTransDynamic", r, 0, 0, 0);
}
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

cortlong50 wrote: .....sound stuff .....
Something like this just happened to me today.
All along sound would come from my external speakers, but today GZDoom decided to play the sound through my tinny monitor speakers. It took me a while to find that Windows enabled the Benq speakers and the Realtek speakers

Once the Benq speakers were disabled, all was as it should be. :D
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Kappes Buur wrote:
cortlong50 wrote: .....sound stuff .....
sound stuff followed by....

Once the Benq speakers were disabled, all was as it should be. :D
good to see it happened to Kappes too, i was losing my god damn mind haha, glad you got it figure out. glad i got it figured out too before i chucked the damn laptop out the window.
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

Zeberpal wrote:I'm trying to get some actors, which appear/dissapear as you approach/walk away to them.
What could be hte problem of script not working properly?(actors are always invisible despite the distance from player to actor)

script "ActorTransDynamic" (int r)
{
    int cx = GetActorX(r);
    int cy = GetActorY(r);
    int cz = GetActorZ(r);

int dst = VectorLength(GetActorZ(0)-cz, VectorLength(GetActorX(0)-cx, GetActorY(0)-cy))>>16;

int maxdst = 512; // 

int alpha = 0;
    if (dst <= maxdst) alpha = 255-(dst*255/maxdst);

SetActorProperty(r, APROP_Alpha, alpha);    // <-----I think I'm doing something wrong right here
	SetActorProperty(r, APROP_RenderStyle, STYLE_Translucent);

Delay(1);
    restart;
}

script 3 ENTER
{
    for (int r = 1; r <= 128; r++)
        ACS_NamedExecuteWithResult("ActorTransDynamic", r, 0, 0, 0);
}
i honestly cant see any issues, but there is a great enemy on Realm667 that appears when it is in within attack range and then disappears.
maybe take a look at the decorate in this actor. (download link below).

http://realm667.com/index.php/en/compon ... 69&Itemid=
cortlong50

Post by cortlong50 »

when using the

script 02 (void)
{
	SetFont("PICTURE");
	HudMessage(s:"A"; HUDMSG_PLAIN, 0, 0, 0.1, 0.8, 3.7);
}
script...how do i get it to scale across the entire screen? cant seem to figure it out. does the image have to match resolution? because if so....that sucks.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”